Henceforth you shall be known as Darth... Wooster

#123 Spaghettini

Spaghettini

superpasta

• PipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:53 AM

oh word?

"howtotalktogirlsatparties said: Right, because when these SuFu dudes are bitching on the internet about how Agyesh is dressing, Agyesh IS RUNNING PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT FOR A MAJOR MENSWEAR BRAND. Will you let me indulge myself for one second - SMFH."

Posted Image

#124 dovo

dovo

superbored

• Pip
  • 1,416 posts
  • attitude:spaced out
  • wish i was in:the internet again

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:42 AM

Wait a minute. Have you seen the harlots these mofos pull?!

Fuck that, someone proxy me a J Crew catalog. worn pages are preferred since I'm vintage everything now.

#125 mapclub

mapclub

superbored

• Pip
  • 619 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:25 AM

i wasn't going to post but howtotalktogirlsatparties does not make sense.. .

yes sufu is talking about how this du dresses and thats it.. so why is he talking about jobs now? -__-

you could be.. oh.. i don't know.. John Galliano for example... and just because you work at Dior that still would not give your fit a #freepass.

(I guess that explains how some of these blogguers rate these fits though? ..smfh)

(ノ◕o◕)ノ*:

#126 Mixture

Mixture

superbored

• Pip
  • 774 posts
  • style:exotic
  • attitude:chilled

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:31 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#127 mago_san_2d_god

mago_san_2d_god

superbored

• Pip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

Posted Image

#128 YoungM

YoungM

semibored

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:01 AM

I, for the most part, couldn't care less what other people are wearing, but fuck, the "clothing=character" thing is obnoxious. Worst offender on my dashboard is Mostexterent, who seems like a good guy, but fuck referring to some jawnz as Grown Man Style and acting all goddamned holier than thou.

Also, complaining about people being dressed by the internets. Or normal people dressing poorly. Serious pet peeves.

Finally, I only use the word fashion ironically, and I'll never, ever comment seriously on what is popular "this season".

#129 burgeoise

burgeoise

bored

• Pip
  • 79 posts
  • style:none
  • attitude:obsessed
  • denim:size 28

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:14 AM

Wait a minute. Have you seen the harlots these mofos pull?!

Fuck that, someone proxy me a J Crew catalog. worn pages are preferred since I'm vintage everything now.

Best thing: dovo neg repped himself.
bout to counteract it.
hard to be humble when you're stuntin' on a forumtron

#130 bryanayrb

bryanayrb

superjunkie

• PipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • style:oriental

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

i wasn't going to post but howtotalktogirlsatparties does not make sense.. .

yes sufu is talking about how this du dresses and thats it.. so why is he talking about jobs now? -__-

you could be.. oh.. i don't know.. John Galliano for example... and just because you work at Dior that still would not give your fit a #freepass.

(I guess that explains how some of these blogguers rate these fits though? ..smfh)

u realize this is the backbone of internet arguments anyway. everything turns into who has higher income, more bitches and a better job.

#131 Nov Spur

Nov Spur

superbored

• Pip
  • 711 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

I have a giant dick and no opinion on this matter, does that mean I win? I am now king of the internets. When is my coronation?

#132 Ol_Dirty_Btard

Ol_Dirty_Btard

semibored

• Pip
  • 452 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

Hey im a menswear bloggeur i buy 50 dollar loafers and wear chinos that my mom made me and i slap on some obscure urbanoutffiters menswear department name on it on my blawg and get 500 notes lolz u mad dawg?

#133 redX

redX

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

D:

"man mouth on pussy" edmond

#134 SilkyJohnson

SilkyJohnson

post rank

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • attitude:hater

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

This is the most shameful, weak, and feeble display of hating I have ever seen. If we're going to examine their failures and mistakes as human beings, we must go much farther than accusing them of playing dress up. There are much better targets. FOR EXAMPLE:

Posted ImagePosted Image
This cat does stunts for alicia keyes in gay movies.

