[PICS] TAKE5 Best Denim Store in Hong Kong - Sugarcane, Samurai, Evisu, etc.

Landy

i was pretty sure there was a review of take5 already as when i went to post one i thought one was up already.

anyway. about goro's - shit is ridiculously expensive, albeit nice. the tokyo store always has a line outside the front of it in harajuku and i was always lazy to stand in line so i never got to see the store. most of the silver stuff run at least $300 - so if you see a guy with a goro's chain, multiple feathers, claws, etc. he's probably wearing at least $1500 on his neck. haha. the guy in the last picture is a goro's fan- i talked to him about goro's for a bit once.

about pricing. it's definitely not cheaper than japan - after all they are importing. usually about ~$80-$100 over japanese prices. same goes with red moon stuff. that's where i bought my braid that started the braid craze.

i was pretty sure there was a review of take5 already as when i went to post one i thought one was up already.

anyway. about goro's - shit is ridiculously expensive, albeit nice. the tokyo store always has a line outside the front of it in harajuku and i was always lazy to stand in line so i never got to see the store. most of the silver stuff run at least $300 - so if you see a guy with a goro's chain, multiple feathers, claws, etc. he's probably wearing at least $1500 on his neck. haha. the guy in the last picture is a goro's fan- i talked to him about goro's for a bit once.

about pricing. it's definitely not cheaper than japan - after all they are importing. usually about ~$80-$100 over japanese prices. same goes with red moon stuff. that's where i bought my braid that started the braid craze.

xcoldricex, i was interested with goro's when the owner of take5 started chatting to me about it. i thought they were more expensive than what you stated above.

do you have some for yourself? that feather pendant is really nice and i hear it gets better with age.

i just can't sem to find myself wearing accessories other than a watch.

xcoldricex, i was interested with goro's when the owner of take5 started chatting to me about it. i thought they were more expensive than what you stated above.

do you have some for yourself? that feather pendant is really nice and i hear it gets better with age.

i just can't sem to find myself wearing accessories other than a watch.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have just returned from HK,Singapore & Thailand. I've travelled around for a month and of course couldn't resist going to Take5. Their selection of Japanese denim is really impressive (They don't carry all sizes though). The staff was helpful and they've chain stitched a pre-owned pair of SC1947 for me (around 10US$). It was the first time I've seen any of the new redmoon denim line (denim is soft and looks confy but the HUGE lether tag made me decide not to buy a pair). I've settled for a pair of D'artisan SD-003: Very nice fit with left hand twill - I coveted those for a very long time. I've soaked them in my hotel room, returned the next day and they chain stitched the pair for me as well.

There was a 20% discount for the period of the Chinese New Year (2-3 weeks in Feb. and changes according to the Chinese lunar calendar) and eventually they cost around the same price as in Japan.

I fully recommend that you go there if you're in HK.

Another anecdote: In southern Thailand (Krabi area) many Thai workers (construction, cleaning etc) wear fake Levi's with very nice red selvedge. They all wear them cuffed and I think it's the only place today you'll see the working class still wear "Genuine" selvedge denim the way it used to be in the US in the first half of the 20th century...

Hi N.U.3XL,

I was writing about stuff that was relevant to superdenim.

I was travelling with my wife and 2 kids. The height of my travel? 2 weeks of doing absolutly nothing in Railay Beach, Thailand. Phra-nang beach is a real contender for the world's best looking beach in my opinion. We had a lot of fun in HK & Singapore as well.

Cheers,

Chipopo

you're saying their prices are 20% off from the rakuten shops like bears and hinoya even without that premium membership?

and what do denim shops smell like? i've never been into a mainly denim store stocked to the ceiling like that.

it smells like... wonderful.

it smells like... wonderful.

oh, i finally got whiff of it when i visited a japanese denim store in bangkok (probably the only one). even though that was a hole-in-the-wall rather than a proper store, it was still pretty heady when i walked in and found myself surrounded by stacks--columns really--of brand new denim with that smell that only japanese denim seems to have. different from the smell of imperials or APC, or something.

can't wait to visit one in japan.

• 1 month later...
hi all, my friend is going HK this June, and i am thinking to ask him to get me some stuffs over there.

What stuffs are "worth" getting there?

How abt stuffs at Take5 Jeans shop? Any jeans or etc?

Thanks guys...

take 5 has the largest selection of japanese denim in HK

you can find almost every japanese denim brand there

if they don't have the product/denim that you want, they can order it for you from japan

so it depends on what you're looking for...

hey i've got another question.. well i tried to search the tags but i didnt find anything and i couldnt open up a new thread so i hope you guys can help me..

how is it with stuff from replay, diesel, lrg, bape, rmc, ice cream?

can you get those stuff in hk?

thanks

hey i've got another question.. well i tried to search the tags but i didnt find anything and i couldnt open up a new thread so i hope you guys can help me..

how is it with stuff from replay, diesel, lrg, bape, rmc, ice cream?

can you get those stuff in hk?

thanks

you just come from hypebeast or something? they don't sell items like that in take 5. bape, diesel,and rmc all have stores of their own in HK. all those products are readily available all over HK.

• 3 weeks later...