14 replies to this topic

#1 dessukyampu

dessukyampu

bored

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • joined 25 december 04

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:34 PM

i read somewhere that there was a ragtag on takeshita, but on the superfuture maps they have one listed somewhere in shibuya.
i was wondering if ragtag was a chain of stores or not?
and how is the variety and pricing in ragtag?

#2 Troop23

Troop23

semibored

• Pip
  • 88 posts
  • joined 24 january 05

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:45 PM

yeah there's a ragtag in Harajuku, takeshite-dori. don't know about shibuya? prices seemed lower than other resale joints but all their stuff is pretty heavily used. hence the name.
I put his brains all over the street sos u could see what he was just thinkin

#3 chad

chad

superbored

• Pip
  • 224 posts
  • joined 12 october 03

Posted 16 February 2005 - 11:42 PM

there is a massive 3 or 4 story new-ish (a year now?) rag tag in shibuya in the old uniqlo buidling.
it is kinda in the middle of this map. http://superfuture.c...m?area=4&city=1

i did not notice that things seemed used - everything i have seen there looked immaculate, except some things that were from a few seasons ago and while in good condition, looked insanely dated and would be suicide to wear.

there is also a rag tag in shinjuku, but i don't think it is on the shinjuku map. it is around the corner from in the room.

prices can still be expensive for used clothing, but still a lot cheaper than new. i am still kicking myself for passing up a 40,000 yen dior jacket which was perfect, but there was a mental glitch where 40,000 yen and the word "used" appearing in the same sentence did not compute. damn.

Edited by chad on Feb 16, 2005 at 09:33 PM

#4 MyMindSpray

MyMindSpray

superbored

• Pip
  • 434 posts
  • joined 19 january 04

Posted 17 February 2005 - 01:51 PM

the ragtag in shibuya and shinjuku are a bit more difficult to find, but worth hunting for in my opinion...as far as used clothing in tokyo goes, i prefer ragtag to other stores such as heatwave etc...the clothing is a bit more "used", but they do keep it in good care, and the prices are more than decent in my opinion...an added plus is that they don't just stock lines like w)taps, bape and supreme...you can find comme des garcons, dior, paul smith, etc...tokyo did it right with this one...

#5 Troop23

Troop23

semibored

• Pip
  • 88 posts
  • joined 24 january 05

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:54 PM

when in Tokyo and I just have to shell out the resale prices (usually higher for new stuff) I prefer Fool's Judge in Shibuya and PX-Megastore (The trip out to the suburbs is worth it). PX has the best range and sum bargains on DTaps etc.
I put his brains all over the street sos u could see what he was just thinkin

#6 dessukyampu

dessukyampu

bored

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • joined 25 december 04

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:46 PM

thanks for the head sup on PX-megastore and fool's judge
i did a search on them and found their websites. ill def. take a look when im in tokyo this june

#7 mickey holmes

mickey holmes

semibored

• Pip
  • 74 posts
  • joined 25 november 04
  • talents:Photography, liquor, music, girls

Posted 19 February 2005 - 01:52 PM

There's one in Harajuku.
The missus dragged me there on one of her many shopping sprees....

#8 Owlix

Owlix

bored

• Pip
  • 150 posts
  • joined 27 april 11

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:32 PM

Apologies for bumping a super old thread but do I need a proxy to order from Ragtag on Rakuten since they introduced their forwarding service/we welcome foreign buyers?

#9 Fycus

Fycus

superbored

• PipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • joined 31 august 08
  • style:slob
  • attitude:chilled

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

no if you are using the global site you can checkout normally. if you are browsing rakuten jp, reload global.rakuten.com/en, search any random product, then at the bottom of the page will be the product you recently viewed at rakuten jp. Open the product page and buy, the checkout process is pretty straightforward (a little buggy) on the global site but it should be fine. I just bought stuff from ragtag in the last month. 

#10 planetzemlja

planetzemlja

super

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • joined 15 august 14

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:11 PM

I bought something from Ragtag and I paid 50$ for shipping and 75$ customs so consider this before buying anything...

#11 haruki_murakami

haruki_murakami

super

• Pip
  • 110 posts
  • joined 11 march 13
  • style:none
  • attitude:spaced out

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:53 PM

really? was it a special fabric? where are you located? i bought a shirt recently and paid no customs and only paid like 15 for shipping. in fact they marked the shirt as a gift and i didn't even ask for that

#12 planetzemlja

planetzemlja

super

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • joined 15 august 14

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

really? was it a special fabric? where are you located? i bought a shirt recently and paid no customs and only paid like 15 for shipping. in fact they marked the shirt as a gift and i didn't even ask for that

Well I am from Slovenia and I did order a trenchcoat, but the package I got it in was huuuuuge. And the price was marked so I had to pay customs...

#13 Fycus

Fycus

superbored

• PipPip
  • 2,695 posts
  • joined 31 august 08
  • style:slob
  • attitude:chilled

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:31 PM

If you are in the US anything shipped EMS is hardly susceptible to customs fees, for those that are worried.

#14 frasier oiseau

frasier oiseau

smarf

• PipPip
  • 2,180 posts
  • joined 30 september 12
  • biography:sicker than yo average poppa

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:36 PM

Same in Australia, I'm pretty sure almost anything under $1000 (might differ from state to state), you don't have to fill out a customs declaration or pay duties

#15 planetzemlja

planetzemlja

super

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • joined 15 august 14

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:18 AM

Well we have really strict customs so...