ooe yofukuten & co. denim contest

Flash

So ive been going through the process of ordering a pair of ooe's and while sorting out the details of my pair i brought up the idea to ryo and hiro about starting a contest here on sufu and they were pretty enthusiastic about the idea , allouth not all the details have been sorted out here is what i was thinking

. Ryo and hiro chose the fabric ........ The denim will be 91

. We chose our own cut and details

. I also asked about a custom leather patch ( not confirmed )

. Ryo and hiro are pretty busy untill july so production will be after that

ok lads .. good news , ryo and hiro have got back to me and have confirmed that the contest is a go

we will be using the 91 denim chosen by ryo and hiro

the cut and details will be up to you

atm we don't have a start date but the production of the jeans will be as originally stated

15 contestants

1 . flash

2 . aho

3 . simon

4 . mapz

5 . Jacoblue

6 . Tsunamiboy85

7 . unearthed

8 . arcarsenal

9 . royalcheese

10 . ignaurus

11 . Rayw44

12 . fre-co

13 . illumin8em

14 . Lc_miey

15 . redragon

16. Joni

17. Smittybat

18. Api

19. Supawiwi

20. Slab ???

i don't know any other way to do this so the rest of the numbers will be up with a " first come first serve basis " but please take on board that we need commitment for this to work and this will be a fairly lengthy order process so please do not waste ryo and hiros time

soo happy we can do this

Edited by Flash

whoa whoa whoa....ive been bringing this idea up with our favorite ryo and hiro for ages but they've always turned me down...too many pairs aside from their regular business, need to ensure the same fabric, etc. etc. was what they always said which i could totally understand....have they finally given in?! i would support this contest regardless

i guess your edits answered my q's...i def. think ryo and hiro should choose the denim as they'll know what's really special first hand (#0 and the original contest denim #11 immediately come to mind...would be hyped for something along those lines) and i guess if they limited the # of participants it wouldn't be overload to them. on that note, a standard on the details would make their lives easier.

needless to say, please count me in! ;)

To echo what everyone has already said, I would be more than a little interested in this contest. The 4102's that I ordered a couple years ago are now too small for me by an inch or two in the waist, and thus very uncomfortable. They're are a size 37, so I'd probably have to go with a 38 or 39 this time around.

Edited by josh mullen

have not heard back yet but i thought id share what was talked about as far as numbers

again this is not confirmed as is everything else mentioned

10-15 participants was the first numbers put forward so we will see what Ryo and Hiro think of that

As far as production is concerned i would think it would take several weeks to fit the contest jeans around there day to day orders

Although I wouldn't participate, I'd definitely follow this thread if it takes off. Well done to get this far flash!

Accidentally negged you, sorry, blame the iPhone.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Sounds like a great idea...I will be watching, can't participate. Just a thought - why do you want to choose the same denim for all contestants? wouldn't it satisfy the curiosity of many to see different kinds of fabric fade? Whatever, will be a great thread I think (but watch out for drop outs over the next months!)

Edited by Max Power

i think keeping the denim the same for all participants just makes it more of a contest by only changing 1 thing ( the wearer )

im sure Ryo and Hiro would not let us down with there choice of denim :)

Edited by Flash

everyone is entitled to there opinion mate so there is no need to be excused ,personaly i love the idea of Ryo and Hiro picking a denim from one of there many favourites, i dont think it would make the jeans any less personal for us but it would give ryo and hiro more involvement in and make it feel more of an " offical " contest, there would still be plenty you can pick for your pair (cut , stitching , details ) im sure Ryo and Hiro would be cool with us picking our own details ( as long as we keep it "simple" )

Edited by Flash

I think that in order to make this a real contest, we need to remove all variables other than the wearer and provide a level playing field.

To do this we should pick one denim in one size only and all contestants have to wear this regardless of their own actual size. This requires us to get deep-down statistical and select a reasonable and 'best fit' (pun intended) basis to choose that size. Once we have all potential contestants, we should ask for their measured waist sizes and we could then choose the mean, median or mode based on this information. Each contestant would agree to this and prepare for battle.

There should be no further issues:

- Jeans too big - wear a belt/braces; gain weight

- Jeans too small - wear with buttons undone; add extra material to expand the waist; lose weight

This is the only way to make the contest fair and equitable and should yield excellent progress updates and final results.

Incidentally, I may have sent this post 5 days too early.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Yes, you're right I think. Just speaking for me - if I would get an OOE, I would do it because I can realize my own ideas with the help of Ryo and Hiro. This would get lost in an one model contest. But that's just me and I will stop spamming now, pardon me.

hey man, you're not spamming. i'm just putting my opinion across like you :)

OOE's a "tailor" shop after all__ their business is all about customization. definitely, it's all up to the actual contestants to decide.

Production of these jeans is at least three months away. it's too early to be tossing around a ton of thoughts and ideas. Let flash communicate with Ooe, and see what they'd like to do and accomplish with the contest. If the purpose is just to wear in jeans, then it isn't all that interesting. I'd prefer to see them have a model and/or denim that they'd like to showcase.

I'll add it would be neat to see, for lack of a better word, a theme to the contest... like 60s hippy jeans, or 50s rock and roll jeans, or 30s cowboy pants. Not everyone doing the exact same thing, but a common model and theme between all of them. I think a 50s cut with offset back belt loop, zip fly, and sanforized denim would be pretty cool and nothing like what's been used in previous sufu contests (that I'm aware of).

Edited by setterman

love my pair of 9202 and definitely interested in joing this contest!

I agree the contest denim should be only one type of denim; too many variables otherwise to compare them at the end of the ride