Levi's Vintage Clothing

I'm always wondering why spin cycling is a problem. I skip it too most times, just to be on the safe side. My machine allows different spin cycle speeds, meanwhile I'm sure that slower speeds won't do anything bad. And btw, what's so bad about some vertical creases? Isn't it part of the progress? Wabisabi for the win...:-)

Other way (if you prefer a real gentle drying of your denim) is to take them out of the machine wet and roll 'em in a big towel, squeeze the water out and leave them hang drying.

The little vertical dryer fades bother me not sure why. I can remember noticing them on my Levi's back in the early 80's right before pre-washed took over the world.

question to Roy6 about the hunting jacket; what size did you get and how does it compare to your usual size? is it sized small or normal? Im usually a size small in Levis tops but can t find size small ,the measurements for size medium (38) are pretty small though...

Awesome! Nice fit Mistral. Try another soak in a week. What inseam did you get on those?

I just dropped these babies into the washing machine, 40 degrees, delicate wash program. Hopefully they have shrunk more. The inseam was shorter after the wash I reckon.

anyone want to help me out with figuring out what these are?

dscf5768.jpg

top button looks almost exactly the same as the one on my 33 lvcs

dscf5769.jpg

90s style arcs with circle r on the tab

dscf5771.jpg

made in usa... strange wash instructions

dscf5772w.jpg

dscf5773.jpg

copper rivets, 90s style

dscf5776.jpg

redline selvage

dscf5777f.jpg

single stitch hem

dscf5778.jpg

no patch

dscf5779f.jpg

and fit. they are 2" oversized.

dscf5766g.jpg

any help here?

Cheep, I don't recognise them, I don't think theuy're the Capital E, pre-LVC reissues... byt could be wrong, I know there's some on this thread somewhere.

I have seen the "you'd be an idiot to use chlorine bleach' line before, will try & think where.

WPL 423 is Levis Wool Products Label number.

Wool Products Labeling act of 1939

SteelZipper.com piece on WPL:

WPL # or Wool Products Label Number -A Number issued during 1941 -1959 by the Federal Trade Commission to the manufacturer of any wool product as a requirement of the Wool Products Labeling Act. Numbers were issued sequentially starting with 00101 (now referred to as 101) to and ending with 13699. This system was merged with the current RN# system that is still used to assign identification number to a garments manufacturer. Companies that were issued WPL number can still use this number to identify the company as the manufacturer of a current garment. For example, Levi Straus still identifies its product with a WPL # 423 on its labels. Therefore, Merely dating a garment based on low WPL# does not mean it is vintage, unless the company went out of business at a known date, which was only state that the garment is at least as old as the date it went out of business. Identifying a WPL# can give a clue to a garments origin, but should not be used to date an item.

question to Roy6 about the hunting jacket; what size did you get and how does it compare to your usual size? is it sized small or normal? Im usually a size small in Levis tops but can t find size small ,the measurements for size medium (38) are pretty small though...

SLAB- i usually wear a size 40 in most tops, and I bought a 40 in the LVC Japan jacket. It fits fine. I don't know if this jacket is preshrunk or not, though, probably the Rakuten site tells, but in Japanese. I'm going to try to never wash it.

Rufio- the type III does have widely cut arms and a slim cut body. At least, vintage & LVC ones do.

WPL 423 is Levis Wool Products Label number.

Wool Products Labeling act of 1939

WHoops. I stand corrected. I am being a bit half-arsed and giving an answer without checking or googling... but I think that WPL might ID a non-LEvis' factory. Anyone else have an opinion?

I am still puzzled by those jeans, but they look cool.

I can't recall exactly what thread it was in (probably the Farinelli's thread). I do know, however, that no details were provided. You'll have to contact Mauro directly I guess.

hey shorty, do you know more? the prize. wich spring bottoms? unwashed?

is it on the lvc thread on style forum ?

If it's pre 1983 she ain't ever interested! She always claims to have no knowledge whatsoever of LVC stuff or other reissues...

quoted for truth. a few weeks ago she told me she couldn't give a shit about LVC and would rather talk about khaki.

lynn downey is one classy gal

Wow. Even thought this is the 502 not the 501 that seems a good price for such a perfect deadstock example. I would've thought someone from Japan will snap it up.

Great view of the leather patch.The type is maybe slightly indented, not too much.

Note the stitching colors: many Japanese copies use a lot of lemon stitching, as it looks prettier, but the majority of late 40s examples I've seen have mostly dark orange stitching like this.

Wish they'd given us a clear view of the left back pocket, though

quoted for truth. a few weeks ago she told me she couldn't give a shit about LVC and would rather talk about khaki.

lynn downey is one classy gal

Yes Lynn is really cool but whats up with Levis? You think LVC would at least consult her on whether they're getting the detail right, wouldn't ya think?

I have a perhaps obvious and noobish question about the inseam length of LVC denim. Most Japanese denim has a long inseam for stacking, cuffing, or hemming. But the overall length does not really change the fit of the denim.

For other types of pants, chinos, etc, the inseam length changes the way that the pants fit. For example a pair of pants with a longer inseam is designed to fit the body of a taller person so the cut of the thigh length and taper are taken into account.

Is this also true for LVC? Would buying a pair with a longer inseam change the fit through the legs?

Yes Lynn is really cool but whats up with Levis? You think LVC would at least consult her on whether they're getting the detail right, wouldn't ya think?

Yeah, 100% agree with you there AF. Levis vintage clothing relies heavily on its' heritage for marketing, so why doesn't it go straight to the source to ensure accuracy (just look at the highly inaccurate 1927 501, which is based on the 'Heath' jean)