Australians where do you buy your jeans online?

illest.

I have been interested in raw denim for years now but I can't find many stores locally that sell a wide variety of quality japanese denim, any help would be appreciated. The only place here is RHD for me in Adelaide.

what is wrong with rhd? flathead, samurai, momotaro, real japan blue, tellason, sugar cane - basically the only top-tier label they don't carry is iron heart. its incredible that such a store in australia even exists, and its in adelaide of all places. if they really don't have what you want, just order from self edge or big. saying that, rhd is one of the few stores in the country that i will always try and support.

Edited by conqueror

Corlection in Sydney sells Strike Gold, Pure Blue Japan, Momotaro, Japan Blue, Levi's. Half-Sleeve in Sydney sells Imperial.

That's about all i know of.

Thanks man , im trying to look for imperials.

what is wrong with rhd? flathead, samurai, momotaro, real japan blue, tellason, sugar cane - basically the only top-tier label they don't carry is iron heart. its incredible that such a store in australia even exists, and its in adelaide of all places. if they really don't have what you want, just order from self edge or big. saying that, rhd is one of the few stores in the country that i will always try and support.

big? i do often buy my jeans at rhd, they are a bunch of chilled guys but im kind of regretting not getting the imperials a yr ago.....now I can't find them anywhere.

Aussie pride... unfortunately in Melbourne theres basically nothing decent in the city at all. There might be nudies in myer/david jones but Japanese denim.... fargetabouteeet. I even had to buy my imperials (aussie brand) from selfedge (USA) lol. They were avaliable from alloftheabove in Fitzroy but no longer.. for Japanese denim I just use Sutocorp...

Aussie pride... unfortunately in Melbourne theres basically nothing decent in the city at all. There might be nudies in myer/david jones but Japanese denim.... fargetabouteeet. I even had to buy my imperials (aussie brand) from selfedge (USA) lol. They were avaliable from alloftheabove in Fitzroy but no longer.. for Japanese denim I just use Sutocorp...

yeah agreed, was thinking about using rakuten.

What about in Melbourne ? Any Japanese jeans ? Address & contact ?

No idea where you can find Japanese jeans, but you can find other stuff like n&f, dior, left field, lvc, edwin, indigofera in around Melbourne.

Edited by insuo

even though i am not into them, imperials amount of stockists within the country is abysmal.

yerppp for an Australian brand it sure is rare to find in Australia.....

illest - sorry dude but your local options are what they are, and no amount of aussies on this forum is gonna change that. i don't like it either but that's the way it is unless you open your own store.

i hear ya man, f******lol!

It's been so long now since I've last bought a pair of jeans online but most of them are from BiG and SelfEdge (they accept returns for unaltered denim). The exchange rate is favourable for us now as well.

[Melbourne]

Off the top of my head:

-Aoi-T at QV was having Somet sale quite a number of months back

(Not sure if they were getting rid of stock and never restocking again)

-Dakota501: Evisu, LVC, PRPS

-Incu: APC

Edwins are everywhere

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

THANKS XDRIFT !! so far most of the list are outdated. ever since i arrived here, i've done a hunt a few weeks back around Melbourne and this is what i got;

1) Inca, a store at QV Melbourne stocks A.P.Cs, Lees, Levis. All raw.

2) Up There Store, 15 McKillop St. at Lt. Collin st, the sides of Elizabeth St. Not a lot of choice when i went there. They only got Norse Project and some boots.

3) Dakota501 at Chapel St. stock some levis as well iinm,

Checked the japanese tshirt shop at QV, asked the guy over there and he said they did stock some raw japanese denim, but not anymore. He then said that they will stock some pairs during the next season, but not sure on what brands.

Retail stores such as 'That Store' couldn't survive with such a vast range of denim, as most of the population are after style based denim or pre-washed. The majority of denim buyers in Australia won't pay over $200 for a pair with 50% of that market wanting them closer to $99.

So when bringing in denim from Japan with a RRP of over $300 you are not going to find many buyers.

You will find brands like Levis, PRPS & Nudie in GP, but I doubt they will keep stocking high numbers of raw.

We might see some more brands coming up soon but to keep at a cheap price point you wont be seeing Turkish or Japanese denim of a high quality.

If in melbourne your best bet is online for Japanese based brands, and if you are after APC, or Levis support Incu and buy from there.