Super Goals & Resolutions: We Out Here Edition

dovo

• 2 weeks later...

finally hit body weight bench after what feels like forever (my bench is super skewed relative to the other 2 of the big 3)

get solid grades in my first year of law school

record more music / write more poetry

get a fucking girlfriend / fuck more bzs

got decent grades

recording a lot more music & writing a bit of poetry

still no bzs, still no bodyweight bench

-First Seattle meetup was with 4 people, but I'm sure we'll have another

-Waking up at 8AM everyday, cooking breakfast, and getting to work 15 mins early

-Exercise has been slipping. Once I am up at 7 I will be running.

-Applying to Totokaelo, and debating whether or not to work part-time and go back to school

-Looking at apartments in Seattle with a roommate candidate

-Baking continues

-SISP losing interest. Single, brand-based goal kind of short sighted.

-Vancouver meetup set for May 31/June 1!

-Working on creating a more cohesive Seattle sufu group, but making more friends just by being in the city more as well

-Waking up at 7:30AM and continuing good morning habits

-Contemplating rock climbing as my new form of exercise, but that's highly dependent on...

-My interview with Arc'teryx, which is just for a part-time sales position but could allow me to eventually seek other positions within the company and gets me a discount on Veilance

-Planning on moving into an apartment if I get the Arc'teryx job

-Just made banana bread tonight, but need to challenge myself more

-SISP losing interest, but Stone Island/Massimo Osti as an inspiration continues

-Had a small meetup in Vancouver with Gatefold and CHINESEGOLD, can't wait to go back to Vancouver

• 2 weeks later...

-Working on creating a more cohesive Seattle sufu group, but making more friends just by being in the city more as well

-Contemplating rock climbing as my new form of exercise, but that's highly dependent on...

-My interview with Arc'teryx, which is just for a part-time sales position but could allow me to eventually seek other positions within the company and gets me a discount on Veilance

-SISP losing interest, but Stone Island/Massimo Osti as an inspiration continues

-Had a small meetup in Vancouver with Gatefold and CHINESEGOLD, can't wait to go back to Vancouver

You're stoked if you get the arctery'x connect and decide to climb. Only harnesses I ever use, and they have great relationships with other companies so I imagine you could pick up some black diamond, etc, discounts as well. 

Finish my senior year with 4.0

Don't waste summer money on tattoos

Paint More

Read More

Don't waste summer money on alcohol 

Finished senior year with 4.0

No such thing as wasting money on tattoos as long as they don't suck. 

Painted more in beginning of summer.... now in CA with no studio

Read lots. Now reading wack as fuck book for college

So far only 1 bottle of Hibiki so not really a waste.

New goals:

Find people to cop the clothes in my closet that are too big 

Quit Cigarettes (1 day down!)

Save up for trip to London

Meet a girl who has their own opinions and I find interesting instead of wasting my time on looks alone.

Develop a normal eating habit instead of just eating a large breakfast and being sick for rest of day

Finally buy a new camera

Run a little every other day

Continue to do daily yoga

New creative goals:

[x] Download + learn Unity

Learned c# for Unity, also learned blender for making game art.  New game in progress 

Adding a new goal:

[] Prioritize internship money for paying off all student loans

Edited by Schoon

next year 

get leaner

work harder 

bump my GWA up by 1

stop cramming readings/essays/reports/everything

be on time early for everything related to school

stay as happy as i am right now

feeling more and more happy with the way i look right now; getting leaner seeming less and less important

working harder (in general); making more music, doing more schoolwork, writing more when i can, and taking on more school-related responsibilities... to mention just some of the things i've been doing.

GWA needs improvement still and i need to eliminate cramming but the latter seems to be lessening. more effort still.

hardly late for any classes anymore except for the one on saturday but my professor for that just laughs at me when i'm late so i don't know how to feel

not as happy i was last year, but far happier. pretty sure that's good.

New goals:

Find people to cop the clothes in my closet that are too big 

Quit Cigarettes (1 day down!)

Save up for trip to London

Meet a girl who has their own opinions and I find interesting instead of wasting my time on looks alone.

