Levi's Vintage Clothing

Never seen any thing like this before, I would like to see pictures of this pant.

Do they claim to be Levi's?? I have the oldest Neustadter standard pant with two by one fabric, it has no yoke. (I have seen a lot of bleached denim that I often mistake for duck fabric).

Here are the recent 1873 duck pants without a yoke:

1873back.jpg

stopped at the Rose Bowl Flea market yesterday and saw a lot of Levis. I didn't have time to look at everything, but did see a few jeans I would have bought if they were not so expensive.

I did find a lady selling some Thia 201's for $80... with the 501 stamped front button...

Cinches seemed to have been a major design failure.

It was something that worked perfectly if used in union with braces/suspenders.

You have to take into account that the men who wore these, really took them to beyond the normal realms of modern use. Every bit of the jean was probably recycled in the mines, apart from these pieces.

The fact that the waistbands are still fairly intact is a testament to their their original design, I'd say.

BTW, I sometimes wear my 1915 201's with just the cinch, or if I'm really brave (not very often) then I'll wear with the braces.

I used to like cinch design jeans but with early Levi's 201XX '37 LVC, the cut was not really fits me as the back pockets were too high for my liking. The denim was nice. I think 501XXc LVC is better but it's quite rare repros.

I used to like cinch design jeans but with early Levi's 201XX '37 LVC, the cut was not really fits me as the back pockets were too high for my liking. The denim was nice. I think 501XXc LVC is better but it's quite rare repros.

The 1937 201xx was an amalgemation of several models, and also notoriously undersized. They shrank masses too!

I'm torn on the direction that LVC is taking. If the price goes up as much as some of you have guessed, I doubt I'll buy much. But right now I'm really pleased with the availability, both locally in brick and mortar, and online. I've been able to pick up a few pieces on sale, a rarity in the past. Also, the fit of the shirts suits me ideally.

img0903pb.jpg

...where do you find that sunset shirt in the US? That's the one I'm after.

I have finally found my stack of LVC swing tags/catalogues - If anyone wants me to photograph any of them, just let me know. The ones I have are;

201 No 2 Denim booklet

Fall Winter 2002

Fall 2003

Spring 2004

Fall Winter 2004

Spring Summer 2005 (I have three copies of this if anyone desperately needs it to finish a collection)

I also have the "This is a pair of Levi's" tag of the back of a pair of jeans, but I'm sure that has been posted here before...

desu

...where do you find that sunset shirt in the US? That's the one I'm after.

I believe that union made joint in San Francisco has that shirt or at least they did have it at one point.

I have finally found my stack of LVC swing tags/catalogues - If anyone wants me to photograph any of them, just let me know. The ones I have are;

201 No 2 Denim booklet

Fall Winter 2002

Fall 2003

Spring 2004

Fall Winter 2004

Spring Summer 2005 (I have three copies of this if anyone desperately needs it to finish a collection)

I also have the "This is a pair of Levi's" tag of the back of a pair of jeans, but I'm sure that has been posted here before...

desu

Yeah, post'm up.

Ya, I saw that...was all set to buy them and then realized through some sizing advice on other sites that an XL is only a 44 chest and I'm more a 48. I guess these are sized similar to most Japanese brands.

Are all their shirts that way? I would assume a true reproduction shirt would be similar in sizing specs to the original. I can't imagine if you bought one of those Sunset shirts in the 1920's, that the XL would actually be a 44 chest but I'm just taking a guess there. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

Considering the recent price hike the one wash 47s and 66s for £139 seem OK.

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/levi-vintage-1966-501-jean.html

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/levi-s-vintage/levi-vintage-1947-501-jean.html

Fortunately I stocked up on a cone 47 a couple of months ago.

I have got my eye on this 40s fishermans jacket from AW10.

70402000101.jpg

Hey Rob, good to see you posting. That jacket looks interesting, cant see the details - from which site did you get that?

The arcs (for want of a better word) are so lame on those 66's compared to originals: Almost flat.

And Thomas K is right about those 47's, there's something not right.

Thanks gentlemen. Yeah, they put a lot of tags on 'em, this is my favourite:

dsci0533s.jpg

Great pair. Fortunately they are a bit smaller than I thought so I'm sure they'll fit great after a soak (true size 32, tagged 32, measured nearly 33).

The 1st button seemed a bit loose (turns), but I put all my hate ;) in my thumb and index finger and squeezed it together, now it's fixed hopefully.