ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

Im sure someone will fill it

i just hope we dont have anymore dropouts

I still need 2 members to email me and im starting to question if thats ever gonna happen

are you still wearing your broken twills yjoni ? Cant wait to see some evo on that denim

Posted · Hidden by akka225, May 13, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by akka225, May 13, 2012 - No reason given

i just ordered some denim from lendo, if those don't work out i was planning on buying ooe and just saw this contest. if i get those next week and they don't work out can i join?

The only thing left that is bugging me is the pocket bag option,

is there a chart/picture somewhere that shows the available option?

And also...

Will there still be a custom leather patch for this competition?

(just wondering...)

Just got a reply from ryo and hiro and they said to fill in the order forms as best you can and they will deal personally with each of you concerning the rest

Getting pretty excited

Edited by Flash

are you still wearing your broken twills yjoni ? Cant wait to see some evo on that denim

Nothing since my last update :(

ooe4half.jpg

Due to weight loss, I'm barely holding a fit on these. The early fades on the broken twill pan out really nicely if you have the patience/tolerance to fight for some contrast.

Now the challenge will be convincing Ryo and Hiro that I am down about 3 single sizes in this cut.

Edited by jyoni

Probably the same but downsized. I heard back about doing a narrower leg. Their advice is to downsize and tailor out the hip flare. Pretty good idea!

I'll have to think about it but that sounds like a winner.

Ah yeah the details...

Definitely want burr rivets. I ordered them for those, but wanted ufo for the hidden rivets. Something got lost in translation and the whole jean was outfitted with ufo. I also want to add rivets to bottoms of the front belt loops, for keys. It's not for alterno-dude key swagger, it's just the best place to keep them while working.

Dunno about the pocket bags yet either.

Everything else pretty much straight up WWII. I wish they had raw brass buttons. Maybe they do, laying around? I suppose I can ask.

I don't know what product they have on hand for other colors of cotton stitching. But whatever they are using for the yellow WWII...will really impress you. It is tough. I almost wonder if it is a tatting thread. I happened to be busy on a really heavy project with mine and the only damage after 4-5 months was a bit of thread loss in the chainstitch and some crotch loosening.

Ryo and Hiro say the 91 shrinks more than average. Must be the looser weave mentioned earlier. They say to shoot for 2.5" inches of shrinkage, so take a closer look at your sizing decisions if you haven't been in touch with them yet.

They also asked that their order forms not be made public. It seems the details of threads, options, etc are no problem. Just the forms themselves are an issue.

Excited for this too, but work has been a killer for me, and will be until perhaps next week. When do we have to decide the details by? I thought we'd have till June (???), but people are already submitting their forms? scaring me a little here. Hahaha.

@tsunamiboy85

The first deadline is still a month away so you are fine.

I just want to leave plenty of time corresponding with them in getting the details right (hopefully nothing get lost in translation)

Thanks mate im sure you wont be dissapointed , im realy looking giward to seeing how everyones jeans turn out , were still a bit away from that tho as it looks like there is going to be 2 more spots free

wished i could be in on this one but i only get to wear mine on weekends so i think there are others who can put more commitment into this. been wearing my 5702xx's on casual fridays and weekends. they have been my go to jeans because the cut is fantastic for me. will try to get a fit pic or 2 up over the weekend.