Super Goals & Resolutions: We Out Here Edition

dovo

^^ right now im just doing deadlifts twice a week (one more volume e.g., 3-5 (sets)*5(reps) + warm-up, and one time with heavier triples, still adding weight for both sessions) , and then im getting a program from a power lifter I know after new years. Not sure about the content of it, but he promises to stop competing (right) if I don´t get to 200 by March. Can add details when I know them :)

Whats your deadlift 1rm?

Edited by superBobo

i actually don't deadlift that often, most i've ever pulled was 260lb over a year ago, but i'm sure i could pull more now. right now i'm running texas method for squats, but doing 3 second pause squats for every rep, which is incredibly taxing on the 5x5 day. i've never been good at balancing both squatting and deadlifting : \

you're pretty tall right? do you pull conventional or sumo?

i actually don't deadlift that often, most i've ever pulled was 260lb over a year ago, but i'm sure i could pull more now. right now i'm running texas method for squats, but doing 3 second pause squats for every rep, which is incredibly taxing on the 5x5 day. i've never been good at balancing both squatting and deadlifting : \

you're pretty tall right? do you pull conventional or sumo?

If your squats are increasing, Im sure you can pull alot more now.  I really need to start squatting again...

I pull conventional (at 6 4), dont have the flexibility and hip strength for sumo right now, but it would be fun to learn it properly.

If your squats are increasing, Im sure you can pull alot more now.  I really need to start squatting again...

I pull conventional (at 6 4), dont have the flexibility and hip strength for sumo right now, but it would be fun to learn it properly.

yeah my squat max eclipsed my deadlift max a while back. and thats cuckoo, i can't imagine squatting at 6'4" is very easy, either.

anyway we can move this to supermeatheads thread in culture forum. doc i'm only doing texas method for my squats, and TM has you do 5x5 on only one of three days.

Edited by e0d9n0b5

• 3 weeks later...

• Get in better shape (reach 200lbs) 
• Take more trips (camping mostly) 
• Pay off my debts

• Kop Jawnz
• Photograph more

• Read More
• Tattoos 
• New place

• Make sure everyone close to me knows how much I appreciate them

• Be solely about that life livin

* hope everyone reaches their goals this year. feel free to add more as they come to you and to post pics when you reach them. Ball out; this is your thread

Non crossed out goals carrying over into this new year. 

Added to the list 

• After recovering from surgery really build up my core and strength (reach 200 lbs) 

• Eliminate the negative aspects of my life (whether it be a person place or thing)

• Meditate

• More camping once I get better

• Build a motorcycle (its all ive been dreaming about since I got hurt. I yearn for dat sense of freedom that I lost due to a pretty bad back injury) 

Ditch all mutual funds and strictly invest my income in Supreme now that I learned a BNWT Kermit tee and Hennessy jersey, are 700 and 1000 dollars, respectively. 

Biggest and basically only goal for 2015 - start doing science at my med school

What? No science unless you are an md/phd. It's just a glorified momorization/biology class with lots of annoying ass pipo!

• 11 months later...

- get better at waking up early and starting work early... i often lose 2 hours in the morning just "getting ready" to work on my own stuff

- get a job with a big belgian or french house over the summer (i have a few specific ones in mind)

- learn more patterncutting on my own so i dont use school projects as an excuse to do that

- get better at staying in touch with friends in other cities, especially vienna

- rebuilding family relationships is something that takes a lot of time so keep doing that

i think its a pretty reasonable/attainable list

did these

- be diligent about biking to work/school instead of taking the train just because its cold or a few raindrops or whatever

- dont waste time on the computer while eating meals

- take my health stuff to the next level (i was healther this year than ever before, but it was a circle of doing well, plateauing, then slacking, and then working my way back to the same plateau again)

- ive become a bit complacent with my current social circle so i wanna meet new people, even if it means going to events alone and starting conversations

slipped on these (did meet some cool people, but all of them well within my comfort zone) 

extra stuff i did this year:

read more than any other year ever by far and got a lot out of it

got a lot better at independent/self motivated learning

traveled a bit, and always with something real to do in each place

for next year:

figure out where i want to work from may/june on

work there

get as much as possible out of it for myself

scheme on some self employment plans on the side

get better at not losing money to dumb stuff like burying bills under a pile of other papers and then having to pay fines

dont fuck up the health thing this time

Edited by ProfMonnitoff

get out of my comfort zone more

see better guys, or at least stop falling for the "I'm the nice guy line" from twats

actually make a commitment to treat my body better (re:exercise and running towards the candy store before they close doesn't count)

save even more $$

invest more wisely

travel more

find a job I can be happy with as a lifer.