Posted Image
I believe they call this man "McNasty," but his name really should be "Mc-I-lick-your-soles-as-I-hide-under-the-stairs."
Posted Image
Speaking of creepiness, the man from "A Continuous Lean" should rename his blog to the "A Continuous Neck." I won't even touch on the other one.

Posted Image
I have never seen three men so uncomfortable looking in my life outside of the movie "Deliverance" after the rape scene. The man in the center appears to be the one who squeeled like a pig.

Edited by SilkyJohnson, 31 January 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#135 Egpt

Egpt

postwhore

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

i'm all for hating, but that didn't even remotely made sense. It was not even funny in a farfetched senseless way, it was just extremely mediocre and embarrassing. Good thing you weren't so sure yourself of how well it would be received by the board and you registered a ghost account to share it so it didn't stain (more) your main, most likely mediocre too, real account, so i give you a little respect for having something deep down in your guts that has some sense.

#136 Carlos Chavez

Carlos Chavez

post rank

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

I, for the most part, couldn't care less what other people are wearing, but fuck, the "clothing=character" thing is obnoxious. Worst offender on my dashboard is Mostexterent, who seems like a good guy, but fuck referring to some jawnz as Grown Man Style and acting all goddamned holier than thou.

Yes.

#137 StrangeLove

StrangeLove

semibored

• Pip
  • 833 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

but but but #menswear ! My mother approves of my #menswear.

Edited by StrangeLove, 31 January 2012 - 05:11 PM.

i hate you because you resemble an ape. why don't you go rob a store, have 10 kids with 10 different mothers, sell drugs, and be a loud educated self that you are.

#138 mrip

mrip

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts
  • style:cosplay
  • attitude:hater
  • denim:size 32

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

i dont understand anything anyone has posted in this thread

#139 Guest_Methimphibian_*

Guest_Methimphibian_*

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Posted Image

someone please ID the boots in the background?

#140 littlemike

littlemike

semibored

• Pip
  • 757 posts
  • biography:Young, dumb, lookin' in the mirror trying to figure out who I'm gonna be this year.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

isn't that nico? i think he has an account here, not sure what his username is. could ask him on tumblr too http://nickelcobalt.tumblr.com/

wtb: pbj xx-013 sz 28/29

#141 Desi

Desi

superveryjunkie

• PipPip
  • 2,298 posts
  • biography:peasant
  • talents:Smiling

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

I did chuckle at the licking the bottom of your shoes part.

#142 homi29

homi29

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

If you live in any major metropolitian area you know that certain trends have gone way too far and people aren't putting any thought into how they consume. The idea of craft or quality being the reason for purchasing is simply burying the truth that kids want to fit in and thats exactly what this menswear shit is capitalizing on. In general this site should be for those who have want to share a greater understanding of style and self-expression so I'm just pointing out that is far more invaluable than purchasing to fit a 'check' list of whats in.

I appreciate good design and craftsmanship as much as anyone else. I still have a great affinity for Japanese denim brands because they truly pour effort into craftsmanship and not promotion. Isn't this just a repeat of what Japanese repro and vintage stores have done for decades only not as well?

Fact is , shopping in New York and online has become boring as fuck and all the shops are putting forth the same safe buys and trends.

Edited by homi29, 31 January 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#143 PissJug

PissJug

bored

• Pip
  • 86 posts
  • attitude:obnoxious

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

someone please ID the boots in the background?

Mark McNairy for Très Bien Shop Cap Toe boot

#144 hugoagassi

hugoagassi

semibored

• Pip
  • 255 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

Posted Image

#145 Stacks

Stacks

superbored

• Pip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

obvious trend is obvious? all i see is a bunch of people trying too hard (and failing).

Edited by Stacks, 31 January 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#146 e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5

rayman 64

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts
  • style:none
  • attitude:none

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

this thread just makes me wanna watch suge knight youtube vids now...

