Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

• 4 months later...

weird but i went to mervyns the other day to buy a pair..turned out they dont sell a 30 but there was a sz 30 lying around in the are...but then upon further inspection..the jean smelled funny, had a nice but a bit weird fit, and had a darker stitching...

could those have been fakes? maybe someone switched the pair in the fitting room?

I live in Texas where ridged STF and any ridged Wrangler you could ever want is sold. If someone from overseas needs help finding a size, let me know and I can try to help you out. PM Me. - Just wanting to help.

Okay, I just purchased a 32 x 38 pair of STF's. Now, I'm loving the fit right now, but I'm aware that IT WILL stretch, and will be baggy. What should I do?

And is it recommended to soak them in a tub for a bit and wear them until it drys? Is it recommended to do that? If so, why? I messed up in my previous pair so I don't want to mess up once again.

Thanks!

Shrink-to-Fit. Soak to Shrink. Put them in a tub or sink with hot water and soak them for a few hours.

One can wear them until dry, let them dry until damp and wear them, or let them dry completely. It's really up to you. Wearing them until dry is pretty ridiculous and unnecessary. People wait until damp to wear them if they are worried about them shrinking too much and want to gurantee a good fit made to the body, as the denim can stretch quickly when wet. Some people also like this method because they can get their "creases set" behind the knees to encourage honeycomb contrast. The last method of waiting until completely dry would be my recommendation. The creases wouldn't be "set" so all of the fading will happen naturally and not as forced.

You're welcome. But this has been covered at least one hundred times.

If you want someone to tell you what to do: here goes, buddy!

Get the longest inseam available. Shrink it and then hem it or stack it or do whatever you want. You can always modify it to work if it's too long. Get the 38 and it will shrink some.

what i do is...wear them until i get some of the creasing and honeycombs started then i take em off and hang till dry (about 20 minutes). the memory in the denim should allow the jeans to crease in the same places even if the creases flatten out.

most usually wear till dry though. make sure to move around or at least sit cross legged.

took a shower in my stf's about an hour ago, now i'm letting them dry. the original size was 36w/32l. i'm 6"2" so i let you know how much the inseam shrinks. they were very stiff when i bought them 2 days ago hence never wore them. blah blah blah. if i used the size chart then i'd have to get a pair with a38 waist, which is fine but a 35 or 36 inseam just sounds ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I bought my pair in April or May and have basically worn them once a day until now. Upon first getting them, I soaked them and they fit great. Now, they're baggy in the legs and waste. My girl's gotten disgusted with the whole thing when she found out I don't actually have more than one pair of them, so in the washer machine they go today.

Going to do a cold wash with detergent. Should be interesting to see the results. $30 jeans, so I'm not expecting anything like how my APC's and others came out, but we'll see. No starch or anything was used. Hopefully tomorrow I can get pics.

I think I bought my pair in April or May and have basically worn them once a day until now. Upon first getting them, I soaked them and they fit great. Now, they're baggy in the legs and waste. My girl's gotten disgusted with the whole thing when she found out I don't actually have more than one pair of them, so in the washer machine they go today.

Going to do a cold wash with detergent. Should be interesting to see the results. $30 jeans, so I'm not expecting anything like how my APC's and others came out, but we'll see. No starch or anything was used. Hopefully tomorrow I can get pics.

dont be too sad about the outcome after first wash. keep wearing them...they fade a lot more after the first wash.

they look better after every wash...surprisingly,,,i have a pair that has managed to stay fairly dark after three washes.