A.P.C.

jeepster

I don't understand why everyone posts progress pictures where they're not even wearing the jeans. They're always on the floor or something. I feel one of the main draws of raw denim is the conformation to the body. The reason I got into this is because I couldn't find jeans that fit my strange hips correctly. Yeah, sure, you got some SIKK FADEZ brah, but I want to see how your denim has fit to your body.

Yeah, fit pics > fade pics

Fit pics show how they fit specifically on your body AND shows the fades in context to the fit.

I could have the SIKKEST FADEZ in Da Wurld, but if the fit looks like absolute shit on me, no bitches will (s)cream at the sight of them.

it's annoying that APC are considered lower quality denim than other more expensive brands. I've had my apc's for two years or daily wear, the faded beautifully and cost me half as much as "superior" denim. Are people really judging the denim for what it is, or for the implied quality that people associate with price? I mean, can anyone really wear jeans for longer than two years without getting crotch rip or other kinds of deterioration? Or just plain getting bored and moving on to something else? I don't have a ton of experience with multiple differen brands, but i still think APC are up there on the spectrum of high quality, and when compared to brands like samuri and other self edge brands i think APC have better fading, and more classic qualities of fading from a standard raw classic denim. I always thought samuri's fades looked chalky and intentional. Just my two cents

it's annoying that APC are considered lower quality denim than other more expensive brands. I've had my apc's for two years or daily wear, the faded beautifully and cost me half as much as "superior" denim. Are people really judging the denim for what it is, or for the implied quality that people associate with price? I mean, can anyone really wear jeans for longer than two years without getting crotch rip or other kinds of deterioration? Or just plain getting bored and moving on to something else? I don't have a ton of experience with multiple differen brands, but i still think APC are up there on the spectrum of high quality, and when compared to brands like samuri and other self edge brands i think APC have better fading, and more classic qualities of fading from a standard raw classic denim. I always thought samuri's fades looked chalky and intentional. Just my two cents

This..............

boca, you would be able to answer your own question if you were to handle other brands / denim. i don't think that explanation was a cop out at all.

however, i've always contended that high quality when it comes to denim is merely 'subjective' (to a certain extent) and one could argue that soft means quality while somebody else may point to the dye, weight etc.

with that said if we were to base it on the superfuture standards of quality, APC is definitely lower quality.

lol

I think I'm gonna stick to this tightness + finding size 24 is hard

2 ocean washes and 1 machine wash

what size are they/how tall are you/what do you weigh? my size 25s are just too tight. anyone wanna buy an unwashed basically brand new size 25 petit standard for 125?

here is my fit pic -- this is how they look now -- have worn them probably 5 times max;

apcl.jpg

they look great in that picture but are too tight for my comfort.. just bought a pair of size 26 -- hopefully they will be perfect.