map :: san francisco :: hayes valley
Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:08 AM
this map should be quite accurate now... let us know if you find anything out of whack. as usual, all help credited on final map..
Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:54 PM
hey - nice stuff on the map - and I'm sure those who live in the Lower Haight will detest being labeled "Hayes Valley." some quick edits for you - will try to write some adds later when i have more time:
1. buu - closed two weeks ago, nothing new in there yet.
2. BMP - moving to the SE corner of Hayes and Fillmore but not open yet, Victor's [BPM's owner] wife has a store in this space now that sells kids clothes among other things.
3. nida - now has two locations on either side of True Sake. the newer one on the left side has no sign so might be slightly confusing. or even more confusing to note it on the map!
4. the top - closed a couple months ago, now reborn as "Underground SF" which haven't been to but seems to have at least one or two nights carry over from The Top days.
5. ceiba - moved to the Upper Haight.
6. spundae - pretty sure they closed...
ok - real quick - a few adds:
1. azalea - good mens/womens clothing store between friend and bulo men's - carry APC, JL, tank farm, pearse, etc. etc.
2. Place Pigalle - bar serving beer/wine/sake on hayes that pretty much all the neighborhood kids go to. on hayes just to the right of nida.
3. Blue Bottle Coffee Company - coffee stand that's attached to the model shop of an architecture firm that makes the best coffee i've had in SF. they have their own bean, they brew each cup of drip coffee individually, they make an incredible latte and they are tremendously nice people. on Linden just in from Gough.
4. future primitive sound - the djs-musicians-vjs-artists of the same name open a store/headquarters for their empire. art, clothes, music, etc. that's vital to the SF urban scene. SE corner of Haight and Steiner.
5. rickshaw stop - new-ish club/bar in hayes valley that is one of the best venues right now - they only do events so need to check what they've got going on but general scene is super nice staff and a varied [occasionally too scenester!] crowd. on Fell between Franklin and Van Ness.
Posted 14 February 2005 - 08:02 PM
and how did i forget to put that in when i only four days ago bought shoes there...
Posted 18 February 2005 - 10:00 AM
thanks for the helps, few questions:
1. blue bottle coffee company: on which conner of linden and gough?
2. rickshaw stop: which side of fell (N or S)? am going to move this map a bit to east to include this club.
3. the second HUF's lacation: on Hayes, do you know the number?
4. ceiba: moved to upper haight, do you know the number?
Posted 18 February 2005 - 04:30 PM
just call up the sutter Huf store and ask them for the number.
Posted 18 February 2005 - 10:27 PM
1. blue bottle coffee company: 315 Linden - it's just in from the SW corner of linden and gough. it's actually a sidewalk-front kiosk that is attached to an architecture firm's model shop which is indeed part of the reason to go there.
2. rickshaw stop: South-side of Fell, address is 155 Fell Street.
3. second HUF location: 516 Hayes.
4. ceiba: 1364 Haight - north side of the street btw. Masonic and Central.
what's your timeframe for getting this map finished? have a bunch of other adds for the neighborhood [I've lived in it for 5-ish years] but can't get to them for few days.
Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:27 AM
having lived in both hayes valley and lower haight, i think you should split the two. anyhow, here's a few more places:
1. hotel biron (45 rose)
2. zuni cafe (1658 market)
1. movida lounge (200 fillmore) - nice joint, good music
2. memphis minnie's (576 haight) - good bbq
3. toronado (547 haight) - lotsa beers
4. mad dog in the fog (530 haight) - english footie, good trivia night and beers
5. kate's kitchen (471 haight) - breakfast
6. nickie's bbq (460 haight) - funk, soul, good place to get down, zero attitude