#147 ninetynine

ninetynine

super99

• PipPipPip
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

They all have these sexually frustrated looks on their faces.

I can't tell if it's because they're closet homosexuals or because no woman in their right mind would have sex with a guy wearing jeans and a bow tie.

#148 pieiskewl

pieiskewl

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:34 PM

dressing out of nostalgia for an era you never lived in
that's how this happened
and take ivy was the catalyst
i can't think of a worse book

this x100000

there is safety in anachronisms i guess

smh at all these people, there is tons of cool shit going on right now. why wouldn't you want to dress like you are in the year 2012? dressing like past styles that were more constrained gender roles is not liberating at all and does nothing to advance men's fashion, if anything it does the opposite. there is merit in revisiting the past but dressing like you are a coal miner is the fashion equivalent of ludditism imo and i can't really get behind ludditism

these #menswear dudes are chumps, i get wearin stupid shit like that to pull girls but really these dudes never questioned shit just did everything they were told. think something is good because they were told it is not because they actually think that. men's fashion needs to advance and a retreat to the safety of sportscoats and boatshoes is not the answer nor is slightly modifying this shit to just fit in with trending patterns or prints. where is the originality? i wanna see something new, not something that is a replica. if you wearing this shit to feel like you are that persona or something maybe you should just play the persona videogame series rather than buying some shithead clothes. fuck wasps, fuck wasp tradition. fuck trying to be a wasp. i'm not landed gentry and i'm not trying to look like i'm in the aristocracy. fuck victorian era conceptions of what is 'proper' or 'sophisticated' or 'right' the victorians can eat a dick

Edited by pieiskewl, 01 February 2012 - 02:18 AM.

sup satan kill me now

#149 avout

avout

post rank

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • style:tropical
  • attitude:chilled

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

pretty soon this trend will go and people will be hating on tech ninja, give it time.

"...Our best analyst thinks it's not a tactical design. Something for mall ninjas."
"For what?"
"The new Mitty demographic."
"I'm lost."
"Young men who dress to feel they'll be mistaken for having special capability. A species of cosplay, really. Endemic. Lots of boys are playing soldier now. The men who run the world aren't, and neither are the boys most effectively bent on running it next. Or the ones who're actually having to be soldiers, of course. But many of the rest have gone gear-queer, to one extent or another."
"Gear-queer?"
Bigend's teeth showed. "We had a team of cultural anthropologists interview American soldiers returning from Iraq. That's where we first heard it. It's not wholly derogatory, mind you. There are actual professionals who genuinely require these things -- some of them, anyway. Though they generally seem far less fascinated with them. But it's that fascination that interests us, of course."
"It is?"
"It's an obsession with the idea not just of the right stuff, but of the special stuff. Equipment fetishism. The costume and semiotics of achingly elite police and military units. Intense desire to possess same, of course, and in turn to be associated with that world. With its competence, its cocksure exclusivity."
"Sounds like fashion, to me."
"Exactly. Pants, but only just the right ones. We could never have engineered so powerful a locus of consumer desire. It's like sex in a bottle."
"Not for me."
"You're female."
"They want to be soldiers?"
"Not to be. To self-identify as. However secretly. To imagine they may be mistaken for, or at least associated with. Virtually none of these products will ever be used for anything remotely like what they were designed for. Of course that's true of most of the contents of your traditional army-navy store. Whole universes of wistful male fantasy in those places. But the level of consumer motivation we're seeing, the fact that these are often what amounts to luxury goods, and priced accordingly. That's new. I felt like a neurosurgeon, when this was brought to my attention, discovering a patient whose nervous system is congenitally and fully exposed. It's just so nakedly obvious. Fantastic, really."

^ From William Gibson's "Zero History".

Edited by avout, 31 January 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#150 pieiskewl

pieiskewl

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

buy a lifestyle!!!! now you too can be a popular conception!!!!! it's just like you imagined!!!!

Edited by pieiskewl, 01 February 2012 - 12:42 AM.

sup satan kill me now