Heavyweight Boots Championships 2013 - 2015

Megatron1505

Kyle has been great to deal with. He's promptly answered my multiple emails, addressed any questions I've had, and made actual changes to their website (before he even wrote back to me). I've made one purchase from Baker's in the past. Two years ago they sold me a pair of Alden 403s at a great price.(those boots are still going strong) At the time, I received the same prompt answers to my questions, because back then spending $300+ on a pair of boots was (and still is) a big deal.

I've dealt with a lot of different companies, in many different industries ranging from high end technical clothing, backpacking hammocks, to custom knife makers and firearms manufacturers. A few of those customer service experiences were great, most were good, and some were bad to horrible.

I can say without a doubt the service I've received from Baker's, both prior to, and after a sale, has been nothing but top-notch. I won't hesitate to give them my business in the future, even if they can't use whichever material I requested.(especially if it isn't one listed as available for a particular boot)

I just wanted to take the time to relay my positive experience with Baker's, and do so before I get called a "fanboy" or something similar due to my previous post. I have nothing to gain from posting this.

I want to enjoy this competition, see what everyone comes up with, both custom BHs, and other boot choices, and how they wear-in over the next 24 months, not read a thread full of cyber-drama, and incessant whining. So I truly hope the former by far outnumbers the latter as this thread/comp. progresses.

HV

Bbcapone-

I thought from your useage of "they" in your first post, that you were speaking of both Baker's, and White's...and by saying "fuck them" I thought the same. (I, as most people, aren't familiar with the way you speak, or how to infer inflection via typed posts on the Internet.)

My previous post was written while you were posting yours. My experience only has been with Baker's. I can't speak of White's CS, as I haven't dealt with them.

I hope you get the boot you really want, and they serve you well over the next two years.

I wish you the best of luck.

And, seriously, I wasn't knocking you.

+1 man

good luck on the contest. I dont think Ill bein it unless I find some bh for a great price but Ill definetly be keeping an eye on the thread.

Also pm me if you wanna talk custom knives.

edit- friended you voltage B)

Edited by bbcapone

^With your evident anger issues, resentfull attitude, love of weopons, and tendancy to fly off the handle, I do hope that you dont live anywhere near your old high school. :)

We just squashed this, please stop instigating

Guys, just to let you know that Kyle is currently not very well, so he's going to be out of the game for a couple of days. Throw any questions my way if you like and I will answer them if I can.

Guys, just to let you know that Kyle is currently not very well, so he's going to be out of the game for a couple of days. Throw any questions my way if you like and I will answer them if I can.

If you are in contact with him, wish him well from me. As I'm just getting over my ailment, I know full well being sick sucks. I hope he's back to 100% in no time!

while i'd love to avail myself of the 10% discount, it would be poor form to join knowing that i have no chance to win ... no chance because i prefer not to wear boots in the heat of summer ... i work in an office setting ... and already have 3 other pairs of boots in rotation

Just a word of caution regarding the White's classic and distressed smooth leathers; while durable and tough wearing, these leathers are aesthetically underwhelming. At least that seemed to be fresco's opinion with the brown, and my opinion with the distressed. Compared to CXL, the leather lacks character, sheen, and depth of colour.

I believe these leathers are meant to cater to the dedicated workboot crowd (e.g. firefighters, mechanics, etc.) who require something durable to take a a thrashing, rather than the "shoes that look better with age" crowd.

Just a word of caution regarding the White's classic and distressed smooth leathers; while durable and tough wearing, these leathers are aesthetically underwhelming. At least that seemed to be fresco's opinion with the brown, and my opinion with the distressed. Compared to CXL, the leather lacks character, sheen, and depth of colour.

I believe these leathers are meant to cater to the dedicated workboot crowd (e.g. firefighters, mechanics, etc.) who require something durable to take a a thrashing, rather than the "shoes that look better with age" crowd.

