UES Official Contest 2014/1/1 - 2014/12/31

beautiful_FrEaK

Size 34 Long Version ordered for MaxPower:              check

Size 34 Normal Version ordered for beautiful_FrEaK:  check

It was the last long version in size 34 so I took the normal version (since Flo is a sissy when it comes ton inseam).

The normal version should start at 89cm and if it shrinks too much, I will pull the length back out :)

I asked Lee about the 400R.

"W34 raw: Waist 92cm Rise 28cm Leg opening 23.5cm

The waist will shrink 4-5cm and 1.5cm for the rise and leg opening after washed."

Promising... The rise is not as low as i thought first.

Can I just request that everyone maintains this level of enthusiasm once the contest actually starts?! I don't want to see 30 pre-contest pages of excited girlish gibber and then radio silence once we're under way. :-)

Devi's , I'm looking at you here ...

these are probably one of my more favorite pairs

fod17.jpg

Consequently they're the most frequently washed pair from the "Face of Denim" page on their site (worn 2 years, washed once every 2-3 months). I really want to join, but won't do a pair justice given the length of the contest. It would be interesting to see someone wash as often as I do though...

EDIT: LOL I'm slowly convincing myself to join...For anyone wondering about fits on the 400R, try the following:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/lea-rare/10000382/

http://www.j-fabled.com/special/review/400r/

If I do join, I'd be sizing up one on the 400R for a loose fit and washing often. I'll probably have to sell a pair in my stash first to justify another purchase though...

Edited by aho

Haha, it looks like you're about to give in Aho! Those Art Teacher jeans are some of my favourites from the catalogue that Lee sent out to us all a while back. So much character in both the denim and from the wearer's lifestyle like the paint stains.

The fit on the Lea + Rare link you posted is exactly what I want from my 400R. I will be taking a size 31 (TTS as it measures 78cm in the waist according to Bears).

To address Maynard's post up above, I aim to contribute regularly to the contest thread with plenty of lifestyle and environment photos from my new home in Hong Kong. I first started visiting Sufu regularly during the beginnings of the Eternal contest and tracked the Roy x Cone contest later on. Would love to see people updating like that again.