Levi's Vintage Clothing

I have my rigid sawtooth for about a year now (the "1955" one, right?) and I didn't wear it hard and also washed it several times, but nothing really happened besides it losing the sheen it had when brand new and the denim getting a bit softer. I even tried stark on the arms to help the creases settle in. What rubs me the wrong way a bit is the sizing on that shirt, it's overly long IMO. The shoulders fit fine though so sizing down isn't an option for me. It's ok as an overshirt I guess.

I did see one of these on eBay recently though with real high contrast elbow fades. Can't imagine how that must've smelled :D Maybe I just sweat too much but I could never wear a shirt without washing every two or three wears.

Well I'll just have to say that I probably sweat more than you guys then, since I sweat through T-Shirts into the overshirt.  :ph34r:

And yeah, I didn't really try to get high contrast shirt fades anyways. Otherwise I just would've bought some Febreeze :D

@cucoo I'm with you about he length of the rigid ST, the small (my normal size) I had for a couple years always felt too long for me, which is why I needed to special order an XS for this seasons. I find the whole "western wear"/longhorn range to run pretty long compared to other LVC products, like the short horn.

years ago I had to give a bunch of longhorn ST flannels away to my taller bro because Im not a tucker and I just couldn't deal. now that I've sized down with the rigid ST the fit is immaculate, but surprisingly still fairly long! so sizing down worked great for me but for you and I'm sure for many that's out of the question.

Also, just a note, I get that the 1 pkt sunset is meant to be worn pretty big, but I could have sized down yet another size on that one (from my normal small to likely non-existent xxs) and still retain the fuller workwear style cut.

Yeah, I get that the "long tail" is because it's intended to be worn tucked in. I do that with lots of shirts and normally I can deal with that, but something about the LVC sawtooth makes tucking it in look ridiculous (on me), probably because it's not a very tailored fit.

I wonder if they've changed the sizing on these to make them bigger and taller.  I bought an XXL three or four years ago, and I hardly wear it.  Very slim fitting, and too short to tuck in.  Usually XL LVC shirts fit me fine, to a little small in the chest.

No, I think mine's made in Portugal. It doesn't have that little "Made in the USA" tag that my LVC "Double Trouble" chambray western had.

Why, are there substantial differences in fit?

I don't know.

I haven't had a chance to compare the two.

Also not sure, if the denim is any different.

These are from 2010 season i think. i recently checked out the newer season '47 at LVC shop and interestingly the denim doesn't seem as grainy/slubby. could be the pre-post soak/wear difference though.

I have a pair from 2006 that are really worn in, and a raw pair from 2007. I can assure you that the denim on the newest 1947s is different now, than either of those jeans. It's not supposed to be, but the new ones almost look sanforized, they're so flat.

Yours are turning out great!

They are very nice DhaDha. You really are a denim beater. I hardly have any fades on my old '47s that only have a little less weartime. 

Thank you! the real denim beater though, is the tropical weather. 

Love the vintage look of them (even if you developped crazy combs for that denim).

oh man coming from king of the crazy comb himself i am flattered haha!

Very nice pair DhaDha!

thank you!

Great 47's I love Cone Denim, I'd buy LVC if the price was a bit more realistic

buy on sale man, they can be had for about half prize on a good day. then they are worth it. 

I have a pair from 2006 that are really worn in, and a raw pair from 2007. I can assure you that the denim on the newest 1947s is different now, than either of those jeans. It's not supposed to be, but the new ones almost look sanforized, they're so flat.

Yours are turning out great!

oh that confirms it then. do you think the denim on these are is similar to the '06, '07 pairs you have? it's just sad they LVC seems to have gone downhill as of late. way back when it appeared they had a good premise going on. i guess profit trumps all. shame, Levi's is the first clothing brand i have any affection towards even as a kid, and now i don't know where to direct that towards (well, without having to spend $$$ that i do not have on the real mccoy, the real hardcore deadstock vintage stuff)

Gorgeous them 47's

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.triplepundit.com/2015/01/can-levi-strauss-create-sustainability-race-top-supply-chain/

"In partnership with the World Bank, Levi’s has developed a program to pay suppliers based on their labor practices. The goal is to help smaller suppliers remain competitive without relying on slave labor to drive prices down."

What do you all think about this? I feel as though if this program was successful, and could be properly implemented on a large scale, it could both sharply decrease the use of slave labor and lead to fairer wages for small-scale producers across the garment industry. However, given Levi's track record of corporate responsibility (summarized at the bottom of the article), not to mention that of the World Bank (although it has done many great things in addition to its really awful ones), I can't help but be a bit skeptical. Either way, it will be really interesting to see the ramifications of this program for the industry as a whole, especially if more manufacturers begin to voluntarily sign on.

Also wanted to document the two type 3's I bought at the flea a while back. These were so rusted out and beat, I just had to!

16489305416_a362c4b9fc_c.jpg
Seller unfortunately wrote the price on the tag but all good..Yup, $30:
16515317615_a3f16cf47c_c.jpg
15892745004_17b1ce2879_c.jpg
15892744294_666066da26_c.jpg
16513594901_941cea5837_c.jpg

As well as this jacket in fairer condition (same price):
15895142973_83395dedfa_c.jpg
16329410417_7e7fcb93e2_c.jpg
15892742904_e68da12394_c.jpg

Some day I'll have to get my other spoils up, but this will do for now!