Lawless denim - kickstarter project

blm14

I do like that jacket a lot .... the combination of heavy denim and good leather can take a beating. Anyway, I would like to see the sleeves longer as well as a longer back ... riding a bike will need these modifications ... errrh sorry, forgot this is a CAFE-RACER ;D

Reading about Lawless and see their peeps actually post here, makes me again confident that I will get an answer to my mail with questions regarding a denim chino I am looking and lusting for ages now.

I am the 6"5 guy from Germany who wants a 40" inseam if possible.

Looking forward to see an answer in my inbox .... keep the fit pics coming.

overdRAWn aka Thorsten

I do like that jacket a lot .... the combination of heavy denim and good leather can take a beating. Anyway, I would like to see the sleeves longer as well as a longer back ... riding a bike will need these modifications ... errrh sorry, forgot this is a CAFE-RACER ;D

Reading about Lawless and see their peeps actually post here, makes me again confident that I will get an answer to my mail with questions regarding a denim chino I am looking and lusting for ages now.

I am the 6"5 guy from Germany who wants a 40" inseam if possible.

Looking forward to see an answer in my inbox .... keep the fit pics coming.

overdRAWn aka Thorsten

You ask and we make so yes you can have a 40 length.  We are a full custom capable shop . 

Sorry about the picture quality but all l have to take photos with is my iPad or phone , so iPad it is .

2jaiu1.jpgEcrqum.jpgEUVJAa.jpgwoa0Pg.jpgMqmXQC.jpgp82jaiu1jp82

Sure, go ahead, I think this'll be interesting to everyone visiting the thread. There's not too many examples of actual LD stuff.

There have been quite a few pictures going up over here. We are waiting for orders also but many good items have been in hand. 

http://selvedgestyle.com/thread/177/new-arrivals

Edited by winterland

Two things happened today , first it was a little chilly so I thought I'd give my new jacket an airing out so decided to wear it , so I'm rideing my bicycle to the park with my two year old on board and while I'm waiting at a railroad crossing a woman walks up to me and complements me on the jacket . At this point I'm having a good day then when I get home I have a package waiting for me , inside the box are the 16.7 oz Cone denim and 14 oz kuroki denim jeans I have been waiting for . The fit is near perfict and to be honest without getting out a fine tooth comb the build quality is near perfict . I'm keen to see how they mould to my body .

Pictures to follow when l get a sunny day .

Thanks again Sal for giving them a bit of a prod with a sharp stick at the factory , and yes the wait was well and truly worth it !

Edited by splash pitman

Two things happened today , first it was a little chilly so I thought I'd give my new jacket an airing out so decided to wear it , so I'm rideing my bicycle to the park with my two year old on board and while I'm waiting at a railroad crossing a woman walks up to me and complements me on the jacket . At this point I'm having a good day then when I get home I have a package waiting for me , inside the box are the 16.7 oz Cone denim and 14 oz kuroki denim jeans I have been waiting for . The fit is near perfict and to be honest without getting out a fine tooth comb the build quality is near perfict . I'm keen to see how they mould to my body .

Pictures to follow when l get a sunny day .

Thanks again Sal for giving them a bit of a prod with a sharp stick at the factory , and yes the wait was well and truly worth it !

It is so good to hear things worked out for you.  Our turn times are hard to deal with and trust me I know because i order just like everyone else.  I wait as long as anyone with the exception of me getting an occasional item from the sample section.  I have all but 1 ill fitting item (a shirt that came with arms a 2 inches to long)  I ended up giving that to a guy who needed the arm length so it worked out fine.  I think we have many things to fix but our quality and fit are looking good.

Thanks for posting your experience 

Sal

It is so good to hear things worked out for you.  Our turn times are hard to deal with and trust me I know because i order just like everyone else.  I wait as long as anyone with the exception of me getting an occasional item from the sample section.  I have all but 1 ill fitting item (a shirt that came with arms a 2 inches to long)  I ended up giving that to a guy who needed the arm length so it worked out fine.  I think we have many things to fix but our quality and fit are looking good.

Thanks for posting your experience 

Sal

What is the current turnaround time for something that is ordered lets say... today?

What is the current turnaround time for something that is ordered lets say... today?

maybe 3 - 5 months. LD is so backed up with orders that they really need to work themselves out of it. That being said, whatever you order will be a quality product. You can page back to see my shirt. They have little to no flaws with their construction.

I would say just order whatever and just try not to think about it. Everything is priced relatively cheap so you won't be out much money. Just plan accordingly. LD won't take your money and run. They deliver on their products even though the wait time is long 

Edited by bigblack

maybe 3 - 5 months. LD is so backed up with orders that they really need to work themselves out of it. That being said, whatever you order will be a quality product. You can page back to see my shirt. They have little to no flaws with their construction.

