A.P.C.

jeepster

im about 5'8 125-130 pounds. i had to pull them down below my hips because they are sooo tight. i had a size 25 that i wore for about 5 months last year until i cut them into shorts -- too short of shorts :-/

so i know they will stretch out and fit snug but comfortably but im just looking for a bit of a more relaxed fit that i can wear slouchy. thanks for the quick response.

let me know if any of you are interested in these for 125 or best offer via paypal.

based on weight alone i wouldn't consider apc to be high quality, not even the made in japan versions. and i've always considered the normal apcs to be dyed too lightly. the supreme version is a lot darker, but based off the stitching and durability so far, i wouldn't consider it high quality. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying them tremendously, but they are of a lower standard in comparison to brands like samurai, iron heart, sling & stones, etc

So I just bought apc new cures size 30 sized down 2 and there to long length wise I usually wear 32 in length so just wondering what I should get them hemmed to?thanks

you hem it to what you think fits right.

I did not hem my PS because I thought the stacking looked good.

On my NS, I didn't think the stacks looked as nice so got them hemmed. I measured from my crotch to my ankles and added like .5-1in caused it just seemed right. Also I knew I needed about a 30 inseam because I have old pairs of pants with a 28in inseam that were too short.

Also cuff them at the desired length first to see if you like it before you start taking of fabric that you can't put back.

You could always just cuff them and never get them hemmed but I personally don't like the cuffed looked

Would you guys recommend hemming before washing? I know usually the answer is a no, but I usually wear an inseam of 29 and they are just way too long the way they are now...

I'm wearing them cuffed right now, but it's a lotta cuff.

I hemmed mine before washing. It didn't really shrink. But thats why I went a little longer incase it did shrink. If you hem after wash your gonna have a line where you rolled up the cuff.

im thinking of buying a pair of apcs soon

and im debating between the PS and the NC

my waist size is around 27-28 and the smallest NC size is 26

apcs are vanity sized though so on context it says its a size 28 true waist

so is tts NC ok or should i size down with PS

and how much?

Thanks!

im thinking of buying a pair of apcs soon

and im debating between the PS and the NC

my waist size is around 27-28 and the smallest NC size is 26

apcs are vanity sized though so on context it says its a size 28 true waist

so is tts NC ok or should i size down with PS

and how much?

Thanks!

Since you're in SoCal, why not go to the APC store and try them on to see what you like more?

I think with the PS you should just get the same size. Since it has a lower rise its gonna sit more on your hips than the NC

PS

17 months

2 ocean washes

1 machine wash

DSC_0129.jpgDSC_0131.jpg

NS

10 months

1 machine wash

DSC_0132.jpgDSC_0133.jpg

i was wondering

how do you make honey combs and wrinkles like this?

i mean thin.

cuz i ve seen some other APC petit pictures

and their fadings were really rough and wild

but i really love this one.

did you wash before you start wearing them?

Have anyone washed before start wearing APCs?

im thinking about getting petit and im thinking about wash once to get rid of the rigid.. stiffness of the jeans.

Have anyone done this? or can anyone give me some advices? :)

(i wanted to post this but i had to wait a week for activation bs

finally!!)

i was wondering

how do you make honey combs and wrinkles like this?

i mean thin.

cuz i ve seen some other APC petit pictures

and their fadings were really rough and wild

but i really love this one.

did you wash before you start wearing them?

It's not about "making" them dude, you just wear the jeans. The fades happen all by themselves

Have anyone washed before start wearing APCs?

im thinking about getting petit and im thinking about wash once to get rid of the rigid.. stiffness of the jeans.

Have anyone done this? or can anyone give me some advices? :)

(i wanted to post this but i had to wait a week for activation bs

finally!!)

and as far as the prewash goes, apc definitely does not need it as they generally don't shrink as they are sanforized.

The stiffness in the jeans is mostly caused by the starch, so if you washed them they would lose a lot of the stiffness. And since the stiffness of the jeans causes a lot of the sharp, crisp fading you said you want, washing them beforehand would likely be a bad idea.

You need the stiffness for the jeans to crease in that really sharp way, if you washed it the fades would not have as much contrast.

and as far as the prewash goes, apc definitely does not need it as they generally don't shrink as they are sanforized.

The stiffness in the jeans is mostly caused by the starch, so if you washed them they would lose a lot of the stiffness. And since the stiffness of the jeans causes a lot of the sharp, crisp fading you said you want, washing them beforehand would likely be a bad idea.

You need the stiffness for the jeans to crease in that really sharp way, if you washed it the fades would not have as much contrast.

thanks but if the jeans are stiff, i think the wash and wrinkles get little wider and wild.. (rough) isnt it?

i had nudie selvedge and i accidentally washed them cuz somebody puked on them, but after washed it, it became kinda soft

but when it faded, the honeycombs got narrower so i loved it.

