NoKipple - Official Thread

Megatron1505

It's true, I have nothing but admiration for Indonesian, Singaporean and Malaysian denim enthusiasts, if I live permanently in their climate I would probably have found a different interest.

after picking up the tour pair from the post office, I went home and took of the Roys i've been living in and filed em:

IMG_5132_zps3c3cfb78.jpg

Ok, obviously a joke... they went to the closet though which was a bit painful but that was softened by how incredible the Dirt Denim fit. A bit tight in the waist but the loose weave has plenty of give. The denim is so soft and loose weave, has that comfortable sweatpants type of hand. I think I lucked out with my place in the rotation because these things are at a beautiful place with the grainy whit peeking through and lots of vertical charecter. I have never owned a pair of PBJ and don't know how these stack up but the texture reminds me of what I have seen posted here on some of the better looking PBJ stuff. If it was my pair id hem em a bit but ill have to learn to live with cuffs for the month. Sorry for the awful fit pics, hope the wife can help me get some better ones soon.

IMG_5113_zps45bfc58a.jpg

IMG_5116_zps7e607634.jpg

IMG_5123_zps3124152e.jpg

Next I ran out back and clipped two cucumbers from my garden because one was getting way past ripe. I threw em on ice so I could try my hand at pickling later that night.

IMG_5109_zpse91496a2.jpg

IMG_5112_zps17e01862.jpg

Then I headed down to my local Bottle Shop http://beercraft.com/'>Beercraft for their 2 year birthday celebration.

IMG_5133_zps88a66ef7.jpg

The taproom in the back which is normally pretty sleepy on a weeknight was packed, and the backyard was packed as well.

IMG_5134_zps8f5526ff.jpg

The board was INSANE and I promised myself to only try three but... well...

IMG_5139_zps06f50d5f.jpg

Started with a 12oz pour of Evil Twins Imperial Stout "Even More Jesus"

IMG_5135_zps53c0e4ae.jpg

Then jumped over to Sours and had a 5oz "Grainstas Paradise" from The Rare Barrel

IMG_5140_zps029e951d.jpg

Followed that up with a "Tart of Darkness" from The Bruery

IMG_5141_zps6f0d937d.jpg

Then I was going to have a pumpkin sour but the owner talked me into trying the Peanut Butter milk stout. Was expecting pure gimmick but I got to admit it was pretty balanced and tasty! My phone died before I could get a pic of this pour but here is a kind of crappy pic of the tour pair at the bar

IMG_5143_zps8b0fc51c.jpg

IMG_5144_zps98ff035d.jpg

So, got home and charged my phone a bit. Couldn't leave Beercraft empty handed so I picked up this beast for the cellar.

IMG_5145_zps9c7931f5.jpg

Threw on Thin LIzzy, poured myself a Clown Shoes IPA and got started pickling!

IMG_5147_zps2041ffba.jpg

IMG_5149_zps559e7eba.jpg

IMG_5152_zps600c650d.jpg

Thin Lizzy lp ended so I threw on the Blasfemia reissue I finally picked up. Degenerate Columbian black death metal that sounds like it could fall apart at any minute. Great record!

IMG_5153_zps2415d14d.jpg

So, this is my first year with enough yard to do a garden and also my first time ever trying to pickle. Decided to do fridge pickles and not bother with processing as I plan to eay em up pretty quick and I wanted them to be as crispy as possible. My garlic which I thought was still good was actually sprouted so I substituted for garlic powder. Not a very controlled experiment but oh well, hopefully they turn out ok.

IMG_5155_zps430702d6.jpg

IMG_5156_zps6d618c7e.jpg

IMG_5157_zps9aff34a6.jpg

IMG_5159_zpsa78d0211.jpg

..and with that I had to race off to bed!

Sorry about the lack of pics of the denim... my wife was out at the Beyonce/Jay Z concert and I was left with my near dead iPhone, but I figured id share my adventure cause it was a great day. Next update will have more close ups, measurements etc...

Since yesterdays update didn't get posted til today I got back to back updates for y'all. Going forward, i'll try to keep it to one a day...

Had to work today. Wore the dirt denim but i'll spare everyone the wild pictures of me sitting at a computer all day.

After work I stopped to play with one of my best friends... 

