Post Your Leather Creations.

Lotus Cowboy

I wish I did... All of the photos were literally snapped immediately after finishing and about 10 minutes before shipping it out. Shuttering away in a mad scramble most of the photos turned out unusable. And the project was already so far behind schedule that I didn't want the owner to wait another day for better photos.

That's amazing work, digging the harness and the waxed canvas, hardware is nice as well, where are the buckle and swivel snap from?

Edited by Ivy

@BlueCollar

Thanks for the kind words! Sad to say it's the same for me. The shell was excess that a friend of mine had and sold to me. Horween told me to check in august and I haven't gotten word back from shinki who I contacted over a month ago. If I come into some I'll tell you where to get some.

@BlueCollar

Thanks for the kind words! Sad to say it's the same for me. The shell was excess that a friend of mine had and sold to me. Horween told me to check in august and I haven't gotten word back from shinki who I contacted over a month ago. If I come into some I'll tell you where to get some.

Thank you, my friend.

Very cool and so glad we were able to make even a small impact on your work.

Thanks Sean

Mostly made with the wonderful tools you supply.

VB 9 spi irons

VB awl

JJ needles

Fil Au 435 in ecru

It's been awhile since I've posted. Here are a few projects I've worked on.

Horween #8 Shell Cordovan Exterior with Burgundy Calf Interior

q3rRbtF.jpgt5C9APW.jpg

Brown Horsehide Mid-WalletyxgfUaS.jpg

Whiskey Shell Bifoldvqngu4m.jpg

...and a shot of some newly acquired Japanese Shell Cordovan

10iRyWo.jpg

Shinki Hikaku

Damn I've been trying to order from them but they said they never have any in stock..

I don't suppose you can take better photos of how the interior pockets are done? Or, if anyone can explain.

Thanks

Do you mean how they're attached together? Its just stitched in the middle. I can send you more photos if you'd like.

Damn I've been trying to order from them but they said they never have any in stock..

Do you mean how they're attached together? Its just stitched in the middle. I can send you more photos if you'd like.

That'd be a huge help! Thanks =)

I actually have a piece of shell left if you wanna buy it. Its not the same as the one I first got though, the one I have spare is from Clayton. Not entirely happy with the quality but its shell nonetheless.

Haven't posted in about 5 years or so. It looks like this is the new leather creation thread, so here is some recent work (aka stuff I've made in the last year). All saddle-stitched by hand.

Amazing stuff man, great work on the saddle stitching too. That would've taken a lot of patience.

Haven't posted in about 5 years or so. It looks like this is the new leather creation thread, so here is some recent work (aka stuff I've made in the last year). All saddle-stitched by hand.

front-Medium.jpgh4Zy0J5.jpg

front-Medium1.jpg

down-Medium.jpg

6-Medium.jpg

exterior-Medium5.jpg

exterior-Medium1.jpg

macro-Medium.jpg

5-Medium.jpg

interior-Medium2.jpg

OK, so we might as well close this thread after this post. 

Amazing stuff. Truly.

When Jacques posted in his instagram that he doesn't look forward to stitching gussets, it made me wonder if I am capable of stitching gussets. Well, I changed the design of my satchel to avoid a full blown gusset, but attempted it in a very small way for the pocket.

14649475399_81fd5fd663_o.jpg

14855990443_cd42a99b35_o.jpg

14813146016_eb32b0488e_o.jpg

14833759294_388e88e561_o.jpg

I have to agree, gussets are not easy. A lot of planning required to get it done. But I'm quite pleased with the result :)

A few new acquisitions.

Horween #4, #8 and Navy. I plan on doing a bigger write up comparing Horween, Shinki Hikaku and Clayton. Unfortunately Comipel is a little too expensive to get shipped to the U.S. so I'll have to leave that out for now. I already have quite a few projects lined up for the #4 and Navy.

All of them are incredibly hard to photograph so the #8 and #4 end up looking the same in the pictures.

Horween Navy (Top) vs. Clayton Navy (Bottom)

nRiUBHr.jpg

Horween #8 (Top) vs. Clayton Burgundy (Bottom)

jaWlMv0.jpg

Horween #4 (Left) vs. Shinki Hikaku Bordeaux (Right)

nOzkFbP.jpg

Edited by Deusis

A few new acquisitions.

Horween #4, #8 and Navy. I plan on doing a bigger write up comparing Horween, Shinki Hikaku and Clayton. Unfortunately Comipel is a little too expensive to get shipped to the U.S. so I'll have to leave that out for now. I already have quite a few projects lined up for the #4 and Navy.

All of them are incredibly hard to photograph so the #8 and #4 end up looking the same in the pictures.

Horween Navy (Top) vs. Clayton Navy (Bottom)

nRiUBHr.jpg

Horween #8 (Top) vs. Clayton Burgundy (Bottom)

jaWlMv0.jpg

Horween #4 (Left) vs. Shinki Hikaku Bordeaux (Right)

nOzkFbP.jpg

Just stunning. I would give my left nut for a shell, I don't care what color. Even a reject would do.