]4797426357_6fd4567559_o.jpg

Longshot.jpg

4798056460_a374efdf08_o.jpg

label.jpg

4798056502_23273f7aff_o.jpg

placket.jpg

4798056558_eecaa8877d_o.jpg

rivet.jpg

As mentioned before, they've done a great job, most of all with the fabric; the leather tag is lower on the repro. I know they've used several different rivets on the earlier repros, my old '1873' matural indigo pants had chunkier, slightly more authentic rivets - but at least on this repro you have all the fun of attacking them with a hammer.

My mate Gerald The Scissors came around wednesday, I wibbled on so much about the cotton duck gear that he bought the pullover and the pants from cinch yesterday. I sahll try and post pics of him in his cotton duck uniform as soon as poss...

Edit THe one thing that does seem different is the length. From comparing the length compared to the breast pockets, looks as if they have made the arms longer, which makes sense.

Thanks Paul,

Now if you can just rearrange your shirt, photograph it in a glass case and repost your pics, then we can have a meaningful comparison ;)

All I have to say is that roy6 is a slacker and not dedicated to LVC. How can you live in San Francisco, "Levis Country," for so long (you have lived there a long time right?) and not visit the Vault at the Levis headquarters. This is a gross dereliction of duty.

All I have to say is that roy6 is a slacker and not dedicated to LVC. How can you live in San Francisco, "Levis Country," for so long (you have lived there a long time right?) and not visit the Vault at the Levis headquarters. This is a gross dereliction of duty.

Finally, the ringing voice of dissenting truth, keeping me firmly grounded on earth. My John Paul Stevens. Or Iago?

Thanks all, It actually was a real pleasure to take all those pic. I had no idea it was all there, for just anyone to wander in and drool on the glass over.

PaulT- I love it when your deadlines pass.

PaulT- I love it when your deadlines pass.

I've just retaken the rivet photo for the third time. If you keep reloading the page and empty the cache you might notice the new version has a greater depth of field and gives a better impression of the stitching. It's important to get these things right.

I've just retaken the rivet photo for the third time. If you keep reloading the page and empty the cache you might notice the new version has a greater depth of field and gives a better impression of the stitching. It's important to get these things right.

He speaks the truth. I don't know how many photos I take of my jeans and after all the unacceptable pics have been weeded out, I may have 4 or 5 good ones.

I also noticed a couple of things this morning about the duck popover-

The vault one looks to be the exact same one that was in Boon vintage in the '90s, that I posted here when you (Paul) first posted pics of your duck. Check the leather tags.

Also, look at how the front pockets used the selvage edge for the inner pocket sides. Even though the fabric is folded over and sewn, you can see the black selvage line just by the stitching. Impressive that LVC got that little detail just right.

I also noticed a couple of things this morning about the duck popover-

The vault one looks to be the exact same one that was in Boon vintage in the '90s, that I posted here when you (Paul) first posted pics of your duck. Check the leather tags.

Also, look at how the front pockets used the selvage edge for the inner pocket sides. Even though the fabric is folded over and sewn, you can see the black selvage line just by the stitching. Impressive that LVC got that little detail just right.

This detail was also reproduced on the 555 duck stuff

FILEONE019.jpg

Hey Paul wondering if you received those pictures I sent you?

@Sansome1877

Hi mike, great pics, many thanks (cant +rep you again so soon)

On the subject of whether or not they are levis - are there stamped rivets or embossed buttons found with these items? How else do you tell that they were defo Levis and not a competitve brand?

(apologies for the tedium..)

:)

I found that Levi didn't stamp the rivets in the first few months and sometimes they stamped only on one side. Two out of the three posted

have stamped rivets. Note that first year Levi's have a yolk that overlaps. The cut off piece that look like shorts date to 1874. Note how small the patch would have been.

evolution_of_steve_jobs_fashion.jpg

Maybe he's not identifying with Levis. Maybe he's just incapable of dressing differently. He really mixed it up in 2001, didn't he.

evolution_of_steve_jobs_fashion.jpg

Maybe he's not identifying with Levis. Maybe he's just incapable of dressing differently. He really mixed it up in 2001, didn't he.

excellent one!

man, he must of really felt of out place in 2001 and 2009!

I had a prof in college that wore a blue oxford, khaki's, brown shoes and a brown belt... for 4 years.

He must use all of his "innovation" on his products and not his personal life....

Maybe the wrist cuff and front pocket.

This detail was also reproduced on the 555 duck stuff

FILEONE019.jpg

Maybe the wrist cuff and front pocket.

That seems right- I went back and looked at Dr_Heech's pics of his 555 duck jacket. I'd forgotten they were solid cuffs, no buttons. I like the angled black selvedge line.

The original duck popover cuff:

4800811184_cc381a0e8c_o.jpg

Sansome1877,

I don't know if this has been brought up already, but on a non-LVC related matter, I saw that you are going to have a book release party at Rising Sun in Pasadena. I may have to make the small trip down that weekend.

I also saw there was some "Dead Grass" reproductions made by Rising Sun. Do you care to elaborate on what those are? Very interesting.

I haven't formerly thanked you for your contributions to sufu. We have been sorely lacking of credible authors on this site. There is another self-proclaimed expert lurking around these parts. You should watch out for him. He tends to throw out a lot of industry connections... Haha. A real name dropper.

I'm not writing a book so name dropping is OK right? I just stopped in to the Filson factory to check on the Levi collaboration. The first round of production finished last week with more next week. I tried to finagle some picture taking of production, but that was a no go. Getting permission from two separate corporate entities takes more pull that I've got. It seems to be all Levis show though. The guys at Filson don't know much about how it will all go (marketing, retailing etc.). They didn't even know if the Filson showroom will get any (Blackbird and some others were possibilities). It's interesting that with all the recent collaborations with Filson (Vans, etc.) they don't seem to understand why they keep getting approached for them. Considering after the buy-out, it's a biggie from Ralph Lauren at the helm. The idea had originaly been, get Filson out of the camp and farm supply stores and into Nordstroms (along with a bunch of Chinese and Mexican imports under F's label). They seem to find it hard to get their head around the fact that people (even the young folks) will pay real dough for uncompromised quality and heritage. They let on that alot of Japanese tourists come specifically to the factory to buy their super USA clothes. I did find that there will supposedly be a S/S collection later on as well, with a Cone denim cruiser jacket in the works.

Also thank you for the sudden influx of great dope Sansome. If I could figure out this rep thing, it'd be yours.

Next to the post you want to rep there is a little green grid to left of the post (right to the left of the little exclamation mark). Click on it and a little rep dialog should pop up.

Next to the post you want to rep there is a little green grid to left of the post (right to the left of the little exclamation mark). Click on it and a little rep dialog should pop up.

It doesn't do anything, and I get an error on page message down in the corner.