diniro got robbed

diniro

if she had formatted the hardrive, would it have wiped the program as well?

according to prey:

We encourage to add a BIOS password and disable booting from removable devices on PC's, so that the thief will be forced to boot into the previous installation and thus, not be able to format your hard disk easily.

If you have a Mac, there’s a firmware password utility on your Mac OS installation DVD. You can find it in in Applications/Utilities on the disc.

I think you're in a good spot, and doing a good job of gathering info. Keep pushing the police, you're gonna have to do pretty much all the legwork, don't expect any help from them until you can hand over a complete package that makes an arrest really easy. At the very worst you can amass tons of personal info and pics, hopefully deeply humiliating ones, and send it to them letting them know if they return everything in a cool way you won't put it all out there. If they don't return anything I vote to give us their names and info and I'm sure we'll all collectively do a great job of making their lives miserable.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I just installed the program on my phone and MBP right now. 

It was pretty easy to install and activate.

How to enable firmware password in OSX (via CNET):

http://goo.gl/gsfkZ

I've turned on filevault, disk password, time capsule encryption, and firmware password

Edited by herpsky

I initially wanted to get directly involved and contact her friends and family but I wonder if they or her even give a shit

lmao, they would not, this woman(?) is scum....scum have no shame.

Edited by boi