Visvim F/W 11.12

Calling 78 for his dissertation on sizing discrepancies with nomads!

ahhh need to renew my flickr pro acc't to find that image.

Visvim clothing has sized down nearly 2 full sizes since 2006. Old tops in M are BIGGER than some current tops in XL. Ofcourse there are exceptions but that's the rule of thumb I work by... shoe sizing seems to have stayed spot on... a half-size here n' there I guess (within the same shoe model that is!) The Logan's were massive... kieffers/et all faux-chucks are too narrow... yadda yadda

MOncler V's new boots look great.

Visvim sizing has changed and their shoes on different lasts will fit differently. I've got various shoes and they run from 9.9 to 10.0.

I saw some jacket at the FIL shop and it was a ridic $3k or $4k or something. It's made out of some new in house fabric that has goretex properties, but even more breathable. Didn't catch the name of it though. But damn, price made my eyes water. Makes the goretex stuff "cost effective"!

Sounds like it might be eVent. GE recently changed their event licensing rules and now you bond the membrane to your own face fabrics and don't need to use their branding. It breathes way better than Goretex, but requires more maintence as it loses water resistance as it gets dirty.

^^ interesting if true. I read an article awhile back about the GT licensing agreement it has with vendors. They write it out so if a brand uses GT they can't legally use another waterproof alternative such as eVent. The details are hazy in my head but a group of these alternative waterproof companies have litigated GT on the issue. Of course one way around this would be to license the alternative material w/o specific branding.

I've got a beater north face with eVent and its really quite good.

I saw some jacket at the FIL shop and it was a ridic $3k or $4k or something. It's made out of some new in house fabric that has goretex properties, but even more breathable. Didn't catch the name of it though. But damn, price made my eyes water. Makes the goretex stuff "cost effective"!

maybe pertex? seems to be a big push for that stuff in japan, bape is using for a bunch of their fall/winter pieces

I believe Kiya even sold some white Logan Mids because he bought a 9 and they were too big.

is this true? IS THIS TRUE?!?!

^^ did you know that environmental laws concerning rubber melting and such are way more lenient in china and have lower taxes associated with the production of rubber soles and such? China easily has some of, if not the most advanced factories in the world and most of that has to do with environmental taxes.

So that's the name of these virgils....

Picaro Virgils....amazing !!!!

As in....amazing!!!

wht's the JP retail on these babies?

around the 65000, 75000 ?

if they are 65000 ~ 75000Â¥ my matterhorns are going back to LA. will be a little pissed, but whatever. somehow i think these are gonna hurt pockets a bit more then that. although i don't understand why. you will have to forgive my ignorance on this one.

Yeah, no, those are like $3k. 90% of the shoes made were done for custom orders through trunk shows. So good luck finding a pair.

posted on human behaviour for roughly 2500.

that amount could buy me 4 spanking new suede virgils on yahoo...

http://www.humanbehaviour.com.hk/showroom/model/largepic.jsp?p=../user/1161381307749/gallery/b_1319559914010005985.jpg