TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

• 2 weeks later...

Half way down on page 2, can't have that now can we!

I went out with a mate for a few postlunch beers on friday at Örebros beer café, all three of them were so great it felt like scoring a drinking hattrick. Started off with a sour from Danish brewery Brekeriet, then the smoothie IPA 411 from Swedish brewery Omnipollo and finished off with Releaf me from Danish brewery To øl. A great way to kick off the weekend.

21793597651_9e13067955_z.jpg

21772426532_ddd198a866_z.jpg

21772406472_0f4acbaee7_z.jpg

21596102800_f5f4f08744_z.jpg

21772201952_d5545e24d0_z.jpg

basically whenever they need, I washed them twice a month during summer, I'll probably go back to once a month unless they'll need more frequent wash (you'll never know with a 1yr and half daughter!)

thanks lads, I am happy with them.

Incidentally I just had to throw them back in the washing machine as yesterday night I've spilled almost a full bottle of cough syrup while fighting with my daughter who didn't want to have it. spoon on one hand, bottle on the other hand, I am a fucking idiot...

It is the best fit I've ever had on a pair of jeans. I have to go back to others on wash days and when I put them on pause for repairs and I always find myself relieved when I get back into these TCBs. I cycle through my Full Count 0105, Evisu 2001, Warehouse 1001 and Deviant Project S01XX and the only one I want to wear more frequently than I do is the S01XX. If a 31 had been available, I may have worn those as much as I've worn these.

The fabric has been stubborn. And by stubborn, I mean, at times, a disheartening mistress. One that tempts and teases you, but dose not give it up straight away. I have loved the subtle characteristics throughout the contest, but found capturing them on camera, or even enjoying them under work lights, almost impossible. Loving this pair of jeans has been, until recently, the few and far between moments of the right light and catching a glimpse and thinking, "Yeah, that denim is beautiful."

I would say it was at the one year mark at the end of September when I first thought, "Yeah, these jeans are looking worn in." And since then, the times I've worn my denim jacket with them, it's only become more evident.

Thank you Aho and Inoue-san for making this contest happen. Thank you to all who contribute and make this thing fun. Let's keep it going.

^^ great write up Jared Lee.

totally agree on everything. this is a special denim. the fabric is stubborn but it rewards with some incredible detail that I don't happen to see often. And as you say it's only after a one year mark that some of these deets pop up (eg the marbling, which I believe it comes out only when the denim ha seen some washes).

all in all I have to say that I prefer TCB 60's over these, as the cut is a bit more versatile, but the 50's are definitely more special, I'd describe them as conoisseur denim!

everything posted on this page is amazing!  Bobbo, in terms of color, your pic's capture what mine look like perfectly.  i've been trying to take some pic's recently and i just can't get the color right.  also, what Jared said is spot on!  I prefer the fit of my Devis contest over the 50's, but the denim is just starting to reveal itself like mentioned, so I can't wait to see more from everyone.

Jared Lee for President! One of my favorite series of posts in a longggggg time and I'm glad you're able to rep TCB in all that you do!

Ultimately the cut is what did me in on not being able to wear them as often as I could; If only I had an extra inch differential in the front and back rise, I could have a comfortable gut, but honestly I'm an exception to the norm in this department (I blame genetics) and the only jeans I can wear comfortably at this point are my Ooe's. 

Regardless, we're on track for an epic conclusion as we all start to reveal the dedicated wear these jeans deserve. The TCB 50's are the best 50's repro in my opinion when factoring in all departments (price, cut, fabric, details, etc.) and I'm glad we could all take part in spreading the love!

(P.S. brilliant wear Bobbo!)

Went to LA with the family, got some fishing squeezed into the itinerary, and also an updated fit pic

22214426182_f53585075d_c.jpgDSC_1861 by 6u07, on Flickr

21606206953_32eb060698_c.jpgDSC_1860 by 6u07, on Flickr

21606206833_4297ea4b6a_c.jpgDSC_1859 by 6u07, on Flickr

22039167600_9a0ee35cd9_c.jpgIMG-20151014-WA0009 by 6u07, on Flickr

22040327989_c52377e52c_c.jpgDSC00735 by 6u07, on Flickr

Edited by ah_long