Rustler Jeans Contest. Stomp Comp 2012

thecolosseum

As promised here are my friends.He arrived late at my house so we took some pictures in the garage...hopefully within the next week we can post some better pictures outdoors.

6774010113_d621a08f12.jpg

DSC_0211 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr

6774005863_7274c36311.jpg

DSC_0206 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr

6774008031_91b006eca6.jpg

DSC_0207 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr

6774012147_2e44239e4f.jpg

DSC_0213 by Mr.JohnCinyo, on Flickr

Edited by thecolosseum

no size below 30, there goes most of sufu

i'll play along here with some old stock department store jeans. no branding at all, but same basic shit as 80s wrangler/rustler/maverick stuff. fit pic tomorrow.

edit: keeping with this, definitely like the idea of making this into a sub-$30/whatever-you-want contest

but OP, if you wanna do rustler only, it's your call

Edited by brightbill

heh. Good old sufu--dudes asking questions about denim texture and fit on a pair of jeans that they could just go to Wal-mart and try on.

I have a pair that I cut into shorts, and they're fading alright. I can post a picture or two later today if you guys are interested.

I do have a pair of 70s Wrangler Flares I picked up deadstock w/tags for 8 bucks. They're cool to have because of the history, their nwt state, and the "Wrandom" broken twill...but it would be damn near parody to wear them haha

edit: keeping with this, definitely like the idea of making this into a sub-$30/whatever-you-want contest

but OP, if you wanna do rustler only, it's your call

I know Wrangler has a few pairs like the 936/13MWZ which are actually fairly decent weight denim. I think some of the rigid wrangler jeans have actually been thrown around on the forum at various points in time, although I don't know if anyone here has ever had the dedication to wear them for long.

Edited by Curious_George

All the Rustler wearing farmer's, construction workers etc. I've seen have fades that often outshine pairs on here...

the nicest fades (to me) i've ever seen in person were a pair of rustlers worn by a construction worker on my jobsite last summer. i rememer heading straight back to the office and looking up the rustler website to try and figure out what he had on. my dads old sears toughskins that i used to make fun of as a kid were (looking back) incredible also. i remember he said he wore them because they were cotton/polyester/nylon and he could get 6 months of life out of em on the farm.

rip dad. you were cool in ways i couldn't comprehend. :)

do this contest.

please.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I’m in. I was farting around on the web and came across this forum. I’ve been in the Rock-A-Billy scene for about 20 years and have been wearing Rustlers just about the whole time. I would buy them for $9.99 on sale and wear em about 3 to 6 months and when they got stinky, wash em and donate em to a thrift store. Then I recently discovered soaking. Now I have three pairs. I got all three during this last xmas. I have one pare that I only wear on special occasions. Dinners etc. they stay super crispy and will never be washed as i only wear em once a month at night. The second pair I wear daily. I wear a suit to my 9 to 5 but other than that I’m in them. They are 6 weeks old and I just soaked em in the tub 1 hr and rinse 10 min and lined dried all while inside out. My third pair will be soaked as needed. Theses are warn for working around the house, camping, bbq competitons etc. and generally getting trashed. I’ll post picts of all three in the near future.

Edited by Tri Tip

heh. Good old sufu--dudes asking questions about denim texture and fit on a pair of jeans that they could just go to Wal-mart and try on.

I have a pair that I cut into shorts, and they're fading alright. I can post a picture or two later today if you guys are interested.

+1

Ok I’m in. I was farting around on the web and came across this forum. I’ve been in the Rock-A-Billy scene for about 20 years and have been wearing Rustlers just about the whole time. I would buy them for $9.99 on sale and wear em about 3 to 6 months and when they got stinky, wash em and donate em to a thrift store. Then I recently discovered soaking. Now I have three pairs. I got all three during this last xmas. I have one pare that I only wear on special occasions. Dinners etc. they stay super crispy and will never be washed as i only wear em once a month at night. The second pair I wear daily. I wear a suit to my 9 to 5 but other than that I’m in them. They are 6 weeks old and I just soaked em in the tub 1 hr and rinse 10 min and lined dried all while inside out. My third pair will be soaked as needed. Theses are warn for working around the house, camping, bbq competitons etc. and generally getting trashed. I’ll post picts of all three in the near future.

You have a pair of $10 jeans that you save for special occasions! These are hard times indeed...

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

got a new pair about 6 months ago. not religious about them, i wash them about once a month. but i will say this, i wear them the most cuz i dont give a shit about $10 jeans and they hold up really well. most them fashion shits blow up in about a year or so. the last pair of rustlers i had held together for years.

photo13_zps9ffdec92.jpg

I 've got few pair of levis stf non selvedge made in Mexico. do you think that they are made from same material ? the levis was bought in the penny.

Edited by Xstan

do i smell a walmart proxy? :)

rustler denim feels heavier than levis stf for whatever thats worth. but theyre cut kinda frumpy which i like. dont expect to size down in hopes of looking hip, it wont help.