• standard
    • doughnut
    • black doughnut
  4. 4. pocket bags

• chambray
    • flannel
    • herringbone
    • standard

Depends on the local customs practice - in some countries they go easy (or relatively easy), in some parts of Germany (Berlin for example) they could go hardcore on you (insisting on invoice and looking up the brand and price)...

In Berlin they will charge you VAT and import duty from a specific value onwards. It does not matter to them if it is a purchase or present.

If they assume that you are trying cheat it can get nasty - penalty and/or filing official investigation...

I think the charge is for anything over about £35, including postage so they'll probably add the $50 marked price to the postage, convert that to pounds (£50-55?) and charge you on the excess. No biggie although still a pain.

I think the charge is for anything over about £35, including postage so they'll probably add the $50 marked price to the postage, convert that to pounds (£50-55?) and charge you on the excess. No biggie although still a pain.

Yeah, and they always have some f**king vague handling charge. The worst part is the inevitable journey to the depot in Croydon on Saturday to collect them.

Edited by TheIntelligentHoodwinker

Busted. Awaiting Customs Charging.

Feeling your pain, dude :-|

The worst part is the inevitable journey to the depot in Croydon on Saturday to collect them.

At least it's pretty straightforward to get to (although I hear on the streets it's no longer by East Croydon station?). Now I'm up Chester way the nearest depot is on a very grim industrial estate in the middle of nowhere, arse end of North Wales...

Croydon?! Watch out for the stripy Nigels!

Oi, jog on sunshine!

Looking forward to getting these and the subsequent 'blue hands' ?!

Edited by Artisandenim

Hey Ed - I owe you a pint mate. Or ten. i may be an impatient git but worth every minute of the wait.

These things are amazing. The colour and hue is something unique.

Got them in a gentle soak in the bath at the moment. Got to be careful as they fit perfectly fresh off the plane, so these might not see the inside of a machine until I've gauged shrink/stretch.

Anyone wants pre/post soak measurements for a 28" 1108 just holla.

Cheers Ed. your collab game is strong!

Finally arrived! Really digging these jeans!!

They buttoned up without too much difficulty so really glad I went down a size. Also glad I went for the 1109 as I was worried about them being super tight. These are just hanging up outside after a soak in the bath. I have a preeeetty good inkling that these will be just right once they're dry. Would bloody love it if I didn't have to hem these but reckon I might need to take an inch or two off.

Respeck' to Ed and Signet! Here they are (with my new Beams shirt that arrived at the same time - hence the tags B)  )

hoodwinker.jpg

Edited by TheIntelligentHoodwinker

Tricky balancing act - I'm pretty sure I'll need a hem (they are a solid 36" at the mo and I need them to be somewhere in the 33" area) and I'm off to London in a couple of days with at least one visit to rivet and hide in the cards. Want to get junior to work his magic on them but need to be careful of further shrink...

• 2 weeks later...