I would say just order whatever and just try not to think about it. Everything is priced relatively cheap so you won't be out much money. Just plan accordingly. LD won't take your money and run. They deliver on their products even though the wait time is long 

yeah the website says 10 - 12 working weeks.  the jeans i ordered are 16.5oz so they would be perfect for winter anyway! haha.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no shortage of skepticism/criticism on the matter, but the new 24oz Supima cotton denim Roman is weaving actually sounds pretty interesting...

http://www.ra-denim.com/24-oz-american-selvedge-co-indigo-mens-selvedge-jeans/

Shouldn't he stick to getting orders out, and sizing issues fixed before he starts on something like this? Just doesn't make sense on my end

so far everything you've said in this thread has been negative. Yes they need to get orders out, yes they have made mistakes on making some people's orders, and no there are no sizing issues. So far the three people that have posted what they ordered have been satisfied with the sizing and product. The 24 oz fabric has been talked about by Roman before any of this clusterfuck took place. Seems like you want an up and coming brand to fail for the hell of it. If you don't like LD don't, don't post anything.

i mean, you have to agree that he does bring up a point about continuing promotions and sales without fulfilling stuff that is been ordered in nov. no? 

i mean if there is a traffic jam, you dont solve it by adding more cars into the mix.

edit: that being said, i ordered in feb. and havent really thought about it since its such a good deal.  i wish LD & co only the best

Edited by TPR950H

i mean, you have to agree that he does bring up a point about continuing promotions and sales without fulfilling stuff that is been ordered in nov. no? 

i mean if there is a traffic jam, you dont solve it by adding more cars into the mix.

edit: that being said, i ordered in feb. and havent really thought about it since its such a good deal.  i wish LD & co only the best

He didn't bring up the point. You did but Roman does need to stop the sales but keep the promotions going. Only way a brand is going to be recognized is by advertising. LD has not taken anyone's money and ran. So far people have gotten their full order, partial order or has requested a refund. LD does not have their priorities in order but they are producing. If you don't like them, don't bother with them. If you have patience and enough clothes to wait, you can't beat what they are doing. The more people that back out, the faster I'll get my pending orders.

Communication is the biggest issue they need to deal with .

In my first email to them after I was sent a sizing form I asked if they could do a 20oz+ so I could use it in the upcoming Heavyweight comp but allas it was one of many that went unanswered .

As for sizing my jeans were spot on , I purchased two pair , the jacket as it turns out was a prêt-à-porter that fits well , I would have liked a more snug fit but it's not worth if for me to return as the mail kills it for me , I guess that is what has scared me from getting any other brands even if they do have a great return policy the mail postage price to change something can double the price of the initial purchase .

For the price point I'll dost likely purchase from them again but I won't wait until I'm desperate for clothes , I'll make sure to give them a few months grace .

so far everything you've said in this thread has been negative. Yes they need to get orders out, yes they have made mistakes on making some people's orders, and no there are no sizing issues. So far the three people that have posted what they ordered have been satisfied with the sizing and product. The 24 oz fabric has been talked about by Roman before any of this clusterfuck took place. Seems like you want an up and coming brand to fail for the hell of it. If you don't like LD don't, don't post anything.

Yes, because everything has to be positive. Sorry, but just because he was talking about it before LD started doesn't make it a good idea.

Yes, because everything has to be positive. Sorry, but just because he was talking about it before LD started doesn't make it a good idea.

Why not? What if it comes out correct and he makes a good 24 oz fabric?

There is no shortage of skepticism/criticism on the matter, but the new 24oz Supima cotton denim Roman is weaving actually sounds pretty interesting...

http://www.ra-denim.com/24-oz-american-selvedge-co-indigo-mens-selvedge-jeans/

Sanforized?  Sounds like fun and the price looks great but with the customer service issues I read about on Yelp... 

Why not? What if it comes out correct and he makes a good 24 oz fabric?

Do you just want to play a game of what ifs? This brand is biting off more than it can chew, have to be delusional to not see that.

Six months or so ago in posts #42 and #58, I said here that I wanted to give LD a chance and would report back. I am now reporting back.

As some of you may have guessed, my experience was not good. I ordered three items and each was wrong in its own way. Despite many attempts to resolve the issues, nothing was resolved for any of the issues. 

Item 1: I was somehow over charged by $19 on a pair of jeans. LD acknowledged this and said they'd send me a coupon code for the amount. They never did. (This pair of jeans turned out ok in terms of quality, so I just paid more than necessary.)

Item 2: All buttons holes on another pair of jeans were over cut and didn't hold the buttons in place. A quality issue. I repaired them myself and then I contacted LD just so they know to do better quality control. They said I could have sent them back for repairs.

Item 3: A shirt arrived with sleeves 2 inches longer than specification and unusually wide cuffs. LD offered to correct the sleeve length and said they would send me a return shipping label by email. 3 days, 5 days, 10 days later and still no shipping label. I have given up.

Item 4: I jumped on a shirt sale, but after the issues with items 1-3 ended badly, I simply cancelled my open order and requested a refund.  We'll see if I actually get the refund. 

Many of you guys warned me. You were right. 100% of my items were wrong in some way (over charged, poor quality control, significantly off specification). And no adequate resolutions. 

So that was my unfortunate experience. I say 'unfortunate' because as you can tell from my initial posts six months ago, I was optimistic and wanted LD to succeed. However, nothing worked out for me. (You may now begin with the I Told You So's and Ferrari jokes.  :)

Edited by sta991

lll see how my pair go over the next two years and if they impress me and they are in a better place business wise l will give them another shot with those 24oz if not l think my next foray will be some lmperial .

So that was my unfortunate experience. I say 'unfortunate' because as you can tell from my initial posts six months ago, I was optimistic and wanted LD to succeed. However, nothing worked out for me. (You may now begin with the I Told You So's and Ferrari jokes.  :)

Thanks for your report man. I still am intrigued by their shirts and jackets, but I'll hold off since shipping back to the US from Europe for potential fixes is too much hassle for me on top of the customs/VAT shenanigans I'll have to put up with in the first place.

• 1 month later...

who the fuck would buy anything from this company at this point? there's been a million shitty reviews for them and you'll wait what seems like an eternity for some clothes that are just off and ugly. 

personally, i'd just pick up an extra shift at work for a day or two, and get well made no bullshit clothing in a reasonable time period, like a week from when you order.