DenimProject - The Deviants 2013 Contest

drapygo

Is there a chance we can see the actual measurements before we decide wether to join? I am perfectly stuck between 32 and 34 an think I would not be happy with either one or the other. But a new sizechart for the new fabric might change this. Will also talk with almostnice, this sounds like it would be a contest for him.

drapygo will have to confirm, but I don't think actual payment is until March so you might be able to be "tentative" until then? Speaking with Taichi-san, he doesn't believe the measurements will differ significantly with the new fabric, but as we all know, a centimeter here or there can change things completely...

Yes indeed. I "need" a waist of 87-89cm so I'd be a "33" in above size chart. And I won't be able to commit to a 1-year-contest when I dislike the fit. Although the concept and people behind this contest really appeal to me.

Edit: Thanks b_f. Now I have to figure out if that makes a difference to the BIG method ^_^

Edited by Max Power

^^ Exactly my thoughts, and why i'm currently leaning towards a 32.

It also possible to let the waist shrink less by fixating it with something or keeping it above water when soaking.

One thing i don't want is for them ending up too baggy and being stuck with a fit i dislike.

Update: Hemming, right now we are are not providing it.

Sadly, this is a dealbreaker for me. If Taichi-san has a Union Special, why can't he hem our jeans to order?

It's less of an issue to find a shop that can hem my jeans on a Union when I won't start wearing them for some time, but for a contest that isn't really any option.

Sadly, this is a dealbreaker for me. If Taichi-san has a Union Special, why can't he hem our jeans to order?

i think there is a misunderstanding, Taichi-san does not have a Union Special

the hemming service mentioned in the Denim Project site is done by YM-Factory

the customers themselves have to send the jeans to YM-Factory

it is explained here: http://denimproject.net/archives/444

i think there is a misunderstanding, Taichi-san does not have a Union Special

the hemming service mentioned in the Denim Project site is done by YM-Factory

the customers themselves have to send the jeans to YM-Factory

it is explained here: http://denimproject.net/archives/444

disappointing news; perhaps a run of the jeans with inseam of 34" is a possibility? It's very troublesome to send the jeans abroad to have them hemmed the proper way. I prefer not to supercuff them as I already have two pairs with massive cuffs; its not an ideal everyday look...

inseam length is a none issue for me. .quite fortunately, BiG has always been my default for hemming jobs. but, the waist, i've always grappled cuz i'm always in-between sizes. i know they might be using new prod'n denim for the project, so i'm curious about the shrink-stretch angle.

for W32 initial post wash is approx 33.5"? while the W30 is at 31.5", is that right?

i'm W33 on most slimmer cut/model & W32 on more repro cuts.

sizing up or down from [that], for me, depends on the behavior of the denim itself ... eg, degree of sanforization, stretch potential, etc.

I don't think Taichi-san wants to give us any measurements etc. yet because it's yet to be seen/confirmed with the new denim. For now though, it seems it might be best to go with your usual sizing (ex. I'm a 32 in Warehouse and most Japanese denim and a 32 in the D00XX seems to be best for me). The hemming will actually be a problem for me too as I don't know of any chainstitching services in Chicago (this might have changed in the past few years? Someone let me know if so!)...You'd think there'd be plenty what with an older Union Special factory being here and all (has since been turned into condos)...Hopefully we'll work something out in the next few months!

drapygo, please add Obbigood to the list! :D

I asked someone with a size 32 D00XX to measure his pair using BIG method and this is what he gave me (raw measurements)

waist: 34"

front rise: 12"

rear rise: 15.5"

upper thigh: 13"

knee: 9 7/8"

leg opening: 9"

inseam: 38"

I don't think the waist will be oversized. Looks like a typical 40s repro measurements. If inseam only shrinks 2", I think the waist will probably shrink 1.5" to 2" max.

^snake, thanks for the raw measurements, and you're right, pretty typical 40's repro measurements. Damn, I just want to buy a 32 and start this contest already hahaha

And not that I'm gonna win, but what models would you all choose if you had the opportunity to decide the next cut (and free pair)? I'd either go all out with a 20's model (cinch, exposed rivets, suspender buttons etc.) or something easier on Taichi-san's budget like this WWII pair: http://www.marvins-jp.com/denimpants/dp-308-%28753%29-sold/dp-308.html

dp30876.jpg

;)