superconfessional II: the sequel

SSchadenfreude

it sorta depends on what rice people kop, washing technique, water to grain ratio, etc.

best rice i ever ate was made old school w/ use of clay pot over a fire tbh.  new high tech shit is good cause of cook times and other rice based shit it can make.  just very convenient.  

agurred on old school techniques; but on a weekday when you have 1000x other things going simultaneously? space age riceâ„¢ plz

I feel like I need to up my rice game after reading this thread

don't tell me you eat uncle ben's shit?

making a big pot of beef stew (cheap meat, potatoes, mirepoix, the entire caucasian spice selection (thyme, bay leaf, rosemary, parsley), red wine) on sunday night is definitely a good move, it stays good in the fridge for like 5 days. Works with bread or rice, and you can reheat in the microwave for low effort.

I always shop on saturday and cook sunday afternoon. Dutch oven (slow-cooker) for short rib chili, beef bourguignon, or braised pork has always been my week-long protein. 

I currently swear by seriouseats' chili recipe: seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/01/the-best-chili-recipe.html

Ingredients: Anchovy filet, soy sauce, dark beer, chocolate, coffee, and vodka.

Taste: 10/10 

Also thomas keller's roast chicken: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/My-Favorite-Simple-Roast-Chicken-231348

is great when you want to make a shitload of food for people who decide to show up unannounced. 4 ingredients, 1 optional.

sschaud you make java curry from scratch or japbox style?

superconfessional slowly becoming "rice and what to eat with it"

all because sschad pooped in some girl's ricecooker. amazing. 

re: rice and what to eat with
iunno man filipinos eat rice with everything all the goddamn time. i know i (almost) do but not as ridiculous as some people. >_> 
on really really lazy days i'll cook instant noodle omelette and eat with rice + ketchup lol