Show us your leather

aleopold

gentleman  i need a watch strap maker who can do it for me?

too expensive and commercialized... was thinking of just some guy who can make one..

Try Hallows Leather.

335cf1t.jpg

Nicholas is a one-man show out of Minneapolis, Minnesota who does some of the most amazing custom leather work available.

Check out his Flickr account to see 23 gorgeous pages of high resolution photographs showcasing the quality of his work.

Hallows Leather Flickr

Just email Nicholas and tell him what you want and you can work out the details via your email conversation with him.

A quick example of a couple watch bands he's done:

ohqpsl.jpg

I don't work for Nicholas or anything like that but my personal experience purchasing a custom wallet rein from him last month was so excellent that I'm more than happy to take a few minutes to endorse his work and his expertise. His work is so good that I'm sure he could probably be operating on a much larger scale but I get the impression Nicholas is doing just fine running it himself and that he enjoys the lifestyle his craft affords him. I have other artisan friends who have told me they regret taking their business to that next level of sales/production and wished they had remained small, working out of their original workshop. Looks like Nicholas has opted to remain the sole purveyor of his kingdom and focus his attention on producing truly world-class leather work.

Kudos to Nicholas!

And best of luck to you @edmond on your search for a custom watch strap.

Edited by Wörn75

gentleman i need a watch strap maker who can do it for me?

ed if you're still in the hunt I suggest to check out Uwe Tauber from Germany. He makes some top class NATO style straps and I am pretty sure he could make to order any kind of watch strap you have in mind. Price around 60/70 Eur. His Instagram ID is @utauber

• 2 weeks later...

I want to replace the snap closure on my corter snap wallet with a larger coin button similar to those used on the flat head/red moon wallets. 

Anyone know where i can order the hardware for that? my ebay search came up with nil 

EDIT: Found some pretty neat looking ones on etsy, will post pics when i swap them out 

Edited by karanimal

Decided to take a little group photo of my various leather accoutrements. 

16047276053_01a36e545c_c.jpg

I've had a few of these billykirk cardcases over the years, they last about 2 or so before they get a little to tired to carry around. The larger sketchbook cover was natural veg tan by BK. The smaller one which holds fieldnotes and cards was by ofmudandcoal on etsy, been in my back left pocket since mid fall. Just recently decided to upgrade to something a little more substantial than a cardcase and went for a midlength wallet and rein from Blackyrock in natural cxl which I am eagerly awaiting in the mail. Below are also some photos of the wallet courtesy of Blackyrock before it was shipped out. 

16479931990_4097f38425_c.jpg

16666317412_ed6669b087_c.jpg

16667328325_e8b56abb96_c.jpg

D-ring has a subtle screw-pin to switch out the rein in the future. 

3D1FD517-9E47-4544-9F50-9AF1B663826E_zps

6 months of wear, started off undyed as natural leather.

i have rubbed it down with mink oil a couple times and now im about to go out hunting for some obenaufs

gonna replace the dirty ass lanyard also with a brass chain if i can find one.

any tips on how to clean the black shit off of it? its from a new pair of carhart workpants that i hadent washed yet

Y

3D1FD517-9E47-4544-9F50-9AF1B663826E_zps

6 months of wear, started off undyed as natural leather.

i have rubbed it down with mink oil a couple times and now im about to go out hunting for some obenaufs

gonna replace the dirty ass lanyard also with a brass chain if i can find one.

any tips on how to clean the black shit off of it? its from a new pair of carhart workpants that i hadent washed yet

You can try saddle soap but be careful not to overdo it.

With mink oil, it's always worth checking if it has silicone in it. A lot of mink oil products say 'all natural' and then they actually use silicone, which over time is terrible for leather..

Venetian Shoe Cream is the best for reconditioning and cleaning leather. Also it will not change the color of the leather which is a big plus for me.

-Edwin

• 2 weeks later...