Recent Purchases 2014

seafinch

Yo I'll warn you those pants fit reaaaaally weird.  Tried to make em work but couldn't.  

Yeah, the taper below the knee is what's a bit weird to me, but I'm really interested to see the applique in person. Worst comes to worse, the rise/inseam is long enough I could crop them below the knee that I'd end up with some great baggy 3/4 trousers

I actually paid a rather ridiculous amount for it at the Gallery of Modern Art pop-up bookstore for Future Beauty, but I'd been after it for a while, and it all goes back to the gallery, so I was fine with that. I'm still pretty miffed though, the book is multi-lingual and I can only read the sections in English and French. The Paul Harnden interview I really wanted to read is in Japanese and I barely know any  :(

e: Thought I overpaid, consider the price of the book + shipping to Australia from their bigcartel page, I underpaid by about $50

Edited by lil goose egg deux

Shipping with them is always killer.  I don't remember who I copped vol. II from but just got in touch with a local retailer so mine should be on the way soon.

I kind of suspected it'd be multilingual from the shots I'd seen.  Strange, last one wasn't like that.

I actually paid a rather ridiculous amount for it at the Gallery of Modern Art pop-up bookstore for Future Beauty, but I'd been after it for a while, and it all goes back to the gallery, so I was fine with that. I'm still pretty miffed though, the book is multi-lingual and I can only read the sections in English and French. The Paul Harnden interview I really wanted to read is in Japanese and I barely know any  :(

e: Thought I overpaid, consider the price of the book + shipping to Australia from their bigcartel page, I underpaid by about $50

any more copies left?

There were two copies there, I bought one, there might still be one left (it's behind the counter).

They had some really nice books, but I actually bought the Future Beauty book at Book Warehouse for $20, I'd give a local branch a call before buying it from the exhibit. They had some interesting pattern-making books in particular, everyone in Brisbane really should check out the exhibit

is that their jake the snake model? those are supposed to be awesome. what'd you think of the disc brakes so far?

No, this is the 2014 Rove but with a carbon fork. I think geometry is the same, but the Rove is steel and has all rack mounts. Brakes (Hayes CX5) are good, easier to set up and adjust than Avid BB7:s, but nowhere near as good as hydraulic ones. Weighed 12 kg, now its 10.9 which is still much heavier than the carbon bike I had before.

Think they are.. I have two new pairs for next summer. Think they were vulcanized first and wore like Vans but these look llke a cupped sole a la CP. If you like a more upgraded Era have a look at the Yuketen Hermosa as well. Far more expensive but they are so incredible and nearly bombproof

Edited by aso2004