Show us your leather

aleopold

14 months!

Tried to take some pictures but it was to dark and my flash was out of battery so no help there.

Going to try taking some better pictures tomorrow. This will have to do until then.

_MG_6504_mod.jpg

Hi guys. Got a sweet new wallet and lighter holder from Jackalope. Excellent quality, really happy with them. Will update when they get worn in a bit.

JACKALOPE1.jpgJACKALOPE2.jpg

(cross post from UES competition Thread.)

This is my ''neat'' belt for when I tuck in my shirts and don't wear sneakers. It was very stiff at first but it has loosened up in time. I'm very fond of this belt :).

This belt is made in Italy and I bought it in Rome when I was there last spring. It is from a store called Asole&Bottoni. 5mm thick leather, but I honestly don't know of what kind.

88dd330491000030c509ac070be7c791.jpg

ff1a7e5df73d401eeb129466a71b676f.jpg

A little late, but here's my quercus and my Angelos wallet. Both completely untreated. Thought i'd get some obenaufs heavy LP The quercus has a really odd smell, which I guess is usual for this kind of leather. It doesnt really bother me (I actually kind of like it), but I guess someone not as much into leather might raise their nose a little. It has decreased significantly since new though, and barely noticeable now.

LDMgcb5.jpg

Wallet has gotten some indigo stains, but it should settle in once it's getting a little more worn. It's mostly the indigo on threads that bother me atm.

Anyone tried cleaning their natural leather with lemon btw? I saw it on another forum. Looks like it removed pretty all of the indigo staining.

Mate, i use leatherique leather conditioner and it gets rid of just about any indigo on leather, it may be worth a go. Also I know voyej recommend using lemon!

Okay. Might try if it ever gets too stained.

I'm interested in wallets with rein, but I can't stand the long ones sticking out of the pocket. What are my alternatives for shorter ones? I like the size of my angelos, which is 4.5" x 3.75". Most of the ones I've seen are really big.

I quite like this one. It's 5.25" height I think. Blackyrock has made it. Anyone got experience with him?

tumblr_mzv139KxET1shcf02o2_1280.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just received a LGC Ponderosa wallet, I opted for the smaller version with zipper compartment for coins. (I tried minimizing coin usage, but alas, it's not really possible here in Germany.) My setup until today is on the left, I used a small "minimal" wallet plus a small pouch for coins. Wasn't really feasible, it was awkward fumbling around with two wallets when paying with plastic isn't an option.

I didn't want to shell out too much so LGC seemed a good low cost option. The leather is reasonably nice, stitching is accurate, but the black applique is disappointing, it looks cut out by hand in a hurry, you'd think that the LGC guy would use a stencil or something.

Overall I'm satisfied though. I got it with chain because I wanted the belt loop, but I have a replacement braided leather reign in the mail already.

G0FJLWJl.jpg

hjbBUIgl.jpg

eJENoi9l.jpg

trDjjHcl.jpg

Day 1 - Red Moon Wallet

IMG_4759.jpg

IMG_4761.jpg

IMG_4760.jpg

After a few months now... and a little abuse.  Honestly this has been my least favorite wallet, so i am not careful with it at all.  never will i get something with a zipper again.

IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5488.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

Update on my Quercus from Terry Dear, Angelos wallet and a newly purchased oak tanned bridle black belt from Terry too.

Also included a small piece of quercus leather to show progress of the belt.

Belt and wallet has been giving an extremely light coating of oil (don't think I could've applied any less and still call it uniform coat).

ZF6jyDI.jpg

Edited by johanhej

Finally experimenting with some stronger springs here and having great success, if either of you (or anyone else who has one of these clips) would like to send it back to get supercharged, send me a PM.  Once I secure a larger quantity of these springs I'll just swap out all of them before shipping.  Big improvement.

Just got the spring you sent me for the clip. It's perfect now...no worries that the keys will fall off anymore. It was a pretty tight fit, but only took a minute or two to switch out. Thanks for sending the new spring my way!

• 4 weeks later...

Mushman wallet- Ortensia Badalassi leather

Rein from Hollows.

13363146733_6e8ac10b17_c.jpg13363160963_388fe330ea_c.jpg

Is that rein natural? I only see black on the Hollows website unless I'm totally missing something?

Children belt from when my mother or father was a child.

I used it as well when i was a child. so it is quite old and well used. .

_MG_8611_mod2.jpg

_MG_8608_mod.jpg

_MG_8610_mod.jpg

Edited by nizzel55

Natural leather bracelets from kaijin (ebay)... the darker one has been in use for only about 3 weeks and I don't even wear it 24/7, pretty much always take it off once I get home. I ordered another one because for a couple days I thought I was allergic to the nickel closure  :huh:

riK8EsJl.jpg

WfrcO7Il.jpg

PkWw0swl.jpg

nWOisP3l.jpg