Australians where do you buy your jeans online?

illest.

Ive got 2 pairs of raws getting repaired by these guys : Up There Store, 15 McKillop St. at Lt. Collin st

Small shop with a couple of raw brands up for sale, didnt take a good look. I would guess whatever they have is listed on their site. Good to see some denim enthusiast down this way having a go.

according to the ues website, corlection store in sydney carries ues jeans, shirts and caps

yeah i've been to corlection during my last trip in sydney..never heard of ues by that time so i bought kawatako jeans and wallet..

imperials aren't available in australia anymore it seems. australians have to get them online.

inseam carries raw that's popular with locals. as raw picks up in trending australia, i'm sure such stores will stock more.

yeah my first ih jeans bought from inseam..free shipping all the way from aussie to malaysia

Edited by chazychaz

Ive got 2 pairs of raws getting repaired by these guys : Up There Store, 15 McKillop St. at Lt. Collin st

Small shop with a couple of raw brands up for sale, didnt take a good look. I would guess whatever they have is listed on their site. Good to see some denim enthusiast down this way having a go.

what's the price for a repair? any chainstitch hemming services around melbourne? i find it absurd for the need of posting my jeans to sydney just to get a chainstich.

what's the price for a repair? any chainstitch hemming services around melbourne? i find it absurd for the need of posting my jeans to sydney just to get a chainstich.

When I pick them up will ask about chainstitch for hems. I know mate, I was going to do the same for a new pair I still have tucked away. The only place I could find was someone up in NSW.

Up there store, They do chain stitching hemming service. around 30$

I did it a couple month ago.

Superglue Highpoint is stocking selvage denim. Brands such as Koi, Han Kjobenhav and Denham.

What got me excited is they do chain stitch hemming service for $15 with a union special machine.

Dont know if it has all ready been said but Rivet & Hide in london do free world wide postage on orders over 150 pound which is easy done and also do free hemming on purchases. i am an aussie living in london and have had personal dealing with danny from rivet & hide and he is a top bloke and great to deal with!

Edited by ToddjColey

imo discussions should be more on where can we find a brick n mortar store rather than online stores. raw denims online that ships to australia should be well known. big,blueowl,rivet and hide, selfedge, rakuten, inseamstore to name a few. the mystery now is where can we get to try the raw denim beforehand.

as mentioned, upthere store and saint side (both in the same building, 15 McKillop Street Melbourne, actually the upper 2 floors on top of eachother) would be your best bet.

Upthere offer a tonne of Japanese wears and selections of selvedge denim, Saint Side offering more american streetwear, with some options of selvedge, but with Momotaro at $250, its definitely a good price point considering.

Upthere do mend and also hem with a chain stitching machine for $30.

The independent retail market in Melbourne is tough, people seem to enjoy cheap quality, cheap priced, fast fashion that is bombarded on bill boards and bus shelters to remind them what they are supposed to buy, and how they are supposed to look.

no one is bothering to think anymore, not about themselves, their identity, culture, nor product.

having said this, im a fan of both of those stores and occasionally work at Saint Side, the alternatives in Melbourne to these are non existent, both stores are doing a great job and offer fantastic service.

I'm kind of glad I revived the thread now, ACTION ON THE FORUMZ. FASHIONZ.

Happy to keep it up to date with movements as they come!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my jeans back from uptherestore. I asked about the chainstitch hem and apparently the machine has died in the ass and they are looking for parts to fix it. No ETA on when that will be but when you're ready to have your pair hem'ed just give them a call to see if its fixed yet. Hope it happens cause I have 3 pairs ready to go ;)

Oh snap! I didnt know that ill have a chat with the guys.

Saint Side have just taken delivery of some Edwin joints..

ED 55 and ED 80 in the 11.25oz and the Nashville 14oz amongst some dot and camo chinos and pattern and denim shirts..

Roll through, should be on the shelves by tomorrow i'd say.

so dope.

• 2 months later...

i dont suppose there would be any dudes from here in perth?

I was there like a year and a half ago. But I suppose that doesn't help. I knew a few stores carry Edwin and a store that had Imperials on sale, but again, a year and a half ago.

I was there like a year and a half ago. But I suppose that doesn't help. I knew a few stores carry Edwin and a store that had Imperials on sale, but again, a year and a half ago.

nah, there isn't much in perth compared to sydney or melb. was asking in general cause i'm gonna be back for a week and though there might be a chance for meetups.

• 1 year later...

illest - sorry dude but your local options are what they are, and no amount of aussies on this forum is gonna change that. i don't like it either but that's the way it is unless you open your own store.

Denim trends come and go. In Sydney Chino's have dominated the market for the last few years. Denim is slowly returning.

Im actually opening a store on George Street in Sydney. 

Im stocking a couple of denim brands 3sixteen, Orslow and TCB denim 

Web shop is up now check it out.

http://www.bigtroublestore.com

Good luck with the store... "Catagories" on the web page should read  "Categories"

Don't know if CoRLection has been mentioned in this thread, but that's the only place in Australia I buy anything denim-related (Sydney, here).  I think there's a Melbourne store now, too, and postage is free within Australia.

Earlier this year I walked into a nudies store in melbourne " Paris end " , they had a great range .

George's Cary a dismal range of N&F .

Iv seen Edwin's on Chappel street .