Marlowe:

IMG_5206_zps646b789b.jpg

Marlowe is a 7 month old Boston Terrier and we are inseparable. Since I work in a dog friendly office he is able to sit under my desk all day. Two or three days a week we stop at a great dog park on the way home so that he can run with other dogs, play ball, etc....

Marlowe mad a few friends and they wrestled. All three dogs were under 9 months old so it was a high energy romp.

IMG_5170_zps8dbef484.jpg

IMG_5173_zps899ca6dd.jpg

IMG_5166_zps0d75491e.jpg

Marlowes friends left and we played some ball. Also wearing my Strike Gold indigo crew neck which I think is coming along quite nicely...

IMG_5179_zps6cf9ec49.jpg

IMG_5186_zps61ca7718.jpg

IMG_5194_zpsaef7c310.jpg

IMG_5214_zps3bfbf245.jpg

IMG_5197_zps2a8936a4.jpg

IMG_5191_zpsfbfaa091.jpg

Play time was now over so I grabbed Marlowe to head home

IMG_5224_zpsae6da3e8.jpg

Threw together a salad and it didn't look to hot so no pictures.

Then I pulled of the Dirt Denim to take some measurements and snapped a few pictures while I was at it. First off, here are current B.i.G measurements for the tagged 34 Trophy 1605 Dirt Denim:

Waist: 36"

Front Rise: 11"

Back Rise: 15.75"

Thigh: 12.75"

Knee: 9.5"

Hem: 8.75"

Inseam: 32"

And here are the pics:

IMG_5237_zpsa6fd6e71.jpg

IMG_5232_zps1e626a50.jpg

IMG_5233_zpsb95a5260.jpg

I love the puckering on the lower half of the pockets from the lining pulling against the denim shrinking

IMG_5235_zpse05a409f.jpg

IMG_5238_zps8fdceedd.jpg

IMG_5239_zps9d4461c1.jpg

IMG_5240_zps6fec6d21.jpg

Decided to finish my night like I normally do, with a drink and some music. 

Poured myself a Ballast Point sculpin IPA

IMG_5243_zps055e5e24.jpg

and listened to some Industrial tapes. One is a Nurse With Wound/Hafler Trio collab... classic absurdist sound collage with raw source material from NWW processed by Andrew Hafler Trio. Other tape is a compilation tape called "Slutstationen" released on Swedish label Styggelse. An impressive roster with classic groups like Brighter Death Now, mysterious Swedish projects like Manaic Cop and heavy hitting new comers like Theta. A few dud tracks like Puce Mary but all and all, a very impressive effort!

IMG_5246_zps7e757dac.jpg

Tomorrow is friday and i've got some exciting plans after work. See you all then...

I work for a large bottling plant that mainly deals with Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar, but also some things like mustards, honeys, etc. We do a lot of private labels for companies so if you buy a store brand oil or vinegar, odds are it came from us. Obviously our bottling facility is no-pets allowed but our offices are a separate building and there are three people here who bring their dogs in regularly. Next week is my last week of full time though, then I have to cut back to 2 days a week because i'm going back to school.

Here is Marlowe, sitting under my desk. (Contest pair shown as well, gotta stay somewhat on topic here...!) He has to wear the cone when I can't keep a close eye on him, because he has a bug bite behind his ear which has been scratched raw.... :( 

IMG_5257_zps4b97ec8f.jpg

Quoting Marlowe too 'cos he is fricking awesome.

Since yesterdays update didn't get posted til today I got back to back updates for y'all. Going forward, i'll try to keep it to one a day...

Had to work today. Wore the dirt denim but i'll spare everyone the wild pictures of me sitting at a computer all day.

After work I stopped to play with one of my best friends... 

Marlowe:

IMG_5206_zps646b789b.jpg

The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

A lot of my "exciting plans" didn't come to fruition and my documentation of the evening is a bit shabby but here is what I have for you.

Did inventory at work. There is a strict "no cell phones" policy in the warehouse (for reasons of safety and privacy) but I snuck this one HORRIBLE pic in the back corner. Behind the blurry dirt denim you can see a 275 gallon forklift tote of olive oil.

IMG_5259_zps3e65d1c9.jpg

Then I got off work with the intention of picking up my organic samurai 710 and some records that were delivered from Japan... but the traffic was so awful I didnt make it to the post office before closing  :angry:

But on with the night... my childhood friend just opened a bar in Petaluma called Jamisons Roaring Donkey.

