• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Portishead/doom/goth/.../...?? just saw these guys recently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEj09BkNCc8

If you haven't yet heard Ash Borer..

Self Titled full album

Edited by rockon99

Not metal, but metal related. I wish weedeater would put out more of these gems. fuckkkkk this has been my jam for a hot minute now. One of my favorite personal records in total though.

For those interested, Dixie Dave (weedeater) has a side project of more shit like this.

Edited by Kale Kohai

Use soulseek. Definitely get "Erode the Person", it's their magnum opus

EDIT: also looking for recommendations for stuff like nails/balaclava/cursed? Kinda sludgy hardcore stuff?

So like the more sludge-oriented powerviolence?

http://rateyourmusic.com/customchart?genres=powerviolence

^ Great album, some sludgier moments on there might be what you're looking for

Edited by Saturdaynight Big Nukeman

Really liking Infest. I got that album as well as "Slave," I like the songs a bit better on Slave but I like the production quality on No Man's Slave. Super new to this, so not really used to lo-fi stuff. The lyrics are also pretty fantastic, "I've grown cold inside and I don't give a shit anymore," "Upright mass of piss and shit, smile when the bullet hits," from No Man's Slave, "Every show, same old thing, do you pay attention to what we sing?" "It's hard to explain the way I feel, can't jeopardize my macho sex appeal," from Slave. I love a lot of their message.

The rateyourmusic link is great also. So far I've only checked our Charles Bronson and Dropdead (from that list) but I'm really into it.

Thanks!

picked up the guitar after a few years of not playing, relearning the first two faceless albums for old times sake. anyone have any recommendations for similar bands? or anything else that's fun to play?

never really listened to much metal outside of the faceless 

Edited by alexthephallus

Regardless of it being a month old its still their new record, which is where I was coming from. Im really liking the album too, Im feeling it more than the last one.

Point taken about Pitchfork. Not sure why I linked PF as I rarely read the site, bit lazy on my part.

• 3 weeks later...

can a mod please edit the fucking title and remove that retarded metal face emoji guy

also, cool new death metal band:

https://soundcloud.com/blutige-magie/gath-smane-capillaries-of-augury