Red Wing #2268 PT91

Hand-riveted reinforcement

tumblr_mxk0fzWAoS1t14nbjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxk0fzWAoS1t14nbjo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxk0fzWAoS1t14nbjo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mxk0fzWAoS1t14nbjo4_1280.jpg

Hand-riveted by a friend of mine, who is a leather craftsman. OK, I admit it is more like a aesthetic reason than practical purpose to rivet the boots, but, it makes me feel better when I put on the boots ;)    

I guess thinker0217 will appreciate this picture of some vintage boots...

$(KGrHqRHJCYFITnKkRFFBSKRYlOFuQ~~60_57.j

501XX4ever,

Thanks for sharing; those are bad asses!! 

I can't tolerate the mold on the boots, which makes me want to clean the boots for you...

I'll share my another pair 50's vintage engineer boots later :-)

501XX4ever,

Thanks for sharing; those are bad asses!! 

I can't tolerate the mold on the boots, which makes me want to clean the boots for you...

I'll share my another pair 50's vintage engineer boots later :-)

They're not actually mine, I just found the photo on a blog and remembered you posted a picture of a similar pair. I'm not really a boot nut, but I really enjoy your posts.

Do you offer a resole service? I would be interested to see what you could do with my knackered old Whites Oxfords.

Funnily enough I was wondering if he did too...

Yes, I offer the resole service as long as you don't mind the high international shipping cost. 

Please contact me at: [email protected] if you need any info. 

I'll update a price list on my website for shoe-repair in the near future.  

Edited by thinker0217

Any ideas how long these new soles last? Say wearing em four days a week on average?

The rubber compound of these cork sole is nitrile rubber, which is more long-lasting and durable than other synthetic rubber compounds. These boots have been worn more than 20 times since they were resoled, and the patterns on the sole are still unworn and clear. So, I am very confident in the durability of these cork sole. 

Hello everybody. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a happy New year.

Here is a resole I did recently. I cut these Military Jumpboots to 7 eyelets and added a heavy duty pull tab. Enjoy.

D5A07A39-C6AB-468F-9BD8-8F1D8F20A99E_zps

BB8CD1ED-73FA-4D96-A8BB-428D0852FFDF_zps

Edited by BrianTheBootmaker

These engineer boots had a nailed down construction. I made these boots to a welt construction. These are the before pictures.

5396D4D0-3C50-4DE7-93A6-FB87A84A6C15_zps

B5F41D6B-775D-416E-93BC-DFFA032CD8AC_zps

1ABB61A4-2B3E-447F-84D6-47338D5DABEB_zps

These engineer boots had a nailed down construction. I made these boots to a welt construction. These are the before pictures.

5396D4D0-3C50-4DE7-93A6-FB87A84A6C15_zps

B5F41D6B-775D-416E-93BC-DFFA032CD8AC_zps

1ABB61A4-2B3E-447F-84D6-47338D5DABEB_zps

Hi Brian,

Did you replace the original leather insole, or channel the original insole?

Amazing job!!

Edited by thinker0217

Hi Brian, Did you replace the original leather insole, or channel the original insole?Amazing job!!

Thank you. I put a new leather footbed and hand welted keeping the original shape of the boot. The original footbed was brittle and dried out.

254D9B9C-BE25-4643-B577-D550E94DDF70_zps

Hi Brian,Sorry, could I ask - do you mean you cut the holdfast from the new insole for hand stitching the welt?  Great instagram too, by the way. I like your tagline.

Thank you! And yes when I replaced the footbed I open the edge of the footbed so I could hand welt the upper to the footbed.

This is what the footbed looks like. I don't glue a synthetic strip of material like every boot that goes through an assembly line because overtime the synthetic will detach from the footbed. Opening the edge of the footbed is the most original way to welt shoe/boot.

7B2A5DA1-2F2C-4361-9027-AFBAB680DD29_zps

Happy News Year to all!

Happy New Year to you Brian.. Thanks for the reply. That's impressive work, very useful having a few appropriate lasts available no doubt! Must be using a good insole leather there, presumably 9 iron or so?  I'm with you over the glued ribbing issue, although I understand the reason for it in volume production.

Yes it's about 7/8 irons.

This customer wanted to make his Chippewa engineer boots flat toe.

Majority of shoe/boot companies converted to cardboard so they have to use ribbing. Most believe they have a leather footbed but they mistake it for the leather insole covering the footbed.

Every boot/shoe that comes from Los Angeles has a cardboard foot bed. I have yet to see a leather footbed except when I take apart very old engineer boots for resole. I will change all that when I am ready to release Role Club Engineer Boots.

This sounds very interesting, tell us more please.

The engineer boots I am working on will me made with Horween horsehide with solid brass roller buckles. They are handmade by me. I am a bootmaker from Los Angeles, and I have been waiting to release these engineer boots since I began making boots. My mentor told me if I can make a boot I can make anything, and he was right. I perfected my craft to the point where I can make any type of shoes/boots, but my passion is boot making. I am ready to introduce to the world my boot company "Role Club." If you appreciate the role of quality goods I know you will appreciate the boots I will be releasing. I have resoled and deconstructed so many vintage engineer boots, I believe it has helped me produce the holy grail of all engineer boots.