I love APC fitting but sometimes i think i dont like the fading

because it is too rough and wild

okay and i have a quite big foot (10.5 ~ 11)

and i tried APC petit 29

everything worked good but the leg opening part (not the calves part)

was somewhat narrow and it makes my feet look bigger lol

should i size up or just stick to 29

For the petit, you usually want to size down 2-3 from your true waist size. ie if your true waist is 31, the 29 will be quite snug, and even snugger if your waist is 32. The jeans will stretch a lot, so when you buy them, you should barely be able to do up the top button, and the thighs should be pretty much skin tight.

As far as the leg opening goes, there is only 1/4 inch difference between the leg opening in the 29 and 30, so sizing up will not really change much. The petit has a pretty tapered lower leg, so if you think the small leg opening looks weird on you, you may want to try a different cut/style of jean.

What kind of style are you looking for? and how big is your waist?

I wear nudies thin finn dry 31, black coated 30

i wear diesel thanaz 30

i tried 29 petit and i barely buttoned the bottom two

(had hard time buttoning them.. my thumbs hurt lol)

yeah i liked the fit

but i am not sure whether i should prewash it or just wear them

becuase im not gona just wear petit everyday.

i got some nudies and other jeans to wear so..

i chose APC petit cuz i loved the fitting, not becuz of the fading and wash

but i will eventually get fadings.. and i want it to be like "rvoe30's petit"

his fadings look great

oh and i dont think i can wear 28 in petit LOL

I wear nudies thin finn dry 31, black coated 30

i wear diesel thanaz 30

i tried 29 petit and i barely buttoned the bottom two

(had hard time buttoning them.. my thumbs hurt lol)

yeah i liked the fit

but i am not sure whether i should prewash it or just wear them

becuase im not gona just wear petit everyday.

i got some nudies and other jeans to wear so..

i chose APC petit cuz i loved the fitting, not becuz of the fading and wash

but i will eventually get fadings.. and i want it to be like "rvoe30's petit"

his fadings look great

oh and i dont think i can wear 28 in petit LOL

It sounds like 29 would be the right size then haha.

For the highest contrast fades, you have to wear them a lot, and wash them as little as possible. I would recommend that if you want the crisp fades rvoe30 has going, prewashing would probably do more harm than good.

It sounds like 29 would be the right size then haha.

For the highest contrast fades, you have to wear them a lot, and wash them as little as possible. I would recommend that if you want the crisp fades rvoe30 has going, prewashing would probably do more harm than good.

THANKS!

i guess ill just go petit 29 and wear them haha

oh and as far as stretch, how much do they stretch?

quite frankly, i tried petit 29, and i felt like it already streatched a bit while i was trying them at the fitting room (i didnt buy them tho..) lol

i mean, calves and legopening dont stretch

but thighs and butt parts and waist stretches crazy?

and i ride fixie a lot, im kinda worrie dabout knee stretches too haha

THANKS!

i guess ill just go petit 29 and wear them haha

oh and as far as stretch, how much do they stretch?

quite frankly, i tried petit 29, and i felt like it already streatched a bit while i was trying them at the fitting room (i didnt buy them tho..) lol

i mean, calves and legopening dont stretch

but thighs and butt parts and waist stretches crazy?

and i ride fixie a lot, im kinda worrie dabout knee stretches too haha

Well i've had my pair of 29's for about 3 months, and they've stretched to about a 34 waist (my true waist is a 32) and they fit great (pics above).

I wear them a bit low on my hips so its perfect. Thighs/butt will stretch until they're comfortable, sitting just off the skin. And I know for a fact that if you ride a lot you should get great fades, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Biking can be hard on the crotch, but don't let that or anything else stop you from wearing them hard

Well i've had my pair of 29's for about 3 months, and they've stretched to about a 34 waist (my true waist is a 32) and they fit great (pics above).

I wear them a bit low on my hips so its perfect. Thighs/butt will stretch until they're comfortable, sitting just off the skin. And I know for a fact that if you ride a lot you should get great fades, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Biking can be hard on the crotch, but don't let that or anything else stop you from wearing them hard

oh thanks

i was worryinb about not biking with my APC on

but ive changed my m minds now lol

i kinda regret not trying NC

i guess im going to try NC 29 as well and decide which one to get

whats the major difference tho. i heard NC is more skinny but less tapered legs?

Hey ceej i just saw your fit picture and i think they are great

but i wana see the butt part too (no homo)

just to see how much they stretch and like that!

haha thanks

and yeah the nc is an all around slimmer cut than the petit, but has a bit wider leg opening that gives a bit of a "flare" to the ankle area. It also has a higher rise than the petit, meaning the distance from the crotch to the top of the waistband is longer.