STORY mfg

JammySTB

Haven't seen STORY discussed at all here on Sufu, so I figured I'd give them some exposure here, since I think what they're doing is really cool!

STORY is a brand created by Bobbin(/u/parsed_the_post on Reddit) and his partner Katy(katykatazome on Instagram).

First off, here's their teaser video:

Currently, they're working on four pairs of jeans - River Denim, Natural Indigo x Natural Indigo, Hank 2 and Hank 8, all dyed & loomed in India and constructed in England.  All four are sanforised.

River is a hand-loomed, 11oz denim hank-dyed with natural indigo.

01_STORYmfg_River_denim__Nixi.jpg

Ni x Ni is a 13oz denim where the warp and the weft have been rope-dyed with slightly different shades of natural indigo.

02_STORYmfg_River_denim__Nixi.jpg

Hank 2 and Hank 8 are very similar to each other.  They are both hand-loomed ~9.5-10oz denims naturally hank-dyed with natural indigo.  The difference is that Hank 2 has been dipped twice, whereas Hank 8 has been dipped eight times.

STORYmfg_Hank_fabrics_041.jpg

P1360737.jpg

STORYmfg_Hank_fabrics_05.jpg

Pre-orders for jeans made from these four denims should go up later on today!

STORY also plan to make other items of clothing too.  There isn't a lot of information about them right now, but they have made prototypes, like this jacket, waistcoat and scarf:

5eKSvVd.jpg

AEJUE3x.png

Here's their website and their Instagram if you want more information and if you want to be signed up for their mailing list, shoot Bobbin and email at [email protected].

There is a thread here for promoting your own brand, Bobbin.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/151524-superartisans-denim-leather-brands/

Glad to see more English manufacturing, as the Americans and Japanese have the monopoly.

I'm not Bobbin - just a fan of STORY!

Really love the natural x natural and hank x hank as well as dyed in India, and hand loomed! - all great concepts - but WHY all Sanforized??

On Reddit a while back, Bobbin commented on why they chose sanforised and mentioned that they will be working on unsanforised denim in the future!

http://www.reddit.com/r/rawdenim/comments/1v2bn0/the_story_mfg_website_is_live/ceog4bd

Interesting to read that they have worked with "Colours of Nature" run by Jesus Ciriza Larraona.

Read about his operation in India a few years back and was hoping to see his name come up in the context of serious/real jeans one day.

Looks like I need to consider pre-ordering...

Edited by Foxy2

Really like the concept - been waiting for something like this. Will wait a little longer for unsanforized river model with colored stitching and different buttons. Best of luck to them, great work!

AFAIK, River is a one time run - once the 37 pairs of it are gone, it won't be made again.

Although, I'm sure they will have some other cool unsanforised fabrics in the future!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got the green time jacket.

I plan on wearing the absolute fuck out of it. I always see people with their 4-5+ year denim jackets and I'm hoping the time jacket turns into that for me.

Bobbin and Kate are awesome, really hoping things take off for them and I'm glad I'm getting in on it early!

I just got the green time jacket.

I plan on wearing the absolute fuck out of it. I always see people with their 4-5+ year denim jackets and I'm hoping the time jacket turns into that for me.

Bobbin and Kate are awesome, really hoping things take off for them and I'm glad I'm getting in on it early!

Woo!  I'm also getting a green jacket when they make them.  Excited to see how it fades - should be pretty interesting.

Will there be any plans for other cuts? The description classes these as a high rise, but 10" and 10.4" on a size 34 and 36 respectively is way too short, unless it excludes waist band width? Could do with a wider upper leg too, if that given thigh measurement is taken from the crotch seam. Thanks

Yeah, the rise struck me as low the first time I saw the size chart because Bobbin had said he hated low rises, and the 0 Jean would have a medium rise.  Then I realised that the size chart does say that it's measured from under the waistband:

WgnIk6l.png

Also, unrelated, but every time I see you post, I start craving Percy Pigs.  I think my local M&S is shut at this time of the night though :(

• 2 weeks later...