Warp and Weft: A Snapshot of Raw Denim in the United States (Documentary!)

DFreshLeish

Congrats!

This project has just reached the big 5k :)

We cant thank you guys enough! Very exciting stuff about to happen, and now we can finally stop freaking out about the kickstarter and start getting into the fun stuff, haha. Working on specific dates as we speak...

This is pretty awesome! I'm in the Bay Area :)

We better see you when we go out there! Should be a lot of fun.

Congrats! I already have lots to say...;)

Ha good, we're excited! Thanks for all your support.

Send a cut of any profits to Ande Whall to help get him up to speed again.

We're not really interested in any profits for the movie, and since we are both putting in as well as the kickstarter, there most likely wont be any. Buuuuut... if there is, that would most likely mean the film was very well received and profits will possibly go towards a part 2.... in Japan.

EDIT: Just looked in to Ande Whall, didn't realize he was affected by the earthquake, that's really awful. If we make anything off of this we'll be sure to give back to the SuFu community that has been so good to us.

As a few of you have seen, our Kickstarter campaign is successful as of tonight! But it is still open for another 20 days, so if you want any of the cool stuff for the film, head on over there and get it! We're working on exact dates for our New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles filming, we will let you all know ASAP. The good news is, thanks to all of you, the film will go on as planned! Filming will be in Juanary and February, and the projected release will be in May! Thanks again, hopefully this film can become as important to all of you as it is to us.

A special note of thanks;

All of you who have given your support, through the Kickstarter or otherwise, we can't thank you enough. We also wanted to give a special thank you to a few key people. Kiya, Beatle, JimmyC, huuuuge amounts of support and help. We also wanted to thank Anders Helseth, who took a leap of faith and is a major contributor to this film, now also the film's presenter. Obbi Good Label, You guys rule and we're glad to have such an excellent business and craftsmen behind us. Ashley James of Reull and Ray denim, Nick Coe of Rawrdenim.com, Steven Dang of Railcar Fine Goods, Daniel of Feltragier, Shelly Spencer, and Rebecca Hirsch.

OK, OK, i'll stop pestering you all with kickstarter updates, I promise the next updates on the film will be about cool new stuff that we're adding and hard filming dates. PM or email me if you would like to be filmed! The more the merrier! Let's turn this into 4 great SuFu meetups in 4 of the coolest cities in the United States.

A working list will be up by monday. Once we get exact dates we'll work on general time slots so we can try to do some time-management with interviews. I think we're shooting for around 15 interview slots per location, not including the ones that have already been mentioned (Kiya, RingRing, Beatle, Roy, Andrew, etc.). That will give us enough time to hit all the shops and such around town, and film some of the hang outs at night if anyone wants to continue the partyyyy.

^^^^^^^^

Excited to see those things in person Dave!

To everyone who's pledged at the DoubleXX and higher level at our Kickstarter, I will be contacting you in 4 or 5 days when the Kickstarter ends about size. Some of you I have been speaking with through email rather than SuFu PM's, I will be emailing you, check your junk folder just in case! Theres only one run of these things. If you dont hear from me by Friday Nov 5, PM OR EMAIL ME!

Just a reminder, only 11 hours left to get some one-of-a-kind stuff from our Kickstarter and support the film! You wont be able to get the majority of the things available on there once its ended! Thanks to everyone who have shown their support, this film wouldn't be possible without you!

We are pleased to announce that the elusive RingRing will be interviewed for the film. This is the most recent in a series of big "wins" for us. Thanks tho the person involved for making this happen (sorry, I wasn't sure how much I was allowed to say).

??...............

Good luck with the film.

??...............

Good luck with the film.

^ the man has spoken

Just to clarify...

RingRing is on board. There were some communication issues, but everything is cleared up and his interview is good to go. I hope you all are as excited as we are...

On a different note, the Kickstarter was very successful and we have you all to thank! Compiling the shirt order now that it has ended...

Also, almost positive dates for California (San Francisco and Los Angeles) shoot: Febuary 23 to March 1, 2012. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Is it too late to support and get some of the perks? Also, how long will the film be? An hour?

It's not too late, I just sent you a PM. We are still waiting on a couple of people to get back to me about what shirt size/color they want. Until then, the shirt order will not be filled and you can get a shirt or other things if you'd like. The film will be a full length, shooting for an hour and a half, but there will also be a LOT of extras.

great and exciting project, congrats. pity its just in the states.

Thanks! Don't worry, as long as this film is well-received by the SuFu community, we are planning on doing a part two in Japan and maybe a couple other locations.

Is it too late to support and get some of the perks? Also, how long will the film be? An hour?

same question for me, can I still jump on the wagon?

this deserves some support...