Develop a normal eating habit instead of just eating a large breakfast and being sick for rest of day

Finally buy a new camera

Run a little every other day

Continue to do daily yoga

early 20s thangs hehe

How's the learning curve on blender? I've been using Meshlab for the 3D scan experiments I've been doing and I never realized how crazy 3D software was until I started fucking with all of this. Fun though :)

If you try to go into it without any prior 3d modeling experience (like I did) then you're going to be really confused.  It's not very intuitive but after following a few tutorials and learning all the shortcut keys it gets much easier very quickly

get a new job

get back into reading for pleasure

receive coop placement at rogers tv

maintain at least an 80 average

improve photography portfolio

start gathering diy equipment and making short films

b more comfortable voicing opinions on things I feel strongly about

i guess since i completed mine relly fast i should set some goals hmmmm

- get my lifts back to where they were when i stopped due to injury/sickness, then

- start setting new PRs =]

- bike a metric century

- bike an imperial century 

-Working on building the framework for larger meetups, got to meet Polygamy and hamham3001 this past Sunday! Started playing Street Fighter 4 at the downtown arcade and seeing if I can (eventually) hop into the seattle fighting game community. Got a pretty fucking weak Ryu, but shout out to Bruised for taking the time to teach me the basics on Street Fighter 2. I can at least hadouken and shoryuken!

-Waking up at 7, but not sleeping that well. Working on bedtime habits/tendencies. Need to read before bed rather than browse the web.

-Bouldering either today or tomorrow, will put pics up on insta (http://instagram.com/theupperleft)

-Hired on at Arc'teryx! Just have to get through the ever so lovely paperwork.

-Seriously looking at apartments, going to hop on it if I find a good deal.

-Made cookies just yesterday for work and making oatmeal chocolate chip coconut this morning for delicious snacks this week.

-New meetup plans: headed to Portland on the 15th of August! Ready to check out the city of roses as an adult for the first time.

-Working on building the framework for larger meetups, got to meet Polygamy and hamham3001 this past Sunday! Started playing Street Fighter 4 at the downtown arcade and seeing if I can (eventually) hop into the seattle fighting game community. Got a pretty fucking weak Ryu, but shout out to Bruised for taking the time to teach me the basics on Street Fighter 2. I can at least hadouken and shoryuken!

-Waking up at 7, but not sleeping that well. Working on bedtime habits/tendencies. Need to read before bed rather than browse the web.

-Bouldering either today or tomorrow, will put pics up on insta (http://instagram.com/theupperleft)

-Hired on at Arc'teryx! Just have to get through the ever so lovely paperwork.

-Seriously looking at apartments, going to hop on it if I find a good deal.

-Made cookies just yesterday for work and making oatmeal chocolate chip coconut this morning for delicious snacks this week.

-New meetup plans: headed to Portland on the 15th of August! Ready to check out the city of roses as an adult for the first time.

"fighting game community" = trash.

you don't want to be a part of that.

- go back to school to study computer science

- learn russian

- excercise everyday

- get involved in my community

- accepted everywhere i applied to and will be starting classes this fall

- started going through material and practicing with a native speaker

- started going to the gym on a daily basis

bonus: i'm reading a new book every week

• 3 weeks later...

got decent grades

recording a lot more music & writing a bit of poetry

still no bzs, still no bodyweight bench

hit bodyweight bench, actually managed to get up like 20lbs over after doing GVT for a while

had a fun lil summer thing in croatia w this older chick which was nice

Start DJing

Make it through Harvard Film/Visual studies suggested viewing & recommended reading lists

Get a job again

Sell everything and leave Superfuture by next month

Can't afford decks at the moment

Through about 60% of the suggested viewing, books are expensive

Now that I'm done with University applications, I've started job applications

Hah!

can i suggest a second hand all in one controller in the interim big nuke man  :)

goal stuff for some reference in the future:

get back to running 4min average kilometres

read a book every other week

save enough for a trip before end of year

streamline wardrobe: replace filler clothing with jawns

Internship fell through due to the company going through economic downturn, but I have an interview tomorrow with an amazing architecture / engineering / interior design firm that I would be incredibly excited to work for and learn from.  So only one new goal this time:

[x] get the job!! 

Edited by Schoon