Denime 66XX : 2 years are over!

dr.house

Salaami

I like my Denime jeans just with their natural fadings and they're still in use as my first class jeans till next month when eventually the Samurai contest will start. After this I'll downgrade my Denime jeans as my second class jeans for leisure hiking ski touring before they have to fulfill the most difficult duty as 3 class work pants for heavy jobs out in the forest cutting trees and whatever other dirty jobs. And after that they can rest in peace in the Jeansmuseum

And my second or third class jeans will stay outside my living room, so I don't care about their bad look, smelling or even filthy. After hard work I'll always have a shower and switch back to my nice first class jeans

Athough I know that I would get sharper fading contrasts when washing them I usually never wash my rawd denim stuff so I can't imagine at the moment to do so. Or what do you guys think ?

These were worn as class 3 jeans from the beginning to end, I just took the opposite method from swissfreak...thanx a million atzec for the repost. I used a female model for those pics...the camera has a 2007 date cause its my sisters and she was too lazy to correct the date. Maybe I can get one vote and kedp alive my dream for a new pairs of jeans I can actually fit! I went from a size 30w to a 36~38w after 40 lbs of cellulite...bite a brick mr almostnice ¡!!!¡

Atzec: Nice pics and it's great to see some mountain areas here after a long time. I'm feeling like at home!

And about downgrading: No worries, my Denime pants are still in use as my first class jeans and perhaps you're right, why not extending this first class phase on them for another pretty while? Although still kept in unwashed raw condition

^^^^^Salaami: Hope for you that your next raw denim dream comes true for you. And I like your method with breaking in a new raw denim pants as a third class pants from the beginning. For the Jeansmusuem I'm really thinking of finding some people who are willing to break in a new raw denim pants the hard way working as carpenter, or on construction sites or whatever, just with one condition : Not to wash them till at the end. And then they would be ready to rest in peace in the Jeansmuseum!

About wearing old raw denim rags: Since my weight is the same over the last 25 years (65 kg) it's sometimes nice, to pull on one of my old jeans I already had worn in the late 80'ies or 90'ies.

Denime 66xx

2 Years

Just about wore these jeans about a good 90% of the 2 years I'd say. And now just about everything is starting to come apart after beating them up so much- hems are torn half the way around, pockets are just gone in all regards, crotch hole (and repair, @ SE), etc.

These hold the first two years of university, sand from some traveling, grime from (a lot of) biking, and a lot of memories.

Click through for large on small photos

6107747020_3c2f06fb97_b.jpg

6107747628_ccd50874fe_b.jpg

6107748060_e0e09ea5ae_z.jpg

6107201807_f7acb0b576_z.jpg

6107202645_50d185cc00_z.jpg

6107750408_13b27097d6_z.jpg

Big shout out to Aztec and the guys at take5 & the old denime for setting the whole thing up, much love.

love the fit

• 2 weeks later...

I think that all in all, what caused the large hiccup, aside from the many people who didnt keep up with the monthly posts (myself included), was that denime stopped being denime and became the new denime. After that all happened, i was pretty certain that it would be very difficult to keep the contest going strong. Hard to be a contest when a key sponsor drops out first, nah mean?

• 1 month later...

I apologize to you all that I did not follow-up the Denime contest’s judging method and all the related issues since September. During this period, I was / am assigned to a front line clinical position in addition to my daily routine duties. So that I had / have to concentrate on my job with only a few hours rest every day.

I understand that contestants may feel frustrated and unhappy during this period. I must apologize to you all again.

Here is the arrangement of judging method :

Judging Method :

1. All contestants must send the jeans to Take 5 on or before 15 December 2011. The address is :

Take 5

1/F, 75 Granville Road,

Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon,

Hong Kong

All contestants must also provide his / her real name, address , e-mail address and user id in Take 5 forum / superfuture / Mynudies.

2. All the jeans will be sent to Japan. The jeans will be judged by the denim-industry-people in Japan.

3. After the judging process, Take 5 will return the jeans to the contestants.

************************************************** ************************************************** *******

Concerning the prizes, Benny and I already had many discussions on these. Many alternatives have been explored. Benny is now trying his best to get support from the concerned parties in Japan. It is hoped that the prizes will be known next week.

Take 5 and I assure you that we will keep on the contest till the end. Thank you very much for your participation in the Denime XX / 66XX contest.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Front side pic:

2011-08-28-red-DSC01085.jpg

It's a pitty, that I can show 1.5 year of heavy use in them since I started with a delay. But I'll be more then happy to treat them the hard way in the future when downgrading them as my second and 3. class work pants. And I like it most, when it comes to the wild and rough part of a raw denim's life. Because in that stage, the evolution is much faster and with more actions. And you don't have to take care keeping them nice anymore.

More evo pics on:

https://picasaweb.google.com/116118427799433045500/DenimeJeansContestStartFebruary222010?authkey=Gv1sRgCMTApuH-_qLcIQ

reudi whats with all the bananas????

@max_power @beautiful_FrEaK

Yeah my storage system for the 7000 jeans and 5000 denim jackets @edmonds

And no worries about my name. I don't care if called Ruedi (in Switzerland) Rudi (in Germany) or Reudi (in english speaking countries) ha ha

And my Denime jeans are still sort of alive but I would call them more death then alive ha ha

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak