UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

• 4 weeks later...

Some extra info...

I had a major crotch blowout in the very last week. They are now at a tailor that my denimhunters-collegue Matt Wilson pointed out to me. They will be done by next week Thursday and I will definitely post some updates afterwards because it still belongs to this thread.

As most of you know I got a Tumblr blog where I have uploaded a huge amount of photo's: fade project.tumblr.com click on Project #4 to see the UES photo's and enjoy :D

This last/final update is definitely not my best material and I feel a bit bad about that. But there is nothing much I can do about it at the moment though.  :(

Last but not least...

I must say that I really enjoyed this contest. It was my first but definitely not my last one. The group was kind and at some moments very fanatic. It was a pleasure guys and I hope to share more contests together! 

Edited by Somar

i'll post final pics this week as well.... late as with the holidays have come and gone, another holiday had arrived, girlfriend and i's anniversary.... i've been a bit busy and been slacking. find favor in me, i shall post soon enough

The contest is finally over and UES has created a voting site where the public can vote about the winner of the contest.

The voting will start on February 1st and ends on February 10th.

You can vote on this site where you also see all the pics of the contestants:

http://www.japaneseselvagejeans.com/rainbowcounty/denim_contest/denim_contest2014_vote.html

Yeah was pretty clear who was going to win. But have had some good luck recently Somar, with this hall of fade win, and I do remember you winning something else.

But look forward to seeing what you get out of this.

Thanks guys, well it's all about marketing now I guess. There are no judges in this, right?

I don't recal winning something else bradl... I bought a warehouse 800 for only €60 at Bread & Butter Berlin. That could be counted as a win hehe :D

By the way, we might have a new champion... b_F at the first place! b_F ftw? :D

(like we already wrote Flo:)

After seeing frank having 20 votes yesterday, I contacted some friends (as I then figured it isn't only about the fades but now about how good you can motivate the masses for you...). And one of my friends is working for a publicity agency. But I have to say I never expected that and I still hope Somar wins!

And if he won't win but I will, I'm going to send the prize to him as he really deserves the win the most (when we focus on fades and dedication to the jeans).

edit: if you don't mind Flo, I'll take my jeans back ;) just tell me what I owe you

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Hahaha so that's the case! :D

The only one I asked to vote for me was my wife hehe. The rest came from family, friends and fans who are keeping track of this contest I guess. I was actually hoping there would be a judge or judges... because I don't really want to put up a campaign for myself. 

This journey was just awesome and I did this with pleasure... so I would also accept the price with please b_F hahaha! :D 

But seriously... thanks for the kind words my friend :)

It seems that from the very start there were no mechanics on how to derive the winner (or was there somehow?)  If I were UES...the voting site will just be for shortlisting...get the top 3 then they judge by that.  Oh wait, I'm not even into this so just ignore me :D ..I'd like to see closeups of the winning pair though.

Sorry b_F...just wirte me your adress again and I'll send them out.

I still hope there are hundreds of japanese voters that judge. Not saying that the leaders don't deserve it. But numbers should be large enough so nobody can influence the winner on its own. But as I didn't expect UES to get the contest to a proper end anyway, it's still ok :)

Edited by Max Power