[PICS] TAKE5 Best Denim Store in Hong Kong - Sugarcane, Samurai, Evisu, etc.

Landy

I just came back from HK and I stumbled across probably one of the best denim stores you can find outside of Japan. They carry all brands that you guys love so much: denime, real mccoy, sugarcane, studio d'artisan, samurai, evisu, levis, etc. The staff there are a bunch of denim heads as well. I showed them the superfuture website and they were definitely digging the before and after denim pics thread. If you're in Hong Kong, you should definitely check them out. But I've also talked to them into possible setting up a way to selling jeans to people on superfuture. Everyone there speaks fluent english so it may be easier to buy through them rather than from Japan. One of the shop's staff members has registered on superfuture, so look for him popping up soon.

Their addie is:

Shop B&C,1/F Hing Ming Building,

41A-B Granville Road,

Tsim Sha Tsui,Kowloon, HongKong

www.take5jeans.com

You can email them at [email protected]

Anyways check the pics!

A pair of jeans by the shop's owner that's on display outside

DSC05684.JPG

Store shot 1

DSC05683.JPG

Store shot 2

DSC05657.JPG

Denime 1

DSC05655.JPG

cant beleive you only just found take5.... i found it 1/2 an hour after i got there ..drawn to it like a magnet i was.

im going there nxt week to get me some denime... from your photo it looks like they have better/more stock than last time i was there

im actually looking foward to my trip now ...thanks

^ ha yea. well i never knew the store existed. i just like to wander around HK and go into random stores. you never know what you'll fine. i practically creamed myself when i found this one. lol.

i was lucky i stayed in a hotel round corner from granville so i walked round and my eyes lit up, i think i bought some soap and a mag off them, did you buy anything?

did you find the vintage shop just back from take5?

and the arcade off granville circuit thats mostly crap but on the top floor theres a couple that custom make boots and shoes?

so want to be there now!

i bought some sugarcane soap to wash my nudies in. i also got a pair of the 2000 no. 2 evisus with the orange and black "tiger" selvege. but i mostly spent an hour there talkin with the people at the shop about jeans. like i said, they really dug superfuture and they hope to find a way where they can sell jeans to members here.

nah didn't check out the vintage shops or find the boots and shoe place.

i'm happy to be back from HK. i spent 6 months there. it gets old real quick. lol.

I was just there and bought myself a Samurai Jeans shirt and a FlatHead keychain. They were on sale. It's 20% off on everything but 25% off if you have their privilege card (yeah right). I was tempted to go for the SDA 103XX but I'm under oath from the PG2G "no more denim" thread...

I got the chance to chat a salesperson there and he said they intend to be actively selling stuff here at sf...watchout for it!

i was there last month, it's located on the same floor as one of the billions of bape/milo retailers in HK. Take5 was like a museum. I believe it's the only retailer of samurai in HK. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Nah I don't think they do chain stitching. you may wanna find out the word for it in chinese and ask them to look.

also for another denim store, check out evisu designer/founder/owner, Hidehiko Yamane's store in Causeway bay. it's called Yamane. it's a flagship store that doesn't even exist in Japan. in there, they carry a range of selvege denim under his Yamane label. the price is pretty decent, $880 HKD, but that's because the denim is made in china. But this probably goes to show how China is growing and evolving in denim production if Yamane is setting up shop there.