A.P.C.

jeepster

his point is.. just wear the jeans!

i dont think anyone has researched the perfect sitting position for optimal sickfadezbro potential.

i think that nobody has researched this because its ridiculous....

First, I would like to say your post is more helpful as it at least explains how you feel, and gives me a chance to clarify. My question was less about what you've researched, and more about your personal experience. Maybe someone has noticed that, for whatever reason, they have had to/feel more comfortable sitting forward or back and have experienced better or worse fades as a result. Another helpful answer would be "I never sat one way or another more particularly often and my whiskers came out great" has that been your experience rockon99 (or anyone else)

Very nice man. How long did you wait until your first wash? Were you conscious of sitting any particular way to get those whiskers?

Waited around 6 months before the first wash. As for sitting in any particular way, I sat like I normally would.

I could confidently say I have worn these jeans at least 1 year and 4 months (give or take a couple of days when I would switch to khakis)

My first APCs (NS) arrived today. Thoughts?

apc_ns.jpg

They are a size 32.

I measured 35" around my waist and usually wear a 33 in pre washed Nudies, Levis etc. so I thought I'd go with a 32.

After a few seconds of struggle I could close the top button - it fits tightly but it isn't uncomfortable (even when sitting) and no pain like some have described in their first days :eek:

Does that mean mine will stretch out to be baggy? I wouldn't want that, especially around the thighs.

Should I return these for a 31? I certainly wouldn't be able to close the top button in those.

Kabukky nice fit , there are a very small room at thigh. It will stretch for sure but won't be that baggy (from your fit pic now). love the fit.

Thanks for your opinion. I kinda like the fit too. I guess my hips are relatively wide so extra fabric around the thighs has always been a problem.

It'd be ok if the fabric stretches for a more relaxed fit, but more like this or this than this.

Also, are there any NS "day 1" to "a few months in" comparison fit pics around? Couldn't find anything but this thread is monstrous to say the least. Any links would be appreciated.

kabukky i could show you my NS, now 8 months in. itll take me a few days to get hold of a camera but could get it done. unfortunately i dont think i have initial fit pics so idk if that would really satisfy your interest.

Could someone clear a few questions up for me please?

I am deciding whether to get petite or new standards, but the size chart is confusing me.

The petite standards supposedly have a slightly larger thigh yet smaller knee, leg opening and rise. (which I want)

I'm 190lbs and 6'1'', my thighs are larger than average, and my actual waist size is slightly above 34. Would I be better off getting the 31 or 32 tag size? and which fit would be my best bet? (I'm going for a really slim look from knee down but more roomy in the thigh)

kabukky i could show you my NS, now 8 months in. itll take me a few days to get hold of a camera but could get it done. unfortunately i dont think i have initial fit pics so idk if that would really satisfy your interest.

Thanks for your offer. Did yours fit similar to mine in the beginning? Pics would be be interesting then I think.

Don't go through any troubles though. I've decided to keep them and will try to post updates here.

A real nice heavy worn in jeans with a lot of character. like worn from a cowboy. Keep go and rock them!!

tumblr_lqik2rSP231qc2nd3o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1314411983&Signature=CyMZz6psKNIh11QeVwkJ%2FhKeMYI%3D

My APC NS'

- 1 year & 4 months

Could someone clear a few questions up for me please?

I am deciding whether to get petite or new standards, but the size chart is confusing me.

The petite standards supposedly have a slightly larger thigh yet smaller knee, leg opening and rise. (which I want)

I'm 190lbs and 6'1'', my thighs are larger than average, and my actual waist size is slightly above 34. Would I be better off getting the 31 or 32 tag size? and which fit would be my best bet? (I'm going for a really slim look from knee down but more roomy in the thigh)

Hey kreativ, ive got similar stats as you do! Ur just a bit taller! I just got my ps' a few months back and they are starting to break in nicely. Im also a 34-35 waist guy..i got the 32 in PS. They were quite hard to move in and button down at first but after a few wears or so, they fit ok. With regards to the calf size, my legs kinda taper also so i decided to get the PS over the NS ( which fit me more in the thigh but slightly loose in the calves which would make the bottom half look messy imo). I hope this helps. I didnt attempt to try the 31..mightve tore them at fitting.

It could be like this. You normally put your wallet in front or back pocket?

Thanks for your opinion. I kinda like the fit too. I guess my hips are relatively wide so extra fabric around the thighs has always been a problem.

It'd be ok if the fabric stretches for a more relaxed fit, but more like this or this than this.

Also, are there any NS "day 1" to "a few months in" comparison fit pics around? Couldn't find anything but this thread is monstrous to say the least. Any links would be appreciated.

Hey PandaDog, thanks for the quick reply! I think I have made my decision based upon your input. Your PS fit looks great! I'm also going with the 32's just because of my height and I want them to rest more on my hips anyways. I'll post pictures once I get them.

^^Seconded on Quon's APC pants!!! Go ahead and rock them a lot more!

BTW: Do you have a full front pic?