Heavyweight Denim Championships 2013 - 2015 - Official Thread

Megatron1505

In response to the question about beginning forum threads for the DWC…

The idea of housing the DWC on its own web platform was to make final judging easier and more consistent, as all submissions will be in the same place rather than scattered over several forums.

Personally, I have no issue with people posting and sharing their updates wherever they want to, but a couple of important things to note are…

- As the DWC charges a nominal entry fee to support prizes, the web platform and design costs etc… it may well be considered as a business by some forums. As a business the DWC would be expected to have a “paid†sponsored thread on these forums, and the cost of this is not small.

- The only place where your submissions will be judged is on the DWC forum, that is what it is there for.

- To add an image from your computer click on the add image link and upload it from your computer. There are options before posting to allow you to edit the image in a variety of ways prior to posting (size, rotation etc…).

So in summary, I will not be starting any thread on Superfuture or Styleforum dedicated to the DWC. However if contestants wish to begin a thread to share their updates with the wider community then that is perfectly fine.

Great eexplanation Gav!

Final pics for HWDC2 can be posted on Sufu or the Iron Heart forum. Both forums will have new threads created for final submissions only.

Speaking of repairs: I had a very sharp cut on my pair - not sure what it was, but it definitely didn't fray under friction or wear through.

Anyway, I tried to put a denim patch on the inside and glue it on with the nudie repair mesh. At first, the mesh didn't hold as the iron was not hot enough, then I managed to burn the edges of the tear a bit. I sew over it with Indigo thread and this is the result:

6KLtIiQ.jpg
tB5ETJm.jpg

Holy shit, such incredible uodates fro the air and hardest core trashed jeans by cander49

My current 25 oz IH jeans are still looking brand new sfter 700 wear days compared to them

Surprisingly the front pocket scoop are still looking strong on those Sammies

@fanya - RAD

@Cander - so trashed. I bet your finance/wife is happy this contest is almost over, and dreading the start of a new one ;) 

Holy shit, such incredible uodates fro the air and hardest core trashed jeans by cander49

My current 25 oz IH jeans are still looking brand new sfter 700 wear days compared to them

Surprisingly the front pocket scoop are still looking strong on those Sammies

Actually, the front pockets are heavily repaired. Haha. The attachment of the front right one completely separated months ago, but my fiancee repaired it.

@fanya - RAD

@Cander - so trashed. I bet your finance/wife is happy this contest is almost over, and dreading the start of a new one ;)

Hahaha, yeah. She used to love them, but totally hates them now. She loves my new Onis now, but we'll see what she thinks in 2 years. :)

I'm curious to see how those Oni's hold up for you. Just a guess, but I bet you trash that Secret Denim in less than 18 months. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am so happy not to be judging this thing. Every update literally blows my tiny denim mind and shows me what a crap job I have done of wearing the crap out of my MBB's  :D

I'm curious to see how those Oni's hold up for you. Just a guess, but I bet you trash that Secret Denim in less than 18 months. 

I seriously hope not... Haha. I'm hopeful that the slightly higher thickness will keep them around a little longer and I'll also be more proactive about repairs.

Edited by cander49

^^ Megatron: Yeah difficult to judge them after all you passionate raw denim heads are giving so much raw denim love to all those great looking jeans so far.

^^Cander49.

You're so hardcore and you're a lucky man that your wife is still loving you ha ha

Your jeans deserve an eternal life for sure.

And I can't wait to see your new Oni jeans after 600 wear days at your legs.

I'm pretty sure, that your new jeans are begging for their life and are trying to escape from their death at your legs ha ha