IMG_5262_zps8ea57474.jpg

Their list is strong and it's only going to get better.

Started with a henhouse Saison

IMG_5264_zps14712af3.jpg

Then had a sculpin

IMG_5267_zpsc0ffd19a.jpg

Then tried some 101 North Naughty Aud imperial stout

IMG_5268_zps55d9157e.jpg

After this the 101 North rep showed up and gave us three sample 22s of Heroine IPA and I quickly drank one... too quickly... no pic there....

...and here is where the night starts to fall apart...

wandered over to Petaluma market to buy a few special bottles cause I guess i'm the kind of guy that likes to bring sand to the beach. 

IMG_5282_zps63aa8bec.jpg

Picked up a boulevard saison-brett and a Clown Shoes "space cake" DIPA and headed back to the spot

IMG_5293_zps9d14a489.jpg

I also had a 6 pack of "Bikini Beer" and 4 bottles of "Ryan and the Beaster Bunny" (both from Evil Twin) so I grabbed those out of my car and headed back to the bar.

My friend was a bit miffed about me trying to bring bottles in, just because he didn't want other customers thinking its ok so I was banished to the office to drink my naughty imports. Well... I drank through the ENTIRE bag of beers(!) but as I was documenting it my friend came in and was a bit worried about me taking pictures and was not too happy when I explained it was documentation for the internet so I was instructed that no pictures which showed the contents of the office could be shared.... :(

so all the pics of the jeans are out I guess but here we are pouring the Saison 

IMG_5298_zps6fc33b08.jpg

and a bit of my Flathead type 2 cuff

IMG_5302_zps1e4f0d69.jpg

and I guess this blurry pic kind of sums up the rest of my night...

IMG_5305_zps92af40f1.jpg

and from there it was just SCENE MISSING until a woke up at 7am with a splitting headache. I recall certain weird things like getting a bit to friendly with a stranger who was wearing a t-shirt from a band I like, or interrupting two gals talking about their dog to profess my undying devotion to Marlowe. :blush:

At some point my wife drove down to the bar and got me out of there. Im a fool but I NEVER drive drunk. 

also... I woke up in the tour jeans... I guess my wife wanted me to feel the full impact of my decisions. She seems a bit irritated this morning, and I don't blame her... but it was a special occasion!

Supposed to work in the yard today but I cant even imagine getting out of bed. 

...and I gotta head down to the bar to apologize and pick up my credit card/settle my tab.

Well, I finally did make it out of bed yesterday. The morning didn't have a nice start though... Marlowe made it downstairs unattended and My RedWings had to pay the price. He doesn't normally eat things he isn't supposed to, perhaps my wife put him up to it...

IMG_5306_zps13d042de.jpg

Oh well... I forgave him right away. I love my clothes but it's only stuff. I should have put them up higher it seams.

Grabbed a quick shower, pulled on the dirt denim and started my day.

Headed down to the Grab-and-Grow in order to pick up some compost to use as a soil conditioner in the yard. I love this place. We headed into the office to look at samples and get some advice.

IMG_5310_zpsddc7eda2.jpg98aca669-b859-4494-bd83-1aff7798c141_zps

And we decided to get the Organic Vineyard mix, an absolute steal at $25 for a cubic yard. After you pay they drive right up to your truck and just dump it right in. Whole thing takes less than five minutes.

IMG_5315_zpsff781832.jpg

We live in an ideal climate for gardening, but our soil is a nightmare. Clay soil, it's like working in cement. First I have to break it up with a pick

IMG_5321_zps8d86cf47.jpg

Then fill a bucket w/ compost

IMG_5347_zps6c393883.jpg

spread it out and then turn it with a shovel:

IMG_5336_zpsd596d144.jpg

This compost is amazing stuff. I use their stuff in my veg garden as well and it's like rocket fuel. They bag it up too and their mango mulch sells in stores for $10 a sq foot so I am really lucky to be able to pick it up by the truck load for 1/5th the price. Great color, great smell.

IMG_5331_zpse28e548b.jpg

After that we dropped in some plants we has picked up a few days earlier at Annies Annuals out in Richmond. I think it turned out nice.

IMG_5379_zps70bc0a80.jpg

The whole project only took about 3 hours but since I was a bit spent from the night before that was all I could do. Time to knock off... sit on the front porch and admire the work.

