Good cheap hotels in Harajuku

sleep_oner

stay at the co-op inn, it's cheap it has computers you can use or if you bring you own you can connect from your room its a short jaunt from harajuku station (the only drawback is that they lock the doors at 2 AM, i don't know if you've been to tokyo before, but most things are over early, the trains stop running pretty early too, and cabs are hecka expensive). i also like sakura fleur aoyama, it's also cheap and breakfast is included. its close to shibuya station, but there isn't much around the hotel.

this is a good link to book your hotel through, it offers cheap rates, and you can reserve online and pay when you arrive with cash or cc.

http://epublishing.nademoya.biz/japan/hotels_in_tokyo.php

K.A.T.U.N.G.A.S

Edited by judge on Feb 26, 2005 at 07:36 AM

I think the best place to stay is the Tokyu Stay hotel in Shibuya.

It is right in the center of the city so are right next to Shibuya station and you can easily walk to Harajuku, Aoyoma (Bape, prada, undercover etc.) and daikayama (Supreme, Silas, Footpatrol etc.). Its cheap and the rooms have little kitchens and washer and dryers in each room. Also there is a Grocery store right accross the street so you can eat/snack really cheap if you want. All the rooms usually have balconies as well.

Another good thing about it is that it doesn't close. You can get in 24hrs. Sometimes there isnt a ton going on at night but you can definitely find yourself out until the wee hours without much trouble.

Here is the link for reservations: http://www.tokyustay.co.jp/e/hotel/SIB/tariff.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hey man, when I went there, there was this bed good for two people. And someone could definitely sleep on the floor if you have like 3 people with you. There's space for sure. There's no couch. This place is about 10 min walk (depending how fast you walk) from JR train station. There're many convenient stores around as well, and a huge shopping area (Yodobashi Electronics & OIOI Marui City) near JR station as well as Cinnecita or something. I certainly recommend you to stay there for it's value. You just have to figure out how to get there the first time around.

i am planning on going to tokyo in june

i am def. staying at the shibuya-minamiguchi in shibuya.

lots of amenities and cheap.

the only thing i cant figure out is how i get to that hotel from the JR Limousine bus stops in shibuya(cerulean hotel, and shibuya excel hotel)

anyone know? or have any decent maps including those hotels?

Yo, stay at Hotel Excellent in Ebisu. It will cost around 50 bones per person, per night but well worth it. If you arent familiar with the area let me explain briefly. Ebisu is one JR stop south of Shibuya. Much more chill than Shibuya and closer to the better shops, graff, and clubs. The hotel is literally one block from the station. If you walk back towards Shibuya JR station you are walking along a route that many, many world famous graff artists and street artists have decided to leave their marks. Names like Twist, Bigfoot, Hv8weights, Neckface, Doze, Jest and more. Daikayama is just up the hill a bit which houses Foot Soldier, Evisu and more.

You can look the hotel up online and get a phone number for reservations. I don't believe they have a website. Oh, this is the hotel a lot of artists stay at too so you never know who might be in town at the same time.

if you are staying at tokyu stay shin minamiguchi, it is right around the corner from cerulean, same side of the street. go under the bridge and in between the two train tracks there is a street next to the noodle shop.

coming from cerulean you would make a right, go up the steps and go toward the end of that street and it's on the left hand side. really easy to find. there is another tokyu stay in shibuya just past the vestax store... I went back and forth between the two my last trip. also I must say Cerulean is much nicer than Shibuya Excel. I've stayed at both. although experiencing a slight earthquake in either sucks balls....

Unless you really, really need to stay in Harajuku, I would choose to stay somewhere else on the JR Yamanote line. It is potentially a lot more cost effective, and no matter what you're only a short and simple train ride away from any of the major shopping stops, with the notable exception of Daikanyama.

u n i v e r s a l m a t e r i a l i s t