UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

• 4 weeks later...

How's everybody's pair doing? Did anyone have contact with Lee in the last months? As he didn't reply to my mails I stopped sending him Pictures, I think around May...would like to know, wether this contest is still running or not. Somar should get his decent award soon.

I switched back to my pair today - I must say, the colour and fading potential are really great. Strange how you often don't realize that by wearing the same pair everyday. But as I got bored of the new looking Samurais I brought out the UES - and am really impressed.

Would love to see more updates round here!

(cellphone pic)

2014_10_30_07_38_03_1.jpg

Edited by Max Power

I have still several pics of my activities from the last months but never found the motivation to upload them.

And same as you, since there wasn't a feedback from Lee I also stopped taking progress pics and stopepd sending him stuff.

The official page has only few contestants who posted more than 1 update. Most only have the start page

How do you guys find the rise on the 400T?

I'm looking for some denim with a mid/high rise but with some taper. I wonder if these would fit the bill.

My warehouse 800 have a good rise for me but find the 8.5" leg opening a touch too big.

Thanks Max. I find it ridiculously difficult to find jeans with a decent sized rise and thighs that doesn't have a massive leg opening!

I think I need a back rise of at least 15.5" and thighs around 12.75".

The 400T looks interesting but size 34 is currently out of stock at rivet and hide. I think the 33's would be a gamble as I like machine wash regularly.

Somar posted his size 33 measurements a while back. The rise is too small after the initial soak but might work once it has stretched. I've never known rises to stretch that much so I'm slightly cautious. The 3 month measurements look pretty much ideal for me.

Did the rise on your pair stretch out a fair bit?

These are my measurements for a size 33. You should be able to figure it out now:

After the first initial soak:

Waist: 16.6 inch

Front rise: 10.5 inch

Back rise: 14.5 inch

Upper thigh: 12.9 inch

Knee: 9.2 inch

Hem: 7.9 inch

Inseam: 33.5

A few days after the first soak I did another soak to get more shrink out and this was the result:

Waist: 16,6 (same)

Front rise: 10,5 (same)

Back rise: 14,5 (same)

Upper thigh: 12,6 (- 0.3'')

Knee: 9,1 (- 0.1'')

Hem: 7,65 (- 0,25'')

3 months and a few washes later the measurements were:

Waist: 17,5

Front rise: 10,7

Back rise: 15,7

Upper thigh: 12,7

Knee: 9,2

Hem: 7,8

Edited by Doogan

Nicely worn in Somar.  These are great jeans, I sadly had to ditch mine as they were slightly undersized and too uncomfortable to wear in the end, have another pair being hemmed now, top value now the yen has weakened further against the pound B)

Thanks guys! ''Grail status'' ... I sure like the sound of that. I will keep wearing till the end of december! (Don't want to jinx it just yet)

@Max: Not a problem at all mate! Here we go:

In the beginning they would get really dirty so I regularly went for a ''short wash'' at 40C and 1800 spins and here the calculator of my washing machine would say: 62 min (supposedly ''short'').

Sometimes, when they were dirty, but not that much I would choose a setting called ''Denim wash''. Same 40C and 1800 spins, but somehow this was only 29 minutes. 

After a 5/6 month I started to work some days with my dad at the site, helping him out with the dirty shores. My jeans would reach a whole new level of dirty (some pics on my Instagram). This is where I thought, let's try a 60C wash! I choose for a ''short wash'', 1800 spins at 60C and this would result in the same 62 minutes. If you look at my patch, it looks like beef jerky. All the 60C washes definitely haven an impact on the patch. There are a few very dry edges. I tried using vegetable oil to revive the leather, which helped a bit I think, but it also made my patch extremely dark and that was not really what I was looking for. I can hardly see the red writing anymore. Then I pocked the cracks out of the numbers, leaving a white surface and now you can see my number again  B)

This picture below is made with a flash. It was the best way to show the status of my patch at this stage.

tumblr_neu9kv8rig1rjezijo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Somar

Love 'em Somar. Now get yourself another pair of Warehouse and do the same thing.

Thanks Bobbo! I already started with the 800's :) ... Would be nice to see them fade the same way. We'll see :D

Somar Thanks for your great posts about your impressing faded jeans showing the power of denim evolution at its best

Oh, I thought you were selling them. Looking forward to your posts!

Yeahh, I thought about it because I really need the money at this moment. But now I'm wearing them again and I'm not so sure what to do haha. So unless somebody makes me an offer I can't refuse, I will keep wearing them :)