IMG_5351_zps3f274a3e.jpg

After this I cleaned up, grabbed my second shower of the day (something about being hungover makes me want to shower repeatedly. I've been known to take up to 3-4 on really bad days...) and headed back down to Petaluma, first stop was the Roaring Donkey so that I could settle my tab and endure a bit of teasing. 

IMG_5381_zps1805f983.jpg

Then we headed across the street to Cafe Zazzle where I got a chicken salad for dinner. Not bad...

IMG_5382_zps1fa3c908.jpg

After dinner we decided to walk around downtown a bit. Here on the West Coast we dont have as much history as much of Europe or even the East Coast... but Petaluma is a nice contender with a history going back to mid 1800s. The downtown area we were in has many buildings over 100 years old, and nice cobble stone alleys running between. My wife and I hope to buy a home here one day, but it just keeps getting more and more expensive.

IMG_5387_zps571d9f9d.jpg

IMG_5391_zps4137f8a2.jpg

659f8894-92b8-4aee-a0d0-a811a59a7023_zps

We always struggle when we walk past Lalas, me particularly as I seam to be slowly outgrowing many of my precious jeans, but tonight we couldn't resist the draw,

IMG_5397_zpsa3456c92.jpg

The have amazing home made icecream here. I got the Honey Lavender flavor, my wife got Cookie Dough...

IMG_5399_zpsd92c4cf2.jpg

Finally back at home my normal evening ritual. Some music... tonight was playing a lot of my black and death metal singles...

IMG_5403_zpsb8cbeb4c.jpg

And a drink of course. Only one of my "Ryan and the Beaster Bunny" farmhouse ales had survived the night before... but its gone now!

IMG_5407_zps05e41bbb.jpg

After listening through my pile of singles I settled in on the couch to try to watch the second Hobbit film but I fell asleep within an hour. I'll get around to it at some point...

Next update will feature my favorite breakfast joint and a country music legend. See you then...!

Edited by ColdStorage

^lagunitas is GREAT and I love that they're dog friendly. I'm sure an update this month will include me and Marlowe sitting on the patio... (Me sipping a daytime and him with his waterbowl) since I'm there 2-3 times a month.

Between Lagunitas, taps, roaring donkey, beercraft, Russian river brew co, and the whole foods taproom (not to mention all the killer bottles at local markets) I feel like I'm one of the luckiest beer lovers in the world.

Edited by ColdStorage

^one of my first and oldest contacts within blackmetal (15+ years now) is Midgaars from boersk blek metle lunatics Lugubrum and he has been trying to tempt me for ages but sadly I have not been able to make it work. I do hope to make it over at some point! But speaking of Belgium, I do think Paragon Impure, specifically on the two paniac EPs posted in my pic above, remain the greatest triumph of Belgian blackmetal and a top band for the otherwise bleak 00's era.

I don't really know Bolzer though I see they are on my friend Patricks label, I should check it out I guess. About Mutiilation... well... I suppose I should do a tour of my record room in an update soon...

But for now catching up on yesterday! Wore the dirt denim all day of course.

Started with my favorite breakfast place, the Midtown Cafe in Santa Rosa. A great restaurant because they do a very good Benedict using fresh sourdough, roasted tomato, spinach etc...

IMG_5424_zps4c3e8397.jpg

...and because they are dog friendly:

IMG_5416_zps01d7e1f6.jpg

IMG_5418_zps81157741.jpg

finished up breakfast and stopped for a car wash. Normally Marlowe just falls right asleep in a car but the carwash always puts him on edge...

IMG_5433_zpse8113097.jpg

IMG_5435_zps0e8d3d50.jpg

Right outside the carwash is an interesting sculpture, a 100,000 lb base supports a 65 foot obelisk made from recycled bike parts. My pictures kind of stink though...

IMG_5441_zpsd097894e.jpg

IMG_5437_zps290b0ed9.jpg

Finally done with errands I went home to finish the compost project out front and tune up the garden a bit...

IMG_5446_zps418741bd.jpg

carrots are going frustratingly slow...

IMG_5448_zps79384c04.jpg

After I was done with yardwork, decided to have a mid day treat. The Evil Twin "Bikini Beer" is pretty silly at 2.7% abv.. the whole "session IPA" thing is getting a bit out of hand, but I suppose its a good way to taste some hops without slowing down for the rest of your day.

IMG_5452_zps97ac9527.jpg