china :: hong kong :: general

hotboyx2

hi again,

i'm heading up to beijing next week so in need of a nice warm jacket.

don't want to spend a fortune as its just for travel and i'll probably thrash it.

wouldn't mind something atleast semi-trendy though.

where are my best bets? will check out zara/h&m but not quite sure they'll have what I'm looking for..

cheers..

get a basic Moncler, that never goes out of style. Junya Watanabe also did some stuff with them, not sure if those were on sale.

or...i think Number (N)ine had some decent corduroy and wool coat that were pretty thick and heavy and are on a decent discount, like 50% off. But you might find the stuff a bit too shabby/thrift store, i dunno.

i also saw a nice Balenciaga black 3/4 length coat, didnt check price or look too closely so i dont remember anything about it other than that description.

I'm going to Hong Kong on tuesday. I have a T-Mobile g1 which is unlocked and I can use it in Hong Kong. What are some suggestions on using my phone there and I've heard bad things about data plans there.

I'll only be there for about 12 days.

i usually just go to any cell phone shop and buy a prepaid minute card. its pretty cheap. like $100 will get you 400 minutes or something. whenever you need a refill, you just go to any 7-11.

yeah who cares

a lot of those arent necessarily mainlanders...the ballers will need not queue

probably just HK schoolkids/random bottom tier office workers wanting to splurge on a wallet or pocket pouch, or some other insignificant item for their equally insignificant other

haha yeah that sounds arrogant, fuck it that old Chinese dude in the Zooey Deschanel Complex mag was spot on when he answered "Who has wack style?" with "Hong Kong"

if people on here think the internetz, hypebeast, even ISS has wack style, clearly they have never spent an afternoon in TST, CWB or even CEntral. wick wick wickity wack

hk is populated with cornballs. thats my best way to describe it. sad cause its not like hk doesnt have plenty of brands and choices to offer people. not as much as tokyo, but much better than arkansas or something.

i couldnt believe how many girls wear those knee high boots. cantonese ppl are by majority short and stubby, those boots do not help at all. also more boots with the fur than on UT campus.

hk is populated with cornballs. thats my best way to describe it. sad cause its not like hk doesnt have plenty of brands and choices to offer people. not as much as tokyo, but much better than arkansas or something.

i couldnt believe how many girls wear those knee high boots. cantonese ppl are by majority short and stubby, those boots do not help at all. also more boots with the fur than on UT campus.

yeah man. the dress sense among local girls aged 18-25 is pretty bad.

• 4 weeks later...

the whole HK female youth demographic is fucked up

expected when you look at their role "models"...pick up any issue of FACE mag or any of those other tabloids, jesus christ they all look shit not an ounce of style or personality just golddigging and pseudo-lesbianism. Miley Cyrus got more edge than those skeezers

never even heard of it. name like that im willing to bet its located in Tsim Sha Tsui, or even more likely, Mong Kok. If you are a foreigner and don't have local or at least local "international school" friends bringing you out, wouldn't suggest you venture to those places after dark.

then again as mentioned, i am totally out of the loop.

Found some club called Cyber that supposedly plays techno and electro.

Do you know anything about it?

I'm pretty sure the Cyber you are referring to has closed down.

Sketchy-ass disco on Nathan Road right across the street from Park Lane (I think) and beside Miraramar Shopping Center.

Causeway = local

TST with more foreigners = Knutsford Terrace

TST more local = Canavaron Road/Bo Lat Hong

Central with more foreigners = Lan Kwai Fong

Central with lounges/more chilled = Soho/Mid Levels

My friend actually showed me an African bar called Makumba with live music, kind of cool. Doesn't feel like HK at all haha

nathan road ahahah...my guess was spot on. Hey remember that place, i think the name was "Hot Disco" at New World Centre in TST that got shut down because of severe ketamine/ecstasy problems with the crowd. Underage wrist scar central, kowloon is too fucking hood.

Knutsford Terrace is where I ended up goin with tg76 for cocktails. that place is cheesy as fuck, feels like an even more geriatric version of Wan Chai as far as patrons go.

Lan Kwai Fong is dead as fuck. Always some action on the weekends but it feels like the previous MK/TST 17-22 crowd has migrated there. If you are a fan of the areas you mentioned, horriblyjollyjinx, afraid you are not going to find anything that eclectic or interesting.

I suggest going to the bars around Jordan if you want some cheap rounds of heiny and just gonna shoot the shit with the boys. It's still a pretty sketchy area, but if you keep to yourself you should be fine, the bars are all on street level.