Waist-size:    33

Waist:           16.6 inch

Front rise:     10.5 inch
Back rise:     14.5 inch
Upper thigh: 12.9 inch
Knee:            9.2 inch

Hem:             7.9 inch

Inseam:         33.5

A few days after the first soak I did another soak to get more shrink out and this was the result:

Waist:            16,6 (same)
Front rise:     10,5 (same)

Back rise:      14,5 (same)

Upper thigh:  12,6 (- 0.3'')
Knee:             9,1 (- 0.1'')

Hem:              7,65 (- 0,25'')

Now, 3 months and a few washes later, here are the measurements again. Last soak was weeks ago, so they stretched a bit:

Waist:            17,5
Front rise:      10,7

Back rise:      15,7

Upper thigh:  12,7
Knee:             9,2

Hem:              7,8

My opinion:

This is my first pair of unsanforized Japanese denim and I am very pleased with this buy!!

The unsanforized fabric is so different. It's rough and soft at the same time. Breaking in, wasn't really breaking in because they were already very comfortable from the beginning. What I like most about my UES jeans, is that they are very comfortable: Deep and wide pocket bags, enough space around the thighs, a nice high front & back rise, perfect weight of denim not too heavy and not too light. I had to get used to the loose fit in the beginning, but not anymore! 

Small note: I would still like to try a size down to 32, to see how that would have worked out. If a 32 would also be very comfortable and have plenty room in the thigh, the esthetics could have worked more in my advantage.

There are also a few things that I agree upon with you guys that wrote a review before:

- It would be cool if they had hidden rivets.

- Same goed for selvedge inside the coin pocket. I have always liked this small detail (But no peek-a-boo selvedge, please! Just hidden).

- A red tab would be cooler, but because this is my first tab I don't mind it being white :).

- I totally agree on the Inside fly construction. I've checked my other pairs, they all have a cut in that corner to avoid that ''dot fade'' from happening.

- Something else that I haven't heard anybody say... The belt loops are XXL, I can easily fit a 5CM (1,95inch) wide / 0.25CM (0,1inch) thick belt + 3 fingers. Also, not all of them have the same size, some loops are even longer. Because of this, the belt loops kind off 'fold'. They could have been a tad sorter in my opinion.

- The button below my top button is always showing  bit. Somehow the part that covers the buttons gets pulled back. I have more than enough space in the waist and I have tried ironing it straight, but it didn't help. My guess would be that the button is placed too close to the outside? Maybe?

tumblr_n22y00DHvz1rjezijo2_1280.jpg

Last but not least: The color and how they fade. Just perfect!

tumblr_n3f3zeSbBt1rjezijo1_1280.jpg

^nice review! and also great fading pattern. I wholeheartedly agree with you the UES being very soft from the get go. Usually I prefer my denim rougher and more crunchy.

Now to my pics. 4 months of owning them, not worn every day of those 4 months. But I still call it my 4 months update.

13668742644_6b93cfeab9_z.jpg

13668419795_a6847f6cb4_z.jpg

13668432525_f9dd93e1cf_z.jpg

13668414595_e34b8ff81e_z.jpg

13668408045_5f7a760b62_z.jpg

13668440623_1f7103d08f_z.jpg

Blurry but...oh well

13668426515_6ca1170af6_z.jpg

a few friends of mine, my 400T and i were also hiking this weekend...we stayed at "Gurnigel, Switzerland", which is only a 30min. drive away from my front door. the "chalet" belongs to a farmer but the dad from one of my mates has it for rent during the winter months, so we sometimes go up there, just to chill, drink and have some fun times...

no running water, no electricity, no nothing...just mother nature and you! :)

some pics:

IMG_9256.jpg

IMG_9257.jpg

IMG_9258.jpg

IMG_9264.jpg

IMG_9267.jpg

IMG_9254.jpg

IMG_9269.jpg

IMG_9271.jpg

IMG_9272.jpg

Edited by ThinFinn

I spent the morning in my hometown, had a lot of coffee, beer and local food. Wonderful day. Yesterday was even nicer, my sister invited me to a japanese teppanayki restaurant. So we had four courses cooked on our table, with wonderful beef and a funny japanese cook. He mocked the other guests (that requested their sashimi to be grilled) and was throwing food through the room.

Have a nice weekend!

z7nli5A.jpg

lyI5Bti.jpg

y0jGbZb.jpg

18aqgPM.jpg

S2lOP8C.jpg

CD4dY4x.jpg

aDEjmjc.jpg

a3EYySM.jpg

RmPUuaJ.jpg

TTxwkWV.jpg

Edited by Max Power

great post flo...i always enjoy to see your guys daily living! thanks for sharing buddy.

soooooooo, here are the most recent fitpics from today. have worn them quite a bit the last few weeks/months so they're due for a real wash. just handing them into the washer as i type,,,sry for the crappy pics btw., hope i can shoot some better post wash pics once they're dry!

fitpics:

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

closer:

018.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

much closer:

010_2.jpg

Edited by ThinFinn

Great fades (also from the rubber boots?)! Good motivation at a point, where I was beginning to stray. How much shrinkage did you get in total? Did they shrink mucha fter the machine wash?

I took some pictures on the way to my grandma as well. Kurt dropped by before we left.

ih97r3L.jpg

YhQ7yvm.jpg

fJ93eBC.jpg

0OOvU71.jpg

pbUgw6N.jpg

WFawDfi.jpg

post 60c wash (2nd wash)...

to cont.

Hi ThinFinn, nice progress on the 400T, how would you compare it with your Joe McCoy 991XH in terms of the fit and denim texture?

I thought the fit of your 991XH was as good as a pair of jeans can be, but surprisingly you don't seem to wear it much?

great pics you two! thanks for sharing.

superb evo there rafa...how is the crotch holding up? Looks very worn omn the pics

thanks mate. the crotch is holding up pretty well to my surprise...the only thin point i can see is in the back, which comes from riding my bike pretty much. think i need to get that reinforced before it rips...

Hi ThinFinn, nice progress on the 400T, how would you compare it with your Joe McCoy 991XH in terms of the fit and denim texture?

I thought the fit of your 991XH was as good as a pair of jeans can be, but surprisingly you don't seem to wear it much?

thanks mate, the fits are quite similar tbh. the denim on the jmc's is a tad stiffer as the one on the ues, both are really nice though with great fading potential.

and yes, you got that right...since this is a contest i'm enjoying the ues a lot. the rmc's need a hem since i don't like to wear them cuffed which is a big issue for me and which leads for me wearing all my other denims than the rmc's...

Great fades (also from the rubber boots?)! Good motivation at a point, where I was beginning to stray. How much shrinkage did you get in total? Did they shrink mucha fter the machine wash?

hey flo, the shrinkage was quite minimal tbh. everything thightened up really nicely and i had no problems at all getting them on afterwards!