UES Denim

ShAraLeEe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I think the fit is probably better than the WH 800 I am currently rotating them with although the denim is not as nice.

If I could get Warehouse denim in a 400t cut I'd be sorted!

The WH 660 felt a lot slimmer in the top block while being wider from the knee down. They're not too similar IMO. The UES denim takes time to get interesting, but I would not deem it boring. It's just one of those denims that Needs to be worn and washed a lot to get nice, not looking "interesting" from the beginning like PBJ, Oni etc. In fact, it reminds me a lot of Eternal denim. I think I could not tell the difference if I just saw a small part of my pairs.

@doogan maybe the Burgus Plus x Warehouse 880 is something you should further look into. Basically it's a WH800 cut with a slighty more prominent taper from knee down to hem.

that's a cut that intrigues me a lot.

photos and measurements here

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/880-01/

• 1 month later...

I've the UES chambray workshirt in a two. It's a very trim 40" chest. It shrank a lot on first wash. Stretches a little with wear but beware. I also have a hickory stripe in a three. It's annoyingly a roomy 42" and hasn't shrunk at all with washing.

One major difference is the thickness of the fabric. Hickory stripe is substantially heavier than the chambray. That said the UES chambray has the second nicest fabric of all I own; slubby. Only KT&H is nicer in my opinion.

lol, 4 months later...

Seems too low.  Isnt it roughly 10.5" or so for a size 32 or 33?  I prefer 11.5" rise.

I could use an extra half inch or so on the back rise but it's still pretty generous compared to a lot of other slimmer cut jeans.

• 2 weeks later...

Possible UES sighting in the wild today:  In San Francisco, International food court at Bush and Kearny.  I looked up as a buttock passed my view.  Hoping it was a shapely female variety, I was disappointed until I noticed a familiar tab and leather patch.  Anyone here?  

• 4 months later...

Just got a pair of 400T in the mail today. Probably the nicest packaging and unboxing I've experienced. You guys are probably all familiar with this, but I had no idea. Nicely wrapped in a fabric bag, branded hanger with clips, and the UES booklet. Fantastic details before even looking at the jeans.

Got a size 33. l'll give them a hot wash (I think I need max shrinkage) tomorrow and hope for the best.

Some unusual puckering/ bunching of the denim at the front pocket. Hopefully it adds character...or it could look like a pleat. Hoping the wash makes it less noticeable.

I quite like the colour of these raw. It's a bit dirty/beige from the weft hue in combination with the indigo. It's nice...a bit dull (in a good way) compared to others.

Yeah I look forward to seeing how they turn out! Yours and the other contest pairs were incredible (fit and fade).

By dull, I was referring to the colour, as in muted or a bit beige. Not a bright blue with stark white weft. I like it a lot.

In the wash now...tons of indigo loss. The water is dark blue thought the washer door. Yikes!