UES Denim

ShAraLeEe

How much shrink is there within these flannels?  I guess I am asking because I am a solid medium in most if not all slim fitting shirts, however after measuring my shirts the measurements are fairly similiar(expect for my heavyweight flannel from vermont flannel which fits perfect but according measurements is like 8cm bigger in the shoulders and chest(what I assume is from the heavy flannel). Just trying to figure out which size would fit best and after seeing Geemans comment about going with a 3 and wearing mediums I am not not quite sure. 

Cucoo,
Bear in that the FW 13/14 shirts had a different sizing from this season (15/16)and last 14/15. The sizes were quite a small fit when Rivet and Hide got their first batch in FW 13/14. Since then the cut/sizing has been slightly bigger per model (2,3,4 etc) and fits more correctly in my opinion.
My 13/14 shirt is a size 3 and is quite slim fitting.
This season and last I could happily wear a size 2 for a fitted look and a 3 for layering underneath.
I also feel that there's a reasonable amount of shrink to be had if needed from these. They are Sanforized but a hot wash will reduce them if needed.
Go by Rivet and Hides sizing. It's accurate.
A size 2 should fit you well from what I can tell.
(For ref: I'm 6', 80kg with 40" chest)

Edited by radfad2000

• 2 weeks later...

Got my heavy flannel today! Size 2 worked out, fits pretty slim but not uncomfortably so. I just have to make sure to always wash cold. Very happy with it so far. Crappy fit pic:

5lxguUgl.jpg

I almost got another color since "everybody" on here has this one, too, but then I remembered that y'all are just internet people :D

Looks very good Cucoo! You should be fine if you wash cold, I just did a warm wash and machine dry on mine and got basically no shrinkage at all. Also definitely the right color choice, the yellow looks nice too but I think the blue is the standout of the 3. 

I don't have first hand experience with IH or FH flannels but I can tell you that weight-wise it feels the same as this Nudie "Jonis" heavy flannel ;) (Fabric is nicer though.)

logxMwLl.jpg

It's warm but still very wearable in the office.

The cut is very nice, too. I was afraid it'd end up too small in the chest (and beer belly region), but shoulders and chest are perfect and the length and sleeve length turned out perfect, too. Only the neck is a bit small, I can button the top but it's pretty tight. Won't ever do that though so it doesn't matter.

The shirt is really beautiful. Hoe heavy is it compared to any IH or FH shirt for reference?

The UES and FH are both on par and very warm, but I think the FH is warmer.  I'll double check tonight.  

I love these (and the FH) flannels...but can only wear them for about 3 months of the year. Damn subtropics.

Spent most of my life in Canada, wishing I lived in a warm climate. Now I'm wishing I lived in a cold climate so I could wear jeans and flannels...the wife thinks I'm nuts.

The shirt is really beautiful. Hoe heavy is it compared to any IH or FH shirt for reference?

I don't have a FH heavy flannel but I do have an IH one. The UES is not quite as thick and warm as the IH but it is not that far off. Makes it a bit more wearable in the fall than the the IH which I find can be too warm outside of winter. 

Tuck Shop is having a sale on their UES stuff   For this week,

Clearing of UES Japan Clothing to make space for new items.

There are 2 categories, 50% Discount and 30% Discount.

ENTER THIS CODE DURING CHECKOUT FOR 

50% DISCOUNT

TT151050

ENTER THIS CODE DURING CHECKOUT FOR 

30% DISCOUNT

TT151030

Hi! Does anyone owns the 400E denim bush pant? I'm wearing size 33 for Strike gold and Flat head, size 32 for Iron heart. I'm wondering if I should take the same size or size down to 31 or 32? Based on the one wash denim measurement, seems like I can fit into a size 31 for the "ideal" slimmer fit..a size 33 would probably look loose...

Any idea how is this compare to other Japanese denim?It doesn't have measurements in raw, does it comes bigger or similar to other Japanese denims?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

4 months in and here is a little update on my 23 Oz. 400 T's

I had no difficulty what so ever braking these in. The fabric was pretty soft from day 1... I mean we are talking extreme rigid 23 Oz. denim and they are still tough as shit. But somehow they adapted/shaped to my body pretty quick. 

They haven't had another wash since the first initial soak and machine-wash but that is going to change soon. I'll trow them in the machine washer next weekend and do another update!

The fabric is just amazing and has the same fading potential as my first pair. 

Extra info: Apparently llvlaglne reached out to Lee, asking if these would ever go into production. Answer was NO. (That is correct right, llvlaglne?) So only one pair was made and it will stay like that, making this an extremely limited pair! 

But then this also made me think, is this 23 Oz. even woven by UES? Did they maybe buy it somewhere else to craft my pair? In the end it doesn't matter that much, but I wish there was a bit more information out there.

tumblr_nyl2zwFmfe1rjezijo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nyl2zwFmfe1rjezijo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nyl36dtepg1rjezijo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nyl36dtepg1rjezijo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nyl36dtepg1rjezijo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nyl36dtepg1rjezijo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_nyl36dtepg1rjezijo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_nyl36dtepg1rjezijo2_1280.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped by the UES store while I was in Tokyo, was really cool to see all their stuff in person. I was already over my budget from previous purchases but my wife picked up another one of their flannels, the extra heavy version. The guy in the shop was super nice and spoke amazing English, even sent us to a cool nearby area for lunch. We also got a neat coaster they were giving away with every purchase, can't go wrong with denim Christmas items!

pjMqyM1.jpg

a75bDLl.jpg

• 1 month later...