John Bull / Sewing Chop

jubei

Can anyone comment on the SC003 and the SC008? I've been trying to decide which pair to order, but they both seem nice.

Does the 18% hemp in the SC008 affect the creasing/fading in any way?

A few tips on sizing/fit would be welcome as well.

The hemp gives the denim a rather hairy feel compared to the usual JohnBull denim. Also makes them feel pretty comfortable and soft. Also makes the dye much brighter blue than the pure cotton JohnBull denim. Really old school denim look. The pictures on the BiG site don't really show the color well. It is not at all blackcast like a lot of modern denim. Put it this way, it goes with warm browns... not so well with black.

Here are some detail pictures of the SC002.. I love the denim - it's a lot darker than the Edwin Sens I just picked up and it's more of a crisp feel. These had the OSX service done by BiG on them and hemmed by BiG. I'll try to get some pictures of me wearing them next time I see my girlfriend. I wouldn't recommend sizing down, they're are tight fit and when shrunk they fit me perfect. Let me know if you want any other detail pictures.

jeans1.JPGjeans2.JPGjean3.JPG

pockets have nice hidden rivets

jeans4.JPGjeans5.JPG

These are my SC002's that have been worn on and off for maybe 4 months. Not crazy wear, but coming along very nicely. Love the cut on this jean.

Excellent. Shit deserves a bump. Is the color really that electric, or is the light making it seem brigher?

• 4 weeks later...

How much are you finding them for on Rakuten? They seem pretty cheap on BiG. Just curious because i'm look into 003s or 007s. Trying to find decent fit pictures to see what the difference exactly is.

I'm finding 003s for 11,000 yen and 007s for 15,750 yen. That's a pretty significant price difference on the 003s, but not so much on the 007s. And i still can't find the 002.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/464624/680921/#729164

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/464624/749867/#815097

The measurements and pictures show that the 007 is slimmer in the thighs and has a lower rise.

i'd go with the 32 if that's your true size. i have the 003 in size 30 and they stretch a little but not much. the waist is fine but the thighs can be a little tight, and yeah with washing they'll only shrink to original size. very nice, tough jeans overall though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I came across some John Bulls yesterday in a vintage store but they've definitely been altered (no chain stitched cuff) and I wasn't 100% sure that they're legit. I didn't have my camera with me but they've got a heavy duty YKK zip, plain back pockets with the red tab on the inside of the right back pocket and the denim, though not very slubby, is really hairy.

Is there anything that I need to look for that will confirm their authenticity?

Well, geeze with all the John Bull fakes out there these days it should be hard to tell if they are real or fake. The fake John Bulls look exactly like the real John Bulls, but the real John Bulls look nothing like the fake ones. To be honest if you couldn't tell that they were authentic they were probably fake ones, but for the right price the fake ones are probably just as good as the real ones. So just buy the jeans if they fit well and don't worry about them being fake, cuz the typical passer-by wouldn't know they were fake anyway.

• 2 months later...