Shoes that look better with age...

kiya

( not leather shoes but the most relevant thread to post these )

Just got these super cool vintage Converse from the 70's  :)

IMG_20160730_200318_zpsw7twscuo.jpg

Interesting, how do they compare to the 70's available now.

as promised 

now humor me when im talking about shoes because i know nothing ( no technical names )

vintage on the left 

20160731_075014_zpsufwftdqf.jpg

the toe cap on the vintage pair is cut a lot rougher and has a really cool unevenness that you expect from vintage clothing 

20160731_075937_zps0x6kh0id.jpg

the arc stitch ( ????? ) on the vintage pair is deeper than the reissues 

20160731_080005_zpspogavy8i.jpg

the heel tape and the canvas in general is way more substantial on the vintage pair 

20160731_075857_zpsjzzczain.jpg

insole is also different

Interesting they have an arch support insole, these probably come from the period where converse owned PF flyers before the two companies where split up due by the monopolies commission?

I like converses but they just don't last, not worth the money. I am guessing the vintage converses last a lot longer and are more durable than modern converses

Maybe should go with the Converse 70 (much more durable than standard all stars)  and get em from sale at 50$. These had been

the first chucks I had bought in years.

Maybe should go with the Converse 70 (much more durable than standard all stars)  and get em from sale at 50$. These had been

the first chucks I had bought in years.

Thanks. I will have a look into those

I've tried to send grizzly boots co. an email to order a pair, but never answer. I am still looking for help to buy the grizzly boots.

Give them a call. Worth a shot.

Edited by mlwdp

Capsicum seriously i need a pair un brown roughout i dont know how to size though if you are getting a pair let me know can i ask yoh a favor and get me one too? Ill pay you asap

So I preordered a pair of the Viberg Hopper engineer boots on Styleforum, got a message today saying that Viberg no longer has the tobacco chamois leather and that they decided to make them with the aged bark leather instead.

They offered me a refund if I didn't want that leather since it wasn't what I preordered, but I think the aged bark looks pretty nice and will make a good engineer boot.

I might even like that leather more than the initial tobacco chamois.  :D

:rolleyes:

3fWUXku.jpg?1

CXL cattlehide creases kinda funny.

Are these for sure CXL..?  They look like the standard calfskin.  In any case, my CXL Indys have creased much differently than this. But CXL is an unpredictable beast.

• sufu1 changed the title to Shoes that look better with age...