Yes I agree indeed, I had smooth brown BH once, now owned by another forum member. The leather wasn't exciting, but immensely tough compared to dress leather or cxl. I do think though with a lot of age the smooth brown does look very nice as I've seen on Japanese sites and it will certainly outlast other types. My main reason for getting rid of those BH was a sizing issue.

thanks for the comments Peterparker and Fre-co; seems smooth brown might be just for me; I already own a pair of White's dress brown and Alden brown CXL. Too bad HH isn't available for Bounty Hunter

I have not collected any information on boots, as must people did not know exactly what they were wearing when they signed up. The contest is being run between SuFu and the Iron Heart forum only.

This is the contestant list...

HWB-01 - MEGATRON1505

HWB-02 - HEINRICH BCN

HWB-03 - HIGHVOLTAGE

HWB-04 - HEMI

HWB-05 - D666

HWB-06 - URBANWOODSMAN

HWB-07 - LOUISBOSCO

HWB-08 - EMCEEQ

HWB-09 - MILD7

HWB-10 - CHRIS

HWB-11 - BLACKFROSTT

HWB-12 - FINN666

HWB-13 - JORDAN23

HWB-14 - DIRTYSELVEDGE

HWB-15 - KHAIRILEGO

HWB-16 - GHOST CAT

HWB-17 - RKUSMANT

HWB-18 - MADMONDAY

HWB-19 - SUPERSALAMI

HWB-20 - AARON

HWB-21 - MASTERSOFDEATH

HWB-22 - SPIDEREYE

HWB-23 - JACKIE17

HWB-24 - RAYW44

HWB-25 - SKURLANDSKI

HWB-26 - BEATLE

HWB-27 - DAVIL

HWB-28 - CRAT

HWB-29 - JHC76

HWB-30 - SPACE RANGER

HWB-31 - TMG

HWB-32 - NERKG

HWB-33 - BAGOESDP

HWB-34 - VAN OLZON

HWB-35 - CLJ

HWB-36 - NATEHATE

HWB-37 - PENTASTARCH

HWB-38 - FRE-CO

HWB-39 - ZHIVAGO

HWB-40 - ORGANIZEDCONFUSION

HWB-41 - FRIDAY

HWB-42 - MVB

HWB-43 - OWEGA MAN

HWB-44 - SIMONC

HWB-45 - MIDVALLEYFARM

HWB-46 - INQUIRE

HWB-47 - ALBERTABEEF

HWB-48 - FRISSE FRASSE

HWB-49 - DRBABYHORSE

HWB-50 - JOSHLAI

Boots ordered. Now the wait!

Since people seem to be posting their boots...here is mine...if anyone has any comments (like I should change something asap from your experience) please feel free to let me know.

Quantity Price Total Baker's Custom Bounty Hunter by White's Boots

Counter Leather #8 Burgundy Chrome Excel by Horween, Celastic Toe Box Single Celastic Toe, Height 6", Midsole Double, Heel Base Standard, Last Semi Dress (Bounty Hunter), Steel Toe No Thanks, Upper (Shaft) Leather Black Cherry Water Buffalo, Toe Cap Medallion Toe Cap, Toe Vamp Leather #8 Burgundy Chrome Excel by Horween, Top Cut Top (standard), Hardware Antique Eyes & Hooks, Leather Liner Cream, Pull Loops No Thanks, Size - Width D (medium), Lace Design Plain Toe, Sole Vibram 430 Mini Vib, Toe Cap Leather Color #8 Burgundy Chrome Excel, Edge Natural, Heel Lifts Standard, Size - Length 8

Edited by JHC76

I have not collected any information on boots, as must people did not know exactly what they were wearing when they signed up. The contest is being run between SuFu and the Iron Heart forum only.

This is the contestant list...

HWB-01 - MEGATRON1505

HWB-02 - HEINRICH BCN

HWB-03 - HIGHVOLTAGE

HWB-04 - HEMI

HWB-05 - D666

HWB-06 - URBANWOODSMAN

HWB-07 - LOUISBOSCO

HWB-08 - EMCEEQ

HWB-09 - MILD7

HWB-10 - CHRIS

HWB-11 - BLACKFROSTT