UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

• 2 weeks later...

A few days, a Selvedge run and Berlin Fashion Week later....

The jeans got exactly what they needed. I followed the same steps UES prescribed on their website on how to wash the jeans. First soak for at least an hour, I did 2 hours (Don't think it really matters that much). And after the soak they advice a machine wash, which I did. A cycle of 62 minutes on 60 degrees with 1400 RPM (for anybody who cares about these details haha).

My goal was to get all the shrink out and I think I succeeded!

Couldn't button-up directly because the button holes were too tight! I used a pencil to widen them with succes. The waist stretched back pretty fast and actually some fades started to appear immediately after a few days of wear. I think these will go even harder and faster than the other 400T pair.

Measurements RAW:

Size: 34

Waist: 17,5

Front rise: 11,2

Back rise: 14,8

Thigh (2'' below crotch): 12,5

Knee (13'' below croth): 9,5

Hem: 8,4

Inseam: 37 

Outseam: 47,8

Measurements after soak + machine wash:

Size: 34

Waist: 16,5

Front rise: 10,5

Back rise: 14,2

Thigh (2'' below crotch): 11,7

Knee (13'' below croth): 9,2

Hem: 7,9

Inseam: 35

Outseam: 45,5

Now I understand why Lee sent me a size 34 instead of the same size af my winning pair, a 33. It would never had fit!

tumblr_nrdf6p8Kbu1rjezijo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nrdf6p8Kbu1rjezijo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nrdf6p8Kbu1rjezijo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nrdf6p8Kbu1rjezijo6_1280.jpg

Picture of the backside of the hems.

tumblr_nrdf6p8Kbu1rjezijo5_1280.jpg

Picture of the frontside of the hems with intense legtwist. I like!

tumblr_nrdf6p8Kbu1rjezijo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nrdf6p8Kbu1rjezijo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_nrdf6p8Kbu1rjezijo8_1280.jpg

Thanks Tillman!

And very nice to see you coming back, I already thought you have left us for good :D

And definitely good to be back. We've been hopping apartments for a few months and now we have finally settled. No more stress and a little more time for denim.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These look great. Been debating between some Fullcount 1101 and 400Ts...this contest thread is sealing the deal.

Thinking I'd go with a 32 or 33. I'm looking for a final waist (post wash and stretch out) of 34.5-35. I wear a 33 samurai 710xx, which is absolutely perfect all around.

Go with the 33. I am a 30 in the 710's and I got my 400T's in a 29. I did a cold soak only and they are a little snug in the rise and seat, with a future wash they may be too snug. They are starting to loosen up just fine but I feel I would have nailed it with a sz 30.

be careful with the hem. I went with my normal post-wash inseam of 29.5 which leaves me room for a cuff and they came back to me at a 30 before the pre-soak. I did a cold soak only for 30 min to minimize shrinkage and they came out at 29 which is cutting it too close. If I washed like I normally do they would be too short because I know they have another inch of shrinkage left. I talked with Lee about this but he can not give me a good reason as to why they ended up shorter than I asked for. 

Yikes. I just confirmed the measurements with Lee yesterday. I want a final length between 30.5-31".

We confirmed a hemmed length of 83cm (32.7") for final length of 78.5cm (30.9") with their 5.5% shrinkage calculation.

I'd be fine with up to 2" of shrinkage on them. From your guys experience is that realistic?

yes, that math sounds correct. In my case I wanted a 31.5 pre-wash hem and they came back at 30 so I have no room for shrinkage so I just did a cold soak. I am pretty much out of luck when I do a wash because they will end up at 28. I am an experienced buyer of Japanese denim and this is the first time this has happened since I know exactly what my desired hem is and that is leaving room for a cuff. I do believe you can count on 2 inches from everything I read. To be safe you may want to tell Lee 85cm.

